Hibernian v St Mirren Challenge Cup 8/10/16

shull

Do you have the licence to start posts about the next game up?

What this game should allow us to do is to be able, to some extent, to see what progress we have made since losing to Hibs at home a few weeks ago.

Hibs have found life a little tougher recently.

Crowd - 9,468

Hibs 1 St Mirren 1 At the end of Play.

Game settled by penalities.

24 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

We can't defend even tho we done a bit better on Saturday still 3.1 Hibs.

Really? Our defending was poor in what way on Saturday?

Baird was immense! McKenzie was commanding.

Irvine was everywhere that was demanded of him.

Even Naismith generally avoided defensive errors in an attempt to start some attacks.

You say we "cant defend".

Going on Saturdays performance, please explain... ... ... ...

This is probably a decent debut match for the new manager.

Away game against Championship promotion favourites, but a diddy cup tie, so no-one should be too distraught if we don't win. A wee break from tortuous league business is probably not a bad thing for all of us, not just the new man.

The gaffer gets a bit of breathing space and a chance to run the rule over some of his charges, and hopefully no-one on here will be calling for his head for at least another week.

I won't be there, and don't really care a great deal about the outcome, if I'm being brutally honest. We have more important things to worry about just now.

Edited by Drew

Really? Our defending was poor in what way on Saturday?

Baird was immense! McKenzie was commanding.

Even Naismith generally avoided defensive errors in an attempt to start some attacks.

Going on Saturdays performance, please explain... ... ... ...

What drugs you on. I said we done a bit better on Saturday. But our defending has been hopeless all season. Read my post again. Not what you think you've read.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

What drugs you on. I said we done a bit better on Saturday. But our defending has been hopeless all season. Read my post again. Not what you think you've read.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

We can't defend even tho we done a bit better on Saturday still 3.1 Hibs.

You said we "can't defend".

Forget "thinking"... you obviously do... I only quoted what you wrote!

Again I ask... ... based on what you actually said and not what you thought you migh thave said... ...

"Baird was immense! McKenzie was commanding.

Going on Saturdays performance, please explain... ... ... ..."

Aye, despite the Dunfermline result, McManus has done a good job in the past two games. Told the players to play with more freedom, and encouraged on the deck football. When players are shot of any confidence, all you can do is tell them to relax and play without fear.

Hopefully he can set things nicely up for Jack by getting a win.

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McManus foe me has done a fantastic job stepping in unlucky against Dunfermline then getting a draw with high flying Falkirk.

How on god's earth is losing the lead twice, and shipping four goals against a pish team 'Unlucky'?

similiarly how is it 'Unlucky' to fail to register a shot on target for 87 minutes? Dont get me wrong, I like Allan McManus, but he is working with the same materials and tools Rae did, and has gotten similar results. Ross has got to work with the same stuff too, and by god he will really need some luck to get a win, or dare we dream 'WINS' plural.

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How on god's earth is losing the lead twice, and shipping four goals against a pish team 'Unlucky'?

similiarly how is it 'Unlucky' to fail to register a shot on target for 87 minutes? Dont get me wrong, I like Allan McManus, but he is working with the same materials and tools Rae did, and has gotten similar results. Ross has got to work with the same stuff too, and by god he will really need some luck to get a win, or dare we dream 'WINS' plural.

If you're happy and you know it, clap yir hands. 

:clapping

My glass is half full mate of course we are in a mess and it won't change overnight even with Ross. Given the changes McManus did I would say he should have a wee pat on the back. I see 3 goals scored away from home and a point against a team who's manager got the award of the month.