Rae Must Go!

I think it's pretty clear dibble that Jack Ross had got something. He was arguably the brains behind Dumbartons success when murray was in charge. He inherited a team that wasn't his and in the summer has completely reshaped them. They're flying and would absolutely give us a game. We had a manager who had to build his own team after releasing 12. Time is deservedd for Alex rae but early signs are that his team is unbalanced and crucially they don't have the legs to win games. They have no pace outwith Morgan and this will hurt us. I am listening him say we have the fifth biggest budget? Is that actually true? With a payment from the spfl, more ticket holders than Raith,morton, Queens I can't work out how that can be? Is he just making this up. Anyhow regardless he needs to get this team playing. I have morton mates who are envious of our squad but we are playing dreadful football at present

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I think it's pretty clear dibble that Jack Ross had got something. He was arguably the brains behind Dumbartons success when murray was in charge. He inherited a team that wasn't his and in the summer has completely reshaped them. They're flying and would absolutely give us a game. We had a manager who had to build his own team after releasing 12. Time is deservedd for Alex rae but early signs are that his team is unbalanced and crucially they don't have the legs to win games. They have no pace outwith Morgan and this will hurt us. I am listening him say we have the fifth biggest budget? Is that actually true? With a payment from the spfl, more ticket holders than Raith,morton, Queens I can't work out how that can be? Is he just making this up. Anyhow regardless he needs to get this team playing. I have morton mates who are envious of our squad but we are playing dreadful football at present

Moneys in doesn't necessarily equate to budget given.

Northend, I appreciate your view but we cannot accept being mid table. Also by the time they play for our first team they'll be flogged for 100k so there will be no Fergie furies. How do Raith,morton,Queens have the cash to be top flight anymore than us? How are Hamilton able with 1300 fans, or any other small team. I respect your view I just don't believe that we couldn't support a top flight team. And sadly I don't think we will ever see another Fergie furies

38 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

For those campaigning to have Jack Ross takeover this autumn, he'll be inheriting Alex Rae's team. Do we have to wait until next season before we see a real improvement then? Why sack Rae and Farrell now and pay them off when we won't improve much until Jack Ross can bring some of his pals in next summer?

We have no pace in the team except for Morgan... and Hardie and Walsh. We probably have more pace this season than last year.

As for budgets... Dunfermline seems to be signing folk like there is no tomorrow (again!).I'd imagine Falkirk will have a similar budget, as well as Hibs and  Dundee United having bigger budgets.

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I didn't say sack him. Also Hardie,Walsh,Morgan v seldom play together. In central midfield we have no pace. Im suggesting give Alex some time of course but the season can't be allowed to spiral downward like last year

totally agree, pace throughout appears to be a real issue..... we are too predictable 

15 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Northend, I appreciate your view but we cannot accept being mid table. Also by the time they play for our first team they'll be flogged for 100k so there will be no Fergie furies. How do Raith,morton,Queens have the cash to be top flight anymore than us? How are Hamilton able with 1300 fans, or any other small team. I respect your view I just don't believe that we couldn't support a top flight team. And sadly I don't think we will ever see another Fergie furies

We cant support a top flight team at the moment because we dont have anyone to bankroll it.I dont want to accept mid table but im being realistic.Hibs will stroll this league and i reckon Dundee United and Falkirk will be up there at the end.As i said this season is all about stability.Next season we can push for promotion with the players coming through and i hope that we can make a push to achieve that.Other clubs are spending money they dont have and i wont be surprised if you see some fall into financial difficulty as the season unfolds.

