Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
billyg

Jim Goodwin

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Ok , I'm speculating again. But a former Dundee player I'm acquainted with says it happened up there when Rae was boss. Could it be happening here too ...............................................? Might not matter if he gets his jotters soon !

 

Speculating = total bollox.

Thanks for making that clear. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Alex Miller was appointed last year I remember various people on here getting all misty eyed about him turning up for his first training session as Saints boss in a Rangers shirt. I'd argue that's a far worse crime than splitting the team up for practice games, although I'd prefer neither to be happening.

Back in the 1980s Rangers used to split into England v Rest of the World for their training games, with Souness playing for the England team. Suppose Protestants v Catholics would have been a bit one sided...

Edited by Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stu said:

When Alex Miller was appointed last year I remember various people on here getting all misty eyed about him turning up for his first training session as Saints boss in a Rangers shirt. I'd argue that's a far worse crime than splitting the team up for practice games, although I'd prefer neither to be happening.

Back in the 1980s Rangers used to split into England v Rest of the World for their training games, with Souness playing for the England team. Suppose Protestants v Catholics would have been a bit one sided...

The Glasgow University football team used to have an annual **** v ***** match. It was usually refereed by a grade one official. In the one game I played  Brian McGinlay was the ref.

Obviously I didn't fit into either category, but was deemed a Tim as my surname "made me sound like a Tim". The other 'keeper was a Morton supporter and he ended up in goals for the ****.

That was the early 80's though.

Good to see we're holding on to our cultural traditions.............................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I appreciate that journos can write stories to present a certain view, however I'm disappointed in Goodwin for coming out with this when our current manager is under pressure.
Thought he was better than that.




As it stands he's not employed by the club so can say whatever he likes.

Far better to know that he still holds a flame for the buds and would entertain an approach than saying nothing then being overlooked if the situation did arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I appreciate that journos can write stories to present a certain view, however I'm disappointed in Goodwin for coming out with this when our current manager is under pressure.
Thought he was better than that.



Yep, it reminds me of when Davy Hay turned up the pressure on Tony Fitzpatrick by announcing that he fancied the St Mirren managers job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Jim is working for a recruitment agency to supplement his Alloa wages. Says it's his first ever job outside football.

Welcome to the real world . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Jim is working for a recruitment agency to supplement his Alloa wages. Says it's his first ever job outside football.

I'm sure about a month ago he was on the radio and in the papers saying he was working for a car garage/hire/valet place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Big Jim was to blame for that goal. Dunno what he was doing trying to get the back with the back of his heel as it dropped over his head. Would have been far better just getting back

 

Legs had gone by then

Wouldn't have totally blamed him

Nae neck beat half the team before scoring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Legs had gone by then

Wouldn't have totally blamed him

Nae neck beat half the team before scoring

Yeah his legs had gone but his experience should have told him not to try what he did. For me it kind of sums him up though. Anytime I watched him you could see the ability, the determination and the desire about him, but you knew that there was going to be at least one moment of utter madness from him that would often be costly. I feel sorry for Alloa though. From what I saw of the game they looked well organised and did a fine job of frustrating Celtic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah his legs had gone but his experience should have told him not to try what he did. For me it kind of sums him up though. Anytime I watched him you could see the ability, the determination and the desire about him, but you knew that there was going to be at least one moment of utter madness from him that would often be costly. I feel sorry for Alloa though. From what I saw of the game they looked well organised and did a fine job of frustrating Celtic. 

Goodwin was caught on his heels as it was a counter attack from Cellic. He had no time to turn and tried all he could to stop the ball from going past him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stlucifer said:

Goodwin was caught on his heels as it was a counter attack from Cellic. He had no time to turn and tried all he could to stop the ball from going past him.

Ach nonsense. He flicked out his heel behind him. If that's all he could do he's hopeless. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Ach nonsense. He flicked out his heel behind him. If that's all he could do he's hopeless. :rolleyes:

Ok Fernandinho. You know better.

Oh wait a minute. Your a Feckin pipe fitter. In that case, I'll stick to my opinion ya twat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Ok Fernandinho. You know better.

Oh wait a minute. Your a Feckin pipe fitter. In that case, I'll stick to my opinion ya twat!

So which top class defender are you then? :rolleyes:

I'm sure even Jim Goodwin knows he f**ked up having had a good game. Dunno why people would want to excuse it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Jim not set the striker up for the chance that should have seen Gordon sent off? He should still be at st mirren in one capacity or another, absolute travesty to let him go, sure he might not be the most gifted of players out there but he certainly makes up for it with his work ethic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×