Rae Must Go!

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Don't assume its just made up.

People are discussing this based on information that might or might not be accurate. That forms the basis of many discussions on here. Importantly, though, most are acknowledging this point, and placing caveats on their contributions accordingly. That's the key consideration.

At the very least, I think most of us accept that all is not well, and there has to be some explanation. The explanations I'm hearing strike me as increasingly feasible as each week (and match) passes. Unfortunately.

I'd tend to stay on the side that suggests some, and we have plenty of wallopers, are intent on spreading any sort of shite on the manager.

Choose what suits your opinion.

I have stated many times my thoughts on Rae.What I will say that whilst I am no tactician most sides including dare I say Celtic now play 4-2-3-1 .If we had another kind of holding player like Hutton who incidentally I thought played not too bad against Queens this would allow Mallan to play just behind the striker with Morgan and Walsh wide.What Rae is trying to do is accommodate during the match our four strikers who are decent players.It is abundantly clear that our squad therefore is unbalanced and the blame for this lies totally with Rae.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, Loyal Supporter said:

St Ricky , great , someone with a bit of savy and you've been looking at the stats and facts I see ! 

2 points from 5 games and bottom of the league.... FACT.

For certain Rae and Farrell will be working their arses off trying to improve the players they have and bringing in new guys . However their task is difficult because they won't find the finished article " free of charge " impossible and just won't happen . 

Clarkson? Sutton? Quinn? Webster? You could argue they are finished rather than THE finished article.

So supporters need to understand what the Manager is up against. As for Mallen I can see that he's adding another dimension to his game which has AR written all over it . He's a fantastic talent and to have the confidence to take on that ball first time at Coatbridge last week ON THAT PITCH and put it in the corner like that tells me Rae is giving him freedom to play along with other responsibilities .

Mallan has went from an enterprising, attacking midfielder to a bag of nerves afraid to make a pass which ensures he can't.

Not many players in Scotland would have taken on that ball never mind striking it the way he did. 

A throwback to what he used to be able to do.

Not easy for Webster at times as Jack Baird does not get tight enough to the striker and let him know he's there particularly early in games and on half way line when the score is 0 0 it's too late when your 0 2 down at home controlled aggression must happen from the kick off .

Baird spends too much time sh!ting himself over how slow and cumbersome Webster is.

Baird is a perfect example of a player Rae and Farrell could improve . He's young but needs to change his mentality Asap to be more aggressive and mark tighter higher up the pitch and let Webster or who ever do their job . 

Webster doesn't appear able to do his own job though.

Yes Quinn has that bit of aggression that's required so let's hope he stays fit and rubs off on others .

Aggression while running around like a headless chicken trying to work out WTF the manager's tactics are is useless.

Bottom line supporters need to do just that support but understand the whole picture . We are underdogs in this league in terms of funds available so we have nothing to lose . Forget about we were a Premier League side we are now a struggling first division side  Building towards the next 2/3 years , sorry but it's a fact . Get behind the team and management and look at the facts .

By the "manager's" own admission there are at least 5 clubs with smaller budgets and I query those figure as I can't see the likes of QotS having more than us.

So wake up, smell the coffee and see the REAL facts.

Edited by stlucifer

22 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

It's time that supporters get a reality check . The management team that Stewart Gilmour put in place will do a great job . There was every possibility that without them we would have been relegated last year . The problem that Alex Rae and David Farell have is dealing with the last few years of different mentalities in The Club .  Alex Rae is a winner it's easy to see he's trying to instal the same mentality into the players . He's not in a position to go and buy ready made players so he has to improve what he has and he needs and deserves time to do this . Got to say if you pay your money your entitled to your opinion but football does not work as simple as people think . The games we have went behind the players heads have not went down . The Albion Rovers result was just taken as " we should have won against them " and not enough credit given to the fact that 3 of the goals were top class on a crap pitch . How about stop talking rubbish about The Manager appearing on TV . No one said nothing when Steven Thomson was still playing and criticising his own team mates on the telly ! Also about Goodwin ( I was a big fan ) being allowed to leave . Yes he's doing well at Alloa but was finished at Championship Level . If AR goes it's a cert Tony Fitzpatrick will get the job AGAIN ! 

Hi Alex

1 hour ago, div said:

Rightly or wrongly I don't think Alex Rae will survive as manager if we lose to Dumbarton on Saturday.

Gordon isn't one to mess about.

Dumbarton are poor at the moment.. So if we don't get a result against them then Rae won't last .. And depending on the performance he still might not. Bottom of the pile can be enough of a trigger for a change .. But no reaction to going bottom  the following week in terms of a performance definitely will be..

Let's hope for two good performances away from home to turn the tide a bit 

Edited by STGBuddy

just had a look in paper and seen that Mr Rae is taking blame of our poor start to the season something I thought he was avoiding when doing his after match interviews

He's only taking the blame for bringing in players who haven't performed well, he stresses that our current predicament has nothing to do with formations or tactics.

1 hour ago, div said:

Rightly or wrongly I don't think Alex Rae will survive as manager if we lose to Dumbarton on Saturday.

Gordon isn't one to mess about.

The quality of football was bad enough last season . This season has been diabolical. 

Regardless of this Saturdays result , for me , he's not the man to take us forward .

2 minutes ago, Mykey said:

He's only taking the blame for bringing in players who haven't performed well, he stresses that our current predicament has nothing to do with formations or tactics.

