Alex Rae: sacked!

ulysses

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Want a list of where Stephen Kenny has been successful? Do you want to know how many league titles he's won? How many FAI Cup's he's won? Kenny had a tough run at a bankrupt Dunfermline yet for some reason this should exclude him from ever being considered for a job in Scotland despite taking Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final and qualifying for Europe in his short and unsuccessful time there. 

No, I don't want a list. To quote your comment on John Hughes being a failure at Hibs, Kenny was a failure at Dunfermline as they were relegated. IIRC they qualified for Europe by getting to the Scottish Cup final and losing to Celtic. So they lost the cup and got relegated then Kenny was sacked as Dunfermline were poor on the first division.   Not saying he is not doing a decent job as manager of Dundalk but if he is that good why are the bigger clubs in England not touting him?

28 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Hopefully St Mirren might even soon get to put the smile back :o We are a "nice wee club with a nice wee set up" but we'd like some ambition and a plan in there too please.

Except for they tannoy system, when we let others use our West Stand, lack of facilities for our wheelchair fans etc. Apart from that we're a nice wee club.

11 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

No, I don't want a list. To quote your comment on John Hughes being a failure at Hibs, Kenny was a failure at Dunfermline as they were relegated. IIRC they qualified for Europe by getting to the Scottish Cup final and losing to Celtic. So they lost the cup and got relegated then Kenny was sacked as Dunfermline were poor on the first division.   Not saying he is not doing a decent job as manager of Dundalk but if he is that good why are the bigger clubs in England not touting him?

Are the bigger clubs in England touting John Hughes? I must have missed that :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Wouldn't fancy any of them to be honest. Hughes would probably be the best of that group but he's likely to be expensive and there's nothing to suggest he can turn it around. He didn't at Livingston or at Hartlepool. 

I'd take Fullarton tbh

This guy looks to have spent donkeys learning the managerial side of the game and has ran academies at Bolton , Palace and Nottingham Forest. Also runs his own academy in Spain so I assume has the contacts to bring in the young talent we desperately need (for example .. Oliver Burke at Forest) 

he had a short spell at Notts county but that club is , and still is , a basket case 

I know he's an ex saint and , for some, left under a cloud but we need someone who can inject some life into the club and not be just another one of the journeymen managers. 

I assume Hughes will be favourite though :D

Edited by STGBuddy

I had a feeling that Rae wouldn't make it beyond this season regardless of league position. He just didn't seem like a good fit for Gordon Scott and the new regime. He'll keep his counsel no doubt but I don't think GS ever thought AR was the man to take the club forward.

It has been a dire start to the season, but I reckon this is as much about the future direction of the club. Scott will have someone in mind who may well have been sounded out already.

Kenny McDowall might be a left field name. Was a bit of a disaster at Rangers but the circumstances there were unusual to say the least.

Has a great track record with younger players. A few years ago he'd have been a hugely popular appointment.

I'd say Gus will be favourite. Him and Gordon get on well and he inherited more or less the same situation last time and within 2 years we were promoted.

For all I really liked Gus personally I'd rather not go back the way, you don't really want a new manager coming in where some fans already have it in for him.

Hughes left ICT because he wanted to spend money they didn't have, i would not want a manager who leaves a job because he can't work with a team of players some of which he signed himself.

I believe Hughes wanted to push the club forward as they won the Cup and got into Europe but the Club didn't want to push to the next level due to lack of any support.

We are reasonably close to his Edinburgh base so could work.

That's my choice anyway.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Hope the next mug hasn't any association with Rangers. :rolleyes:

Imagine their faces when McCoist strides into Greenhill Rd.

You know the media will be full of he was never given a chance due to his Rangers connections

Thanks to a couple of clowns that's the road they will go down

Nothing to do with our dismal performances,his poor squad building and poor man management