St Mirren v Dunfermline

Langbank

11 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Another home game l will probably miss due to kick off time. Why bother with a season ticket when TVs deal leads to this ridiculous 5.15 time. Friday night would be much preferable.

Why is it ridiculous?

What were you planning at 5:15 on the Saturday?

Usual over reaction, go or don't, just do it without advertising it.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Why is it ridiculous?

I was planning to be arriving home from the Match at that time.

Why is it ridiculous?

Like many fans l have family commitments. My point is that there increasingly is little point in a season ticket when games get moved about like this at relatively short notice, if your in a position where unusual kick off times don't suit. The money teams get from these tv deals at present l doubt covers the loss of revenue from Lower crowds

On 9/28/2016 at 10:03 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

Another home game l will probably miss due to kick off time. Why bother with a season ticket when TVs deal leads to this ridiculous 5.15 time. Friday night would be much preferable.

Yes for you maybe. But how many people would that inconvenience ?  

fwiw, i think 5.15 KO on a saturday is just plain stupid & I do agree about the season ticket thing. 

I'm probably just missing the good old days when you knew the game was on at three on a Saturday or Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Life seemed simpler. Also you could catch the reserve game if saints were playing away or first team game postponed. Remember three of us sitting in park head main stand in late eighties surrounded by unamused Celtic fans after frozen pitch cancelled main game at love street. We lost three nil which was probably just as well given the looks we got, particularly my pal Alan who proudly displayed his scarf

• 1 month later...
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

Like many fans l have family commitments. My point is that there increasingly is little point in a season ticket when games get moved about like this at relatively short notice, if your in a position where unusual kick off times don't suit. The money teams get from these tv deals at present l doubt covers the loss of revenue from Lower crowds

100% Correct.  Missed the last game with its 5.30 kickoff because I would not make the last ferry.