Class of 92 - Still Out Of Their League

shull

Proof that success in your own career does not mean that everything you touch turns into gold, no matter how much money you throw at it, you being good at your job does not mean you will be good at another venture.

Is that what you took from it?

What I've seen is a club that has climbed 2 tiers since they were taken over. The old boy who builds the clubhouse and turnstile block said crowds had gone from 48 to 1400. The side knocked out Notts Co in the FA Cup. And when tonight's programme ended they were 4th in the league doing alright with a small but loyal group of unpaid volunteers doing a great job of keeping the club running.

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Proof that success in your own career does not mean that everything you touch turns into gold, no matter how much money you throw at it, you being good at your job does not mean you will be good at another venture.

No idea what you are talking about here TBH.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Is that what you took from it?

What I've seen is a club that has climbed 2 tiers since they were taken over. The old boy who builds the clubhouse and turnstile block said crowds had gone from 48 to 1400. The side knocked out Notts Co in the FA Cup. And when tonight's programme ended they were 4th in the league doing alright with a small but loyal group of unpaid volunteers doing a great job of keeping the club running.

Aye, but they haven't won the Premier League or the Champions League. :rolleyes:

I would suggest this has been a pretty successful venture, so far. 

While I've enjoyed the documentaries this year and last night, it does smack a bit of another Gretna waiting to happen. It just seems a slightly more cuddly (if that's the right word) version because instead of some random businessmen it's some former footballers.

The state of the fans at that Salford v Darlington match though :lol: 

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Think its a brill documentary and makes you appreciate just how hard football is. You cant just throw money at it. The club is growing the fan base is growing and for me its realistic.

Great fun

Same. I'm enjoying it. 

What has impressed me so far is the hard core of the club who are obviously locals who care deeply about their club. I've seen the same kind of thing in Scotland but generally only at the lower levels and it begs the question for me what is it that goes wrong when a club regularly big enough that means it severs the links with those local people. It'll be interesting to see as the years go on if people like the one operating the kitchen or the guy on the turnstyles get pissed off with the amount of work being levied on them.