Aye, which is effectively what he said at the weekend. It could be translated in a couple of ways - the players I brought it turned out to be a bit shite, or I've turned the players I've brought in to shite. Either way, he isn't covering himself in glory.

I ought to be surprised that Rae has not been dismissed yet, but given how long it took to get rid of the previous disastrous appointments, nothing surprises any more.

Automatic promotion is long gone already and even the possibility of a play off place looks remote, after only 5 league matches. That sums up the tenure of a "manager" who has proved to be in the wrong profession. Surely no-one else could be so stupid as to hire him after this (apart of course, from his regular stints as a pundit on radio which defy description)

Only if action is taken immediately can there be even a chance of recovery. Failure to do this will see attendances fall through the floor.

35 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

Dumbarton are poor at the moment.. So if we don't get a result against them then Rae won't last .. And depending on the performance he still might not. Bottom of the pile can be enough of a trigger for a change .. But no reaction to going bottom  the following week in terms of a performance definitely will be..

Let's hope for two good performances away from home to turn the tide a bit 

Don't think so they beat Dundee Utd ,we don't have a good record there

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, which is effectively what he said at the weekend. It could be translated in a couple of ways - the players I brought it turned out to be a bit shite, or I've turned the players I've brought in to shite. Either way, he isn't covering himself in glory.

Sounds like he's covering himself in shite.

I think I just saw Farrell in Morrisons. I even Google imaged him while I was in the shop to confirm if it was him.

And there's the point. My interest level has gone from years of travel everywhere, and never miss a game, to struggling to identify one of the management team when I'm standing a few feet away from him. If he hadn't been wearing Saints gear I wouldn't have known him from Adam.

On 9/11/2016 at 11:59 PM, Loyal Supporter said:

It's time that supporters get a reality check . The management team that Stewart Gilmour put in place will do a great job . There was every possibility that without them we would have been relegated last year . The problem that Alex Rae and David Farell have is dealing with the last few years of different mentalities in The Club .  Alex Rae is a winner it's easy to see he's trying to instal the same mentality into the players . He's not in a position to go and buy ready made players so he has to improve what he has and he needs and deserves time to do this . Got to say if you pay your money your entitled to your opinion but football does not work as simple as people think . The games we have went behind the players heads have not went down . The Albion Rovers result was just taken as " we should have won against them " and not enough credit given to the fact that 3 of the goals were top class on a crap pitch . How about stop talking rubbish about The Manager appearing on TV . No one said nothing when Steven Thomson was still playing and criticising his own team mates on the telly ! Also about Goodwin ( I was a big fan ) being allowed to leave . Yes he's doing well at Alloa but was finished at Championship Level . If AR goes it's a cert Tony Fitzpatrick will get the job AGAIN ! 

The supporters ARE the club and when they are bottom of the league with no sign of improvement then they are quite within their rights to voice discontent.

I admire your defence of the management team and ,thus far, I have also backed them but lets be frank ...it doesn't matter how much of a 'reality check' the fans need in your opinion. The management team need to live in the real world of football and realise that steering a ship at the bottom of any division isn't gonna increase the sales of rose petals through the club shop for you to walk on. The fans only react to the product and the direction.

and if you think fitzpatrick is gonna dust down the tracky then you need give your head a wobble 

I got pelters for starting another thread on Alex Rae so I hope it's ok commenting here . Someone suggested I was or thought I was Fergie ! Very good ! I'm only trying to explain that when Alex Rae took over he inherited players who were either :

1 .Not good enough to play at this level 2 . Good potential but not ready to go in and do a Profesional job so need worked on . 3 . 1 or 2 good enough to play at Championship level but with aspirations to play at higher level ( but still need improving ) what will happen is that he will have worked out a while ago the ones who are worth investing his and his staffs time on and the ones who in his opinion just will not do . I'm certain the first thing he will want is that ALL players compete in an aggressive in a controlled manner he just strikes me as a guy who will be hurting far more than any of us are . Unfortunately with football things go from bad to worse then you get a win you don't deserve then a run happens . So what I'm saying is that if you think it's bad it could and possibly will get worse ! But AR and DF I'm certain will turn it round , they are dealing with problems that happen when there has been a massive turnover of managers and players over a short period .

i see GUS McPherson mentioned ! Very strange that I'm being accused of being a " Fergie " and so many who write in here talk about the lack of knowledge AR has ! So were you at the cup final when we got beat by Rangers when it was 11 v 9 ? Now I'm trying no to be an arshole here but GUS couldn't even simply put 2 extra players out in wide positions and play Rangers 9 v 9 so common please . These guys need at least 2 more years in the job . They will turn it round and will improve players but they

( players )need to have the bottle for it because if they don't AR just ain't the type to hang about . By the way no one commented on what I said about Steven Thomson on the telly giving pelters to his team mates ! Just NOT on . I also know 100 % that when he was still playing with us he was playing with us he was smoking outside the pub in Houston ! While I'm paying good money to see him perform ! Just shit ! Can't see AR putting up with that ! So just shows what he was up against when he took on the job .

6 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

These guys need at least 2 more years in the job . They will turn it round and will improve players but they

Loyal ...you must be an agent or something surely?  

You are suggesting that a management team who are bottom of the league currently are in a position to ask for a two year commitment and the fans should back them regardless?

I'm sorry but on your other thread you said the fans needed a reality check , you need to think about what you are saying....and the reality is that clubs give you two years when things are going well...and right now ? that aint happening