The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

21 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

'Off the Ball' discussing the possibility of Jack Ross getting the Rangers job.

Fortunately they reckon its just too soon for him

But then again... 

I think anyone taking the job while King is chairman would need their head read. If Jack was given the job maybe 70-80% of their fans would be moaning straight away that he had only managed at Alloa and St Mirren and hadn't won a trophy with either of them. Rangers are gubbed financially and only getting by on high interest loans, its only a few weeks since King's own lawyer described him as "penniless" and unable to afford to buy the shares he has been ordered by a court to buy, and as well as paying off Pedro and his coaching team as well as Warbutton and Weir, they also need to try and offload some of Warbutton's duds as well as Pedro's duds and buy again to even overtake Aberdeen. There are Rangers fans not happy about McInnes being mentioned as he and Tommy Wright are not box office enough for them!

When was the last time Rangers took a punt on a Scottish lower league young up and coming manager with no previous connection to them?

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think anyone taking the job while King is chairman would need their head read. If Jack was given the job maybe 70-80% of their fans would be moaning straight away that he had only managed at Alloa and St Mirren and hadn't won a trophy with either of them. Rangers are gubbed financially and only getting by on high interest loans, its only a few weeks since King's own lawyer described him as "penniless" and unable to afford to buy the shares he has been ordered by a court to buy, and as well as paying off Pedro and his coaching team as well as Warbutton and Weir, they also need to try and offload some of Warbutton's duds as well as Pedro's duds and buy again to even overtake Aberdeen. There are Rangers fans not happy about McInnes being mentioned as he and Tommy Wright are not box office enough for them!

When was the last time Rangers took a punt on a Scottish lower league young up and coming manager with no previous connection to them?

Aye , any employee taking a position at said establishment should exercise due diligence in the first instance. .

Christ , I suppose pundits have to talk about something . There is probably more chance of shull getting the getting than Jack. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime
edited by Tom because he can. .

25 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Yep agreed. I'm suspicious about all the financial chat that comes out of Ibrox. We are told Pena was £2M. From what I've seen i can't believe that. It's got to have been some pile of hokum to try and delude the fans into thinking they were back in the big time and making big money signings again.

There's a real possibility of them being middle of the road for a generation.

Don't see them going for Jack but was just reporting the 'expert' chat :-)

9 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Aye , any employee taking a position at said establishment should exercise due diligence in the first instance. .

Christ , I suppose pundits have to talk about something . There is probably more chance of shull getting the getting than Jack. .

You must have missed the press conference - shull has ruled himself out ... :-)

13 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Yep agreed. I'm suspicious about all the financial chat that comes out of Ibrox. We are told Pena was £2M. From what I've seen i can't believe that. It's got to have been some pile of hokum to try and delude the fans into thinking they were back in the big time and making big money signings again.

There's a real possibility of them being middle of the road for a generation.

Don't see them going for Jack but was just reporting the 'expert' chat :-)

Correct

Alves 37 grand and Pena 33 grand a week do me a favour

It will be Sir Walter and Archie Knox back to relive the glory years to keep the deluded hordes happy

56 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'd be more worried that Rangers go for McInnes and Aberdeen want JR to replace him. 

That's my main concern - or that Rangers go for McInnes, Aberdeen go for someone like Tommy Wright and Ross ends up there.

There's not a chance Ross will get the Rangers job, it's the knock-on effect of who they appoint I'm worried about. Hopefully they'll go for another foreign diddy or someone like McLeish and we can breath easy.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1276-statement-from-jack-ros

I would like to take the opportunity to address a couple of issues in the wake of Saturday's derby draw against Morton. 

First of all, my comments regarding the referee Steven McLean's performance. Having watched the game again I feel that my criticism of Steven's overall performance was not proportionate. While I remain in disagreement with a couple of important decisions, in particular the caution given to Gavin Reilly for simulation, I believe it is important I acknowledge when I may have made a couple of incorrect