Welcome Jack Ross

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

I couldn't have cared less why he was sacked at Hearts before today.

As he is now St Mirren manager I would like to know why he left a previous role in football. You think that's unreasonable? Why?

Something to do with a female physio is what I've heard...

I couldn't have cared less why he was sacked at Hearts before today.

As he is now St Mirren manager I would like to know why he left a previous role in football. You think that's unreasonable? Why?

He left his managerial post to take up the Saints managerial post. If it's not that why write you don't care less why he was sacked at Hearts. Confused. com

1 hour ago, Miss Saint said:

Welcome back Jack...the last few years have been guff so not much to live up to BUT a hell of a job to take on....Gus and Danny neither should have gone...since then...meh...c'mon JR get us progressing!

Thought Jack Ross would bring you back to the Forum :)

13 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This has got to be the most bitter post I have ever read from you Top Cat. Ok get Ross was not top of your list but to go on a Stuart Dickson style witch hunt with Ross is well below your normal standard. Give it a rest mate get behind the manager and team and lets see what unfolds over the next few months ( not weeks )

Ian, It is entirely consistent with his posting for years now. 

This appointment is less about coaching experience and more about how the club will be managed.  I trust that the board have looked at what needs to be done across the club, which is, unfortunately, the area of expertise that has done for the most, if not all, of the managers who have had a longer tenure in the last 16-17 years. 

The lukewarm response from the getting-their-excuses-in-early brigade are typical of the people who practically live on this forum.

We all know from his previous stint at the club that JR has the ability to get people's attention, even if this was wielded a little unwisely.  We should not forget that he was not a lone voice and that the players actually had a pretty strong point to make back then. I trust that he has learned and grown over the years and that he will at least stabilise the club in the short term.

Best of luck Jack, hope it really works out well :)

Risky appointment, but who wouldn't be?

No matter the outcome of this season, even if it ends in relegation I'd give him the entire next season to see what happens.

He's working with a squad he didn't build and also has to deal with the tactics, training methods and mentality installed by Rae, this will take time to change.

Really hope it works out well.

2 hours ago, Miss Saint said:

Welcome back Jack...the last few years have been guff so not much to live up to BUT a hell of a job to take on....Gus and Danny neither should have gone...since then...meh...c'mon JR lets get together.

Behave. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, davidg said:

Best of luck Jack, hope it really works out well :)

Risky appointment, but who wouldn't be?

No matter the outcome of this season, even if it ends in relegation I'd give him the entire next season to see what happens.

He's working with a squad he didn't build and also has to deal with the tactics, training methods and mentality installed by Rae, this will take time to change.

Really hope it works out well.

Agree with that but given the quality of squad he has inherited personally I'd expect us to finish no worse than mid table this season.

We've no divine right to win football matches but I'd still expect us to finish above Ayr, Morton, Dunfermline and Dumbarton this season and hopefully get within touching distance of the play-offs. Man for man we have a better squad than those teams (IMO). We are still short of a leader and I am sure that is something the manager will look to address quickly but if can get the players confidence levels back, which I am sure he will, there is no reason why we can't go on to have a relatively good season.

22 hours ago, gazmc83 said:

Robert Grieve @robert_grieve 33s33 seconds ago

Jack Ross is the new St Mirren manager. Deal agreed. Announcement due this evening @scotsunsport

welcome aboard jack!

Agreed , I hope it goes good for you Jack fantastic interview on Website I'm certain you will get a fantastic response . Just don't get caught up on Agendas of others IE Tony Fitzpartick but I think your too smart for that . By the way fantastic interview recently by Andy Webster who came accross as an absouloute credit to St Mirren . He was assisting with coaching duties and despite all the really bad criticism levelled at him ( completely unjustified) he had a big input into last weeks great fightback v Falkirk . Oh yes and guess who came on and scored ? Another player who has been wrongly criticised and improved every game yet his attitude has remained top class . Good luck Jack and let's hope everyone gets behind you for the next few years 

29 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Agreed , I hope it goes good for you Jack fantastic interview on Website I'm certain you will get a fantastic response . Just don't get caught up on Agendas of others IE Tony Fitzpartick but I think your too smart for that . By the way fantastic interview recently by Andy Webster who came accross as an absouloute credit to St Mirren . He was assisting with coaching duties and despite all the really bad criticism levelled at him ( completely unjustified) he had a big input into last weeks great fightback v Falkirk . Oh yes and guess who came on and scored ? Another player who has been wrongly criticised and improved every game yet his attitude has remained top class . Good luck Jack and let's hope everyone gets behind you for the next few years 

You really need to move on, Alex. I fear for your emotional wellbeing if you don't let it go.

53 minutes ago, Drew said:

You really need to move on, Alex. I fear for your emotional wellbeing if you don't let it go.

Another Board member perhaps ? Stay off this fans Forum please . I don't think Jack Ross will trust Tony Fitzpartick the way the last management team seemed to trust him . A lot going on behind the scenes so let's see what the next few months bring . 

11 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Another Board member perhaps ? Stay off this fans Forum please . I don't think Jack Ross will trust Tony Fitzpartick the way the last management team seemed to trust him . A lot going on behind the scenes so let's see what the next few months bring . 

FFS, there must be an awful lot of board members on here as this seems your "go to" response when anyone has a pop at you, undeserved or not.

Get over yourself or get some new patter.

Before you ask, NAW!

He left his managerial post to take up the Saints managerial post. If it's not that why write you don't care less why he was sacked at Hearts. Confused. com

I think what he means is that up until yesterday he didn't care why he left Hearts as it was none of his business.

He now wants to know as it could give an indication of the measure of Saints new manager.