Alex Rae: sacked!

ulysses

This is becoming a regular occurence

The next appointment is crucial......something about the froth in my urine tells me the next one will be a good one.

Anyway I am impressed by the decisive action of oor Mr Scott.  Hanging this failing nonsense out any longer would ony have deepened the damage to Paisley's best ever sporting club.  

Well done Gordy Scott.

Edited by TediousTom

Let's hope some good can come of this. The RIGHT manager this time please, not the cheapest.

The players must be man enough to put their hands up & say they have contributed to this then get their digits out or they will go the same way come January.

Wow bit surprised but not disappointed. Forget all this rubbish about him being a rangers man. What was clear was that in spite of being a paid employee he wasn't a St Mirren man.

There was certainly no great improvement when he took over from Murray and performances this season have been dire.

Thought he might have got through to Nov but there you go. I suspect there was a wee meeting with the board and he mouthed off.

Good bye you are the weakest link

Things may have been shit this season but you can't say he didn't make an improvement on the shitfest Murray presided over.

3 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

The unfortunate thing is we are still stuck with the substandard players he signed and re-signed.

Time will tell if they are substandard or not. Any player living in fear and/or lacking confidence will not perform. Mallan doesn't become a bad player after last season.  A new manager may get the best out of the team through good tactics and motivation.

Hope the people that were desperate for him to get the chop are happy.

If memory serves me correctly (speculation) When Kilmarnock and Saints were looking for managers at the same time, Danny Lennon was interviewed by both clubs but Mixu was considered also for Saints. I'm pretty sure Scott's preferred candidate was Mixu but the rest of the board opted for Danny. Can't help but think Scott might eventually get his man.

I have to say I'm not sorry. Didn't want him appointed but I admitted he consolidated well and ground out some results to save us from Murray's debacle, but this season has been hellish, repeating the same errors over and over. On the match day thread when the team was announced several posters (I remember top cat and myself and several others) were amazed at Langford being 1st choice, a flat 4 in midfield with 2 wingers & Malian & Hutton central because it hadn't worked all season. So he had to go. If he'll come i'd like Yogi.

Never nice to hear someone has lost their job but they weren't up to the task and we're taking us backwards. 

Unfortunately I don't believe there was any chance of them rescuing our season and we were (and still are) in real danger of relegation. 

We need someone to come in and turn things round quickly as we have an extremely tough run of league games against Falkirk, Hibs, Dundee United and Morton around the corner. 

First up is Dunfermline which we can't afford to lose and looking at the following games we probably need to win. 

First big decision by GLS and the right one IMO  

Second decision is the appointment which we need to nail. 

Surprised but not disappointed.

His dogmatic refusal to even consider his tactics being a contributory factor went a long way to his downfall.

Not going to celebrate two men being made unemployed... But I do think the board has been decisive and is to be applauded for that.

He still have his media job and his sidekick can job share with shull [emoji2]

I guess my preferred choice last time and time before out - Stephen Kenny - wouldn't even consider the job now he's managing a team thats just earned their first point in the Europa League. Oh how people laughed and mocked when I put his name forward eh? 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I guess my preferred choice last time and time before out - Stephen Kenny - wouldn't even consider the job now he's managing a team thats just earned their first point in the Europa League. Oh how people laughed and mocked when I put his name forward eh? 

He was shite at Dunfermline.

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He was shite at Dunfermline.

noooooooooooooo... you just HAD to... didn't you!

We ALL know that. We ALL bar one agree that as an appointment within Scottish football goes it would be wrong and far too risky...

but had we ignored the comment we might have been saved a lecture!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

noooooooooooooo... you just HAD to... didn't you!

We ALL know that. We ALL bar one agree that as an appointment within Scottish football goes it would be wrong and far too risky...

but had we ignored the comment we might have been saved a lecture!

Nah, he'd have given us one any way.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Mummy, How can I make this about me???

Well this demonstrates that those running the club clearly see what most of us have seen , unacceptable gash, don't like it, dont see any prospects of improvement and have decisively acted, good on them. Terrible appointment by SG anyway. Thankfully the next recruitment task falls to others and there will be no more chicken legs tossed in the air.

I don't care who gets the gig next, hey hoh, it's all a bit of a non magic rounabout just now.

What I hope for is a manager that can unite, can set a team out to play with passion width and heck even some pace. Imagine someone that might even support the players.

Hopefully St Mirren might even soon get to put the smile back :o We are a "nice wee club with a nice wee set up" but we'd like some ambition and a plan in there too please.

Oh look, it's beer o'clock.