The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

They will do us proud eventually. 

Just need to stay supportive and very patient until the present Squad are removed and replaced with players who have a heart each and determination to succeed. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

They will do us proud eventually. 

Just need to stay supportive and very patient until the present Squad are removed and replaced with players who have a heart each and determination to succeed. 

Love this from a guy who nearly had a seizure because we got knocked out of a cup yet is quite happy as we slip into football oblivion. :lol:

Not happy at all presently and will be very sad if knocked out of Scottish Cup then relegated. 

However, the present Manager must be given a chance to turn things round. 

I believe he might. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

And oblivion ain't League 1.

Death would be oblivion and we are not dying. 

I did say football oblivion. To most that's what it'll be, cuts made, people lose jobs so if your comfortable with that, keep it up. I've already stated we're stuck with Ross for the foreseeable future and, who knows, he could get us out of this mess but that's getting more unlikely by the week.

Season ticket sales if we go down could be interesting. Most of us renewed after our last relegation as we acknowledged Saints are a team that fluctuates between the top division and the one below.
But 2 leagues down? That's not something Saints fans are accustomed to.
I'm unsure. Sales could remain similar. They could be a disaster.

55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I did say football oblivion. To most that's what it'll be, cuts made, people lose jobs so if your comfortable with that, keep it up. I've already stated we're stuck with Ross for the foreseeable future and, who knows, he could get us out of this mess but that's getting more unlikely by the week.

I am comfortable with anything that keeps my Club alive. Not over the moon but comfortable. 

Part Time football and job losses not  a problem. 

St Mirren must survive. 

The removal of full time Salaries to many at the Club now is well deserved. 

28 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Season ticket sales if we go down could be interesting. Most of us renewed after our last relegation as we acknowledged Saints are a team that fluctuates between the top division and the one below.
But 2 leagues down? That's not something Saints fans are accustomed to.
I'm unsure. Sales could remain similar. They could be a disaster.

To me it's utterly irrelevant which league we're playing in . I don't buy my ST cause we're in the top 2 divisions most seasons . 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

To me it's utterly irrelevant which league we're playing in . I don't buy my ST cause we're in the top 2 divisions most seasons . 

Neither do I but I have to admit I was a whisker away from not renewing this time. Given that we look like spiralling out of control I will need to consider whether my ST money will be used wisely. ATM I can't see a chink of light to assume that would be the case. A right royal f**kup is what this new fan ownership looks like.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Aye there is that aspect.

Many prefer to see a higher standard of football and this could see us losing more ST sales and even more on a "pay as you go" basis.

Oh, forget any hope of the excitement of the league cup final, you'll possibly be deid before that happens again.

On the flip side the local cinemas could see a rise in sales. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye there is that aspect.

Many prefer to see a higher standard of football and this could see us losing more ST sales and even more on a "pay as you go" basis.

Oh, forget any hope of the excitement of the league cup final, you'll possibly be deid before that happens again.

On the flip side the local cinemas could see a rise in sales. :lol:

You'll always have fairweather fans , which is fair enough and then you'll have the diehards . 

Cinemas are for evening time , not Saturday afternoon. 

My two sons have already said they won't be renewing their season tickets but that was more down to how the club dealt with them before, during and after the St Mirren v Hibs match back in August. Lynn Watson is the primary cause of their lost custom although others like Tony Fitzpatrick - who failed to acknowledge the complaint when escalated - deserve criticism too. That doesn't mean they won't go to matches obviously but I can imagine my eldest son picking and choosing their matches rather than attending every home game. 

To be honest I would have thought that from the position the club are in right now they'd be unlikely to lose fans through the performance of the side on the pitch. If that was a factor then surely many more fans would have disappeared by now regardless of whether they own a season ticket or not. What will be a factor though is the dreadful customer service, poor matchday experience - whether that's problems with car parking, or problems with catering outlets because of away fans splitting the West Stand and the price of admission if it doesn't fall significantly to reflect the quality of the league St Mirren would be in. 

40 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My two sons have already said they won't be renewing their season tickets but that was more down to how the club dealt with them before, during and after the St Mirren v Hibs match back in August. Lynn Watson is the primary cause of their lost custom although others like Tony Fitzpatrick - who failed to acknowledge the complaint when escalated - deserve criticism too. That doesn't mean they won't go to matches obviously but I can imagine my eldest son picking and choosing their matches rather than attending every home game. 

To be honest I would have thought that from the position the club are in right now they'd be unlikely to lose fans through the performance of the side on the pitch. If that was a factor then surely many more fans would have disappeared by now regardless of whether they own a season ticket or not. What will be a factor though is the dreadful customer service, poor matchday experience - whether that's problems with car parking, or problems with catering outlets because of away fans splitting the West Stand and the price of admission if it doesn't fall significantly to reflect the quality of the league St Mirren would be in. 

It's not like you to have a wee complaint or two . 

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

He should of course cut a broken figure, in tears, barely able to muster a trot...

emoji57.png

He is barely able to muster a trot.

And it's us fans who are just about broken and near to tears  

20 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Never gets on, difficult to see what you're moaning about...

Very clear what I am saying. 

He has had his chance and proved he shouldn't be a paid football player with his attitude and lack of ability. 

No wonder he is laughing. 

But not for long, once Jack blitzes this appalling squad of players. 

Very clear what I am saying. 
He has had his chance and proved he shouldn't be a paid football player with his attitude and lack of ability. 
No wonder he is laughing. 
But not for long, once Jack blitzes this appalling squad of players. 

Attitude never been a problem in my opinion. Not the best player but had little chance to impress this season.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Thank f**k for that. Two down , one to go .