Sat Oct 8

norrie82

With Hibs about to cancel our irn bru cup clash on Oct 8 due to call ups I wonder if we could play the Morton game that day? Morton are playing Aberdeen on cup on weekend of oct 22. Surely playing down there on a Saturday with no top flight football would make sense? Better chance of a crowd then rather than a miserable early winter midweek?

23 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

With Hibs about to cancel our irn bru cup clash on Oct 8 due to call ups I wonder if we could play the Morton game that day? Morton are playing Aberdeen on cup on weekend of oct 22. Surely playing down there on a Saturday with no top flight football would make sense? Better chance of a crowd then rather than a miserable early winter midweek?

Seems like a sensible course of action................therefore it won't happen.:(

2 hours ago, shull said:

Four Threads now :lol:

I fail to understand the point of this type of comment. Maybe I am a bit simple and many might agree that I am bur surely the point of a forum is that as many people as possible post and on any topics they might feel are relevant. Then again, I might have things completely wrong. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I fail to understand the point of this type of comment. Maybe I am a bit simple and many might agree that I am bur surely the point of a forum is that as many people as possible post and on any topics they might feel are relevant. Then again, I might have things completely wrong. 

You really can't see that having 4 threads on the same subject is rather unnecessary?

FFS! 

21 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Faraway I hadn't realised the other thread. Not sure it's that big a deal mind you. Enjoy the game tomorrow

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You really can't see that having 4 threads on the same subject is rather unnecessary?

FFS! 

Simple really --- I just cannot see what the problem is, despite agreeing with Norrie, that he, like perhaps myself and others just did not notice.

Howver - if it floats your boat to check these things out, police them and point them out then I do still wish you well.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Is the Hibs game on 8 October going ahead?

Last info I saw on this was Neil Lennon last week who was reported as saying that the club would lose four players due to international commitments - but he's making a lot of assumptions...

1. John McGinn (Scotland) - fair enough

2. Jason Cummings (Scotland U21) - surely he'll get a pass as we are already out of contention

3 Ofir Marcianio - (Israel) - hasn't even been called up yet

4 Otso Virtanen - (Finland U21) - likely to be picked but 3rd choice keeper at Hibs

While John McGinn would be a big loss, surely the other three will either not be called up (for whatever reason) or wouldn't have played anyway?

Mr Lennon should just stop moaning and get on with it. Any squad members he has to throw in are likely going to be higher earners and in better form than most if not all of our first eleven.