Ben Gordon

ulysses

Just now, ulysses said:

Totally agree Sonny. Baird has youth and potential on his side, Mackenzie is only just in after being injured, Gordon hasn't played much...the one constant in our shite defence has been Webster. 

I expect Andy Murdoch might come in now. Maybe Lappin (unsure if he has a club yet).

It's a DM we need, if we're going to bring back another member of the 2005/06 squad it has to be Andy Millen! :spud5

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's a DM we need, if we're going to bring back another member of the 2005/06 squad it has to be Andy Millen! :spud5

I reckon Lappin could play that role...maybe not in the hard man mould of Millen, but as a deep, sitting midfielder who can pass the ball. 

There isn't really anyone out there like that, on a free anyway (that I know of).

5 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I reckon Lappin could play that role...maybe not in the hard man mould of Millen, but as a deep, sitting midfielder who can pass the ball. 

There isn't really anyone out there like that, on a free anyway (that I know of).

If we're entering the world of practicality I've said for a while that dropping Clarkson back to partner Hutton freeing Mallan to play further upfield is our best current option in a 4-2-3-1 stylee!

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

If we're entering the world of practicality I've said for a while that dropping Clarkson back to partner Hutton freeing Mallan to play further upfield is our best current option in a 4-2-3-1 stylee!

As good a shout as any mate, anything's better than having that flat middle two of Mallan and Hutton. The tactics/shape isn't fair on either on of them. Both players' games are being adversely affected by Rae's refusal to budge. 

Naismith isn't cutting it at right back just now. Could he be slotted in to DM, with us playing a back 3, and Irvine moving across to the right side?

Yeah, I know....

Just like the scarecrow standing in the field trying to have a wank, I'm clutching at straws.

Ooooft... This isn't a Chelsea or Man City issue where they buy a player and then immediately send them out on loan because they can. This looks more like a boss who , either hasn't done his homework on the boy and now doesn't rate him (after a very short space of time) or they've fallen out.... Or both.

What it isn't .. Is that the manager has decided that we are so good at the back and things are going so well that we can send this lad out for experience. 

Another opportunity for the manager to attract criticism .., and he's taken it 

If , as suggested, this move is to facilitate the signing of a midfielder then the manager must get the signing 100% right.

However, given his past record, I fully expect any signing to be underwhelming and Rae to be out of a job after our defeat by Dunfermline.

I must add, that getting rid of Gordon, who surely must be better than Webster, seems totally barking.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If , as suggested, this move is to facilitate the signing of a midfielder then the manager must get the signing 100% right.

However, given his past record, I fully expect any signing to be underwhelming and Rae to be out of a job after our defeat by Dunfermline.

I must add, that getting rid of Gordon, who surely must be better than Webster, seems totally barking.

Totally agree

I expect Andy Murdoch to be announced as our next signing

This season has echoes of Davy Hay time here

18 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

Ooooft... This isn't a Chelsea or Man City issue where they buy a player and then immediately send them out on loan because they can. This looks more like a boss who , either hasn't done his homework on the boy and now doesn't rate him (after a very short space of time) or they've fallen out.... Or both.

What it isn't .. Is that the manager has decided that we are so good at the back and things are going so well that we can send this lad out for experience. 

Another opportunity for the manager to attract criticism .., and he's taken it 

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If we needed to free up a wage to bring in a midfielder as cover for Quinn we don't have the luxury of hawking players round the clubs to see if anybody bites. If interest in Gordon had been shown by Alloa then he got the short straw and the deal was set up. Personally, I didn't think he looked anywhere near fitness last week albeit he played well enough. Lets hope someone is lined up to come in now.

I suppose on the positive side we're not paying off his contract a few months after signing him, like we used to do on a regular basis. Still reeks of a shambles though.

I suspect we'll be paying a sizeable chunk of his wages whilst he's out at Alloa.

Additionally by January circumstances may have changed and he'll be featuring in our back 4...

21 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Totally agree

I expect Andy Murdoch to be announced as our next signing

This season has echoes of Davy Hay time here

Rae shouldn't be allowed or trusted to bring anyone else in . 

The money saved with Gordon going to Alloa should go towards paying off the manager and his sidekick . 

Just now, munoz said:

Rae shouldn't be allowed or trusted to bring anyone else in . 

The money saved with Gordon going to Alloa should go towards paying off the manager and his sidekick . 

Gordon scott cant afford to take chance on keeping rae as in league 1 isn't going to be good get this imposter away from our club and let him frequent bt sport and superscoreboard talking bout his rangers pals not good enough

23 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

If we needed to free up a wage to bring in a midfielder as cover for Quinn we don't have the luxury of hawking players round the clubs to see if anybody bites. If interest in Gordon had been shown by Alloa then he got the short straw and the deal was set up. Personally, I didn't think he looked anywhere near fitness last week albeit he played well enough. Lets hope someone is lined up to come in now.

I just think Rae's recruitment strategy looks all over the shop as the squad appears imbalanced and to send a boy out 12 weeks after signing him is bizarre 

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Our defence have been abysmal, and we have now lost an option to change it. Bonkers.

Possibly this gut could have helped but equally he could be no better.

It's just looking like, similar to the messiah Goodwin, another stick to beat the manger with.

Suppose it let's the Rangers hating element get a rest...................for now. :lol:

Boards of Directors appoint the managerial team. Ours chose Alex Rae and his team. This worked a treat last season.

But

I do recall Alex Rae expressing the view that he had missed out on some of his potential signing targets as we were not secure until after the transfer window had opened.

My view - maybe not yours - is that the manager works within the budget agreed and within this adds or disposes of the players within this.As such, Alex Rae is doing exactly this.

He will either stay and go on to greater things with us before moving on of his own choice or be relieved of his post by the board if not.

My choice with the budget freed up would be to add cover for Rocco Quinn and strengthen our midfield.

Our defence is too often left open to fast breaks that could or should be cut out before it reaches them.

Just my opinion as a fan, not an expert.

Possibly this gut could have helped but equally he could be no better.

It's just looking like, similar to the messiah Goodwin, another stick to beat the manger with.

You're right, he may not be very good... But then again Rae did sign him only 3 months ago. You would therefore have to question his recruitment policy, arguably one of the main tasks, if not the main one of a manager.

It is hardly surprising that he's therefore getting stick over this.