St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 10/9/16

shull

1 minute ago, Dalrybud said:

Tired of hearing about how good the squad is ( even on paper). It's not good. We've simply replaced last season's wasters with an even poorer set this season.

Division 1 here we come.

I don't agree. I think there is undoubtedly potential there, but it isn't being harnessed. Guys like Mallan and Shankland don't become hopeless overnight. They are devoid of spirit and confidence. They must accept responsibility for this, but something is rotten at the core.

Shambolic performance . Rae has no idea how to organise a team especially at the back. Not one week has picked the same team. What has Hardie done to justify his place in the team today. Walsh is the new McMullan he never goes past a defender. Midfield are not even worth a mention . Time up 4 Rae. At least he'll get a taxi ok Farrell can go with him. Mr Scott first be decision let's hope he doesn't bottle it.

One of the most interesting things about today was the sub of Webster.

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

I sit near the dugout out Rae was getting pelters to take Webster off which he did.

Team in crisis can see no way back for Rae and many of that team should hang their heads in shame if they actually think that professional football is played in that manner or to that standard. Morgan was great, langfield has to be dropped and the defence needs shown by someone how to defend. No pace up front and every team coming here surprise surprise rips us apart with pace. Totally depressed.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

The treatment of webster was poor. Naismith gets away with any criticism cos he's young and a fan. He's also woefully out hid depth. If he was ex rangers hedge hounded. Funny how the boo boys pick the guts they dislike

Predictable response using predictive texting.

It doesn't matter what was in their past.. They get pelters when they display a severe lack of ability and, just as important, graft. Naismith is going through an horrendous phase but he isn't hiding.

26 minutes ago, TopCat said:

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

Hardly Webster was absolutely shocking throughout.  Worse if even possible after Naismith was subbed.  On that performance should never be near the team again and Gordon must have been wondering what he needed to do to get picked each week.i

20 minutes ago, TopCat said:

That's the way i saw it as well

He should have been hooked at half-time as Dobbie and Derek Lyle were ripping them for arse paper

Derek FECKING Lyle ffs

He tried to play offside 10 yards from goal putting no pressure on the pass to end up 3-1

Rae decides to go 3 at the back where the whole defence lack of pace especially Webster would be exposed

So it happened as Queen's should have added a few more

Webster ends up getting subbed to a chorus of catcalls,cheers and boos

We seem to play to our weaknesses instead of strengths

Takes off Sutton when the 2 wingers are playing decent and bringing on Clarkson

Shankland who main strength this season is his long throw but take off Sutton who has the most pressence

Rae has to go

Probably damage limitation. He was honking and deserved the hook.

Horrible to hear a saints captain being jeered or sarcastically cheered off the pitch should never happen.

Rae must be sacked tonight,horrendous and getting worse,,only way a would keep him for another month or so as if he agrees to terminate all his tv and radio work and fully concentrate on st.Mirren fc 100%-24/7,if refuses then get the prick to fuk and take the embarrassment of a coach/taxi driver with him,wonder who he will blame tonight,hopefully he walks as he a bitter *** that shouldn't be near our once wonderful and proud club, now we the new Airdrie,on freefall

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Naismith isnt hiding? He's honking! can't pass,jump,tackle yet we blame every defender bar him. Unbelievable

Every defender was honking

Add the keeper as well

Don't talk(90% of your game at the back)No shape,don't press as an unit in any area of the pitch,don't stop crosses

We have the slowest team in the league apart from Morgan

No legs in any area,double up on Morgan and we are more or less fecked

If he really wanted to embarrass him he would have left him on the park as he was getting absolutely roasted.

How low have we sunk when we cheer our captain being subbed, completely down to Rae! If he's shite why is he captain? If not why did you choose to humiliate him? To try and take away the attention of how pathetic a manager you are... i think that's more accurate!

Webster had a nightmare of a game. Go on tell me what you would have wrote if he had stayed on the park. Criticism? Bloody he'll mate.

If he really wanted to embarrass him he would have left him on the park as he was getting absolutely roasted.

Exactly. He was getting torn apart so he got taken off. Fairly straightforward.

Folk saying a St Mirren captain should never be booed - let's worry about that when he starts acting like a leader.

Good Points Today:

1. We actually tried to play some football instead of the aimless long punt. Probably the best football we have played (besides the EC game), however it was still a 1-3 defeat at home.

2. Morgan was great especially in the second half.

3. Unlike others I thought Mallan had a decent game because we tried playing through a midfield and he seemed to be playing a bit further forward.

4. For all of those that said Baird was the problem today hopefully proved for once and all Baird is not the problem. Webster is.

Bad Points Today:

5. Not just Webster's diabolical display but the fact that a St Mirren Captain was booed off the park. Sad days indeed (although deserved).

6. The defence as a whole.

7. The strikers are static. Sutton is 32 and Hardie is 19. Lyle is 35 and Dobbie is 33 yet the two QoS strikers were creating space, drifting wide, changing positions and beating younger players for pace.

8. Hutton and Walsh look terrified on the ball and take the safe pass all the time instead of running at the opposition or passing forward.

9. Rae has not resigned yet.

At least the next two games are away from home so I can have two weeks off.

Webster being substituted reminded me when Andy Millen was taking off. Webster has been awful most games this season. One thing about today was it looked kik team who were already down and just going through the motions. Terrible performance but probably not unexpected. I would not hold out hope for the chairman to act I think he will see what happens over the next couple of months. Gordon Scott did say he wanted to keep Gus.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Webster had a nightmare of a game. Go on tell me what you would have wrote if he had stayed on the park. Criticism? Bloody he'll mate.

To be honest the game was gone by that time anyway. I'll add that I don't think Webster should be our captain... but... Rae chose to make him captain. Taking him off, right or wrong?, further boosted QOS who sensed we were reaching an even lower point in the game if that was possible. Taking off our captain just further emphasised what a shambles we are/have become under Rae.

42 minutes ago, zebrakid said:

The problem is that if the players are not playing for the manager then they should be playing for their own self respect and for the Fans who pay to watch this crap

Yeah it's not as simple as that. There is absolutely no chance that the players can't be arsed. Whatever we think, they have got to this level by caring very much.

The players appear to be playing with fear. That IMO is the issue. Players appear to be working to rule, scared to make mistakes. Now I can only speculate why that is but IMO that is the core issue. Kicking arses won't help. Neither will booing them. It's nothing to do with self respect.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah it's not as simple as that. There is absolutely no chance that the players can't be arsed. Whatever we think, they have got to this level by caring very much.

The players appear to be playing with fear. That IMO is the issue. Players appear to be working to rule, scared to make mistakes. Now I can only speculate why that is but IMO that is the core issue. Kicking arses won't help. Neither will booing them. It's nothing to do with self respect.

Not often i agree with you:P but you can easily see the fear in our team.

We need to take a step back here.

In just 3 years since Danny left we have ploughed our way through Craig, Teale, Murray and now apparently Rae.

At what point do we accept this is not just about the cheap option backfiring?

We must stop this OF-style behaviour and start accepting that we need to leave our managers alone for the whole season to give them a chance to solve the problems in front of them. It is lunacy to keep sacking managers the second we start having problems. We can't afford it. Better managers will take one look at us and think "f**k that". We are starting to embarass ourselves and IMO fans need to STFU and leave the team to sort itself out.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not often i agree with you:P but you can easily see the fear in our team.

The approach at this stage is for the management to change style.

I am only assuming they are too aggressive for the players liking and I may be wrong but IF this is the case, they need to tone it right down and start again with them.

This is the only option.