I don't think dundee United or Falkirk will have financial difficulties. They seem to have well run clubs and United have a millionaire at the helm who although he is cutting back he woukdnt see them in trouble. It's been a sad decline for our club and it's so hard to get out of this league. Really all the average fan wants is to see their team win games and be in the top division. looking at our assets and others we shouldn't be 19th out of 42 at present in Scottish football

33 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I don't think dundee United or Falkirk will have financial difficulties. They seem to have well run clubs and United have a millionaire at the helm who although he is cutting back he woukdnt see them in trouble. It's been a sad decline for our club and it's so hard to get out of this league. Really all the average fan wants is to see their team win games and be in the top division. looking at our assets and others we shouldn't be 19th out of 42 at present in Scottish football

Dundee United are probably one of the clubs most at risk of financial difficulties. I wonder what share of prizemoney they were often on for a top 6 finish and now they can finish at best 1st in the Championship and now have no TV coverage to help bring in sponsorship. In recent years they have swapped debt for equity, and when they were relegated the chairman released lots of players before appointing a new manager (because they couldn't afford the contracts in the Championship and didn't have any relegation clauses written into contracts?).

Dundee United aren't a well run club, how much debt did they run up under the two Thompsons? Think of all the young players they sold for millions (Goodwillie £2m; Jonny Russell £750k; Gary Mackay Steven and Stuart Armstrong £2m; Ryan Gauld £3m with add ons that could double that fee; Andrew Roberston £2.85m; Nadir Ciftci £1.5m) - that's just over £12m in transfer fees in under a decade and they still needed some wealthy fans to stump up £4m to swap debt for equity in 2014 to eliminate bank debt.

Alex Rae is never happier than when on radio, appearing as an "expert" and invariably discussing his favourite subject, the Old Firm. At times like this, St Mirren are miles from his thoughts no doubt.

Last night was hilarious as a (surely set up) Saints fan came on with gushing praise and encouragement for his hero. It rather sums up the media that no-one had the inclination to ask Alex how his own team are doing at present ( possibly bottom of the second division by Saturday) On the contrary, he was persuaded to give his thoughts ( that's a laugh) on the weekends big game.

The old adage of cruel to be kind springs to mind when I say it may be better in the long run that Saints lose yet again this weekend if it hastens the end of the latest managerial disaster.

11 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Alex Rae is never happier than when on radio, appearing as an "expert" and invariably discussing his favourite subject, the Old Firm. At times like this, St Mirren are miles from his thoughts no doubt.

Last night was hilarious as a (surely set up) Saints fan came on with gushing praise and encouragement for his hero. It rather sums up the media that no-one had the inclination to ask Alex how his own team are doing at present ( possibly bottom of the second division by Saturday) On the contrary, he was persuaded to give his thoughts ( that's a laugh) on the weekends big game.

The old adage of cruel to be kind springs to mind when I say it may be better in the long run that Saints lose yet again this weekend if it hastens the end of the latest managerial disaster.

That post proves you are more obsessed with your hatred for the OF than you are interested in your own club.

Wanting your own club to lose matches is pathetic FFS.

The first two paragraphs were about how useless Rae is, and his only interest was in the OF, this at a time when his club are nearly bottom of the league. I then mentioned it may be better all round if Saints lost ,which may bring forward his dismissal.

I have nothing particularly against the OF, not more than other fans, in fact I am from near Ibrox, attended Bellahouston Academy and had to endure the "shame" of not supporting my local team. Still live near them and regard them as my second team.

If you read my posts, the majority are complaints about the price of entry and non-existence of entertainment. The current culprit for the latter (one of only a  long list) is Rae, although the real villains are the people who appointed him.

How exactly will AR turn this around? I believe he has a a similar management style to that of the lads at Salford FC. Some players get on board. At least for a short while...But once the players get over that style then you have a problem. We obviousley need a different approach. 1 point from 4 is poor.  And to ship 3 against Albion was shocking. I say give AR more time but what else does he have in the locker?

7 hours ago, athens-saint said:

How exactly will AR turn this around? I believe he has a a similar management style to that of the lads at Salford FC. Some players get on board. At least for a short while...But once the players get over that style then you have a problem. We obviousley need a different approach. 1 point from 4 is poor.  And to ship 3 against Albion was shocking. I say give AR more time but what else does he have in the locker?

Why is losing 3 goals shocking? How many did Raith lose against an even lower club? How did Morton and Dumbarton do against lower league clubs. It was a cup game and mistakes were made by Clangers.  We won the game ffs.  Wee teams raise their game and all the pressure was on us. Few teams win by a large score against lower league teams away from home.