Jim Goodwin

billyg

If his coaching ability is what it was, he's a dead cert to get approached by us when we look for a new manager...

He would be an awful appointment. We never be looking at someone who was stripped of their coaches responsibilities during one of our worst seasons.

Passion doesn't make a good player or manager.

22 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

If his coaching ability is what it was, he's a dead cert to get approached by us when we look for a new manager...

He would be an awful appointment. We never be looking at someone who was stripped of their coaches responsibilities during one of our worst seasons.

Neither for that matter does Coaching ability. Tommy Craig was widely accepted as being one of the games top coaches.......remind me how that turned out ?

38 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Neither for that matter does Coaching ability. Tommy Craig was widely accepted as being one of the games top coaches.......remind me how that turned out ?

You want reminded? Really............ I'm trying to forget that it ever happened.

1 hour ago, gc_SMFC said:

As you know, we never, ever really found out why he was stripped of his duties , and why he was basically shunned thereafter until he was out of contract . He would be a good guy to get in and around the club again imo as he is respected by the players , and he certainly wouldn't set up an ex Rangers players v non Rangers players friendly at training :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, billyg said:

As you know, we never, ever really found out why he was stripped of his duties , and why he was basically shunned thereafter until he was out of contract . He would be a good guy to get in and around the club again imo as he is respected by the players , and he certainly wouldn't set up an ex Rangers players v non Rangers players friendly at training :rolleyes:

At the time Goodwin was removed from his coaching position he'd just finished a suspension for an off-the-ball incident. Although it wasn't publically acknowledged even Jim agreed that sometimes 2+2=4.

The Irishman lost his coaching role at the club when Gary Teale – a fellow assistant – was installed as caretaker boss in the wake of Craig’s dismissal last week.

Goodwin said: “I’m obviously disappointed I had to give that up.

“I was very grateful at the time to Tommy for giving me that opportunity. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out.

“The results have been really poor and, if I’m honest, my ill-discipline on the park has gone against me when the board came to their decision.

“I haven’t been told that in as many words but I’m not naive enough to think it hasn’t had some kind of impact on their decision.”

Jim must have had his posh head on when he said "my ill-discipline".

I was as sorry to see Jim go as anyone and stated that I felt he still had another season left in him at Championship level but again it's be naïve to think that it wasn't largely down to that past ill-discipline and the baggage that went along with it that's left him playing a division below with a p/t club and not one of our rivals as many predicted.

Could we get him to dye his hair and play him as a trialist or something?

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I have read on here there's various rumours about AR but don't know what they are, nor do I go out my way to find out either. I also don't care for those whose sole agenda against seems to be that he supports Rangers.

But surely to f**k this Rangers and non Rangers thing you mentioned isn't true....is it? That can't have happened at a St. Mirren training session.....could it?!

It doesn't seem like that big a thing on the face of it but you can't have a manager potentially creating an 'us and them' attitude at the club in this day and age. That just can't f**king happen. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I have read on here there's various rumours about AR but don't know what they are, nor do I go out my way to find out either. I also don't care for those whose sole agenda against seems to be that he supports Rangers.

But surely to f**k this Rangers and non Rangers thing you mentioned isn't true....is it? That can't have happened at a St. Mirren training session.....could it?!

It doesn't seem like that big a thing on the face of it but you can't have a manager potentially creating an 'us and them' attitude at the club in this day and age. That just can't f**king happen. 

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

The Rangers v non Rangers is a cracking story. 

4 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

The Rangers v non Rangers is a cracking story. 

I was told by a guy in Saudi is was Rangers v Arseholes match.................

I've just had a text that said Rae was also the ref in this game, giving an amazing 26 penalties to the Rangers, unbelievable Jeff. 

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, billyg said:

Really

7 hours ago, billyg said:

FFS, please tell me you're joking and that didn't really happen!

Ok , I'm speculating again. But a former Dundee player I'm acquainted with says it happened up there when Rae was boss. Could it be happening here too ...............................................? Might not matter if he gets his jotters soon !