Ian Cubby Cuthbertson

It's with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I am letting people know of the passing of my great friend. Cubby passed away today after battling cancer for the past 6 months. Cubby was past president of the St. Mirren Supporters club up at Knox Street. And for years ran the supporters bus extremely successfully. In recent years he neve attended a lot of games but was always a Saint. I'm sure all who knew him would like to pass on their condolences to Joyce and the family. RIP CUBBY Thank for the great times and superb memories.

Absolute gentleman and a great St Mirren fan back in the day.I bought him a ticket for the first game at Greenhill Road hoping to rekindle his desire to come back regularly but i think the Knox Street demise knocked the stuffing out of him.I got to see him on a daily basis as he was our postman and we chewed the fat about St Mirren constantly and i only have good memories.May you rest in peace Cubby now you,re suffering has come to an end.You fought it bravely my friend.God bless.

It's with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I am letting people know of the passing of my great friend. Cubby passed away today after battling cancer for the past 6 months. Cubby was past president of the St. Mirren Supporters club up at Knox Street. And for years ran the supporters bus extremely successfully. In recent years he neve attended a lot of games but was always a Saint. I'm sure all who knew him would like to pass on their condolences to Joyce and the family. RIP CUBBY Thank for the great times and superb memories.

I don't know the name Gary but might have known the face. Condolences to you and his family mate. Another good Buddie gone too soon.

Sorry to hear of Cubbys  passing. Knew he was very ill but always a shock when it comes. I knew Ian for almost 40 years,travelled to many a match on the Knox street bus with my brother (Ian's in law) & Ian.  despite him not being so close to Saints in recent years, always was & always will be a Saint. Condolences to Joyce & the family. 

Very sad news. I've fond memories of Cubby from when I travelled on the Knox St bus with my Gran & Papa in the 80s and early 90s, as well as from my time as a ball boy. Cubby never gave in to our demands for an increase to the £1 a game wage!

Condolences to his son Scott(?) and the family.

I managed to dig out an old photo. I remember Cubby organising the Knox St bus through to Edinburgh for a sing song against Dunfermline supporters on live tv for STV's charity telethon! Cubby is standing behind Santaponsasaint.

Knox St -Telethon90.jpg

1 hour ago, bungle_1981 said:

Very sad news. I've fond memories of Cubby from when I travelled on the Knox St bus with my Gran & Papa in the 80s and early 90s, as well as from my time as a ball boy. Cubby never gave in to our demands for an increase to the £1 a game wage!

I managed to dig out an old photo. I remember Cubby organising the Knox St bus through to Edinburgh for a sing song against Dunfermline supporters on live tv for STV's charity telethon! Cubby is standing behind Santaponsasaint.

And, for those watching in Black and white, the green ball is behind the blue!:P

Edited by stlucifer

Knox St -Telethon90.jpg

And Skodasaint next me and barmy hammy. That was a great day. Ended really pissed lol