Welcome Jack Ross

23 minutes ago, linwood bud said:

Agree we don't need this, but would it not be better to have Ross in charge of the team for 10 days instead of 4/5 before our next league game??

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Big gamble with Ross on paper. Hopefully not in reality.

Maybe Ross being at Alloa on Sat will give the phycological boost of the new boss being in the dugout for the first time for the more important game against United. Really should be in our dugout come Saturday and on the training ground tomorrow. We are bottom of the league and Ross needs to get to work NOW!

Working his notice.

JR probably wasn't my first choice for the vacancy but based on my basic criteria for Alex Rae's successor (i.e. anyone but Gus) I will settle for this appointment.

A big positive for me is that JR chose to bring Jim Goodwin to Alloa, obviously recognising the importance of experience, leadership and toughness in that area of the park. Let's hope he has someone within our squad in mind to slot into a similar role.

I wonder if Potter was 1 of the 50 who applied for the job. Anyway, if we can prise him away from Dunfermline then I think he'd be a great pick as an assistant. 

He was never going to get a cap for Scotland but he made the best out of the ability he had; a good trait to instil in players. On top of that, he was an absolute winner and leader on the pitch. Off the pitch, others will maybe remember better than me, but I seem to recall he was really popular in the dressing room; a bit of a joker who kept morale up.

Pleased we've got someone in and pleased it is someone who the majority of fans seem to be pretty happy with.

Any appointment is a risk and whilst I think most of us from the outset were looking for an experienced gaffer I think most would agree that a young, modern up and coming manager is exciting.

Only thing all of us can do is get right behind Jack and the team and hopefully they can kick-start the long overdue resurgence of our beloved club.

not really confident about jack my opinion he was average player . if he does as well as the other managers we have got from alloa then happy days. but the board have appointed him now lets get behind him and hope he starts to climb table because if we are not in top six by Christmas questions will be asked,

2 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

Lots of players from other teams commending Ross he seems to have lots of admirers within the game ...

What do they know?

I'm sure the "experts" on here who couldn't kick their own arse, never mind become a professional football player, know better.

Interview with Jack here from a couple of months ago: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14694612.The_big_interview__Jack_Ross_on_rejection__economics_and_Alloa_being_the_story_of_the_season_so_far/

His LinkedIn profile makes for interesting reading as well: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jack-ross-67653855

Degree in Economics, children's book author, PFA spokesman, player, manager..........

4 hours ago, scottd said:

Every appointment is a gamble.  Like you I have a good feeling about this one, hopefully all the support can unite behind the new boss.  No doubt there will be some who can't handle it and we won't have to wait long to hear them.

Will he be sacked after the next Dumbarton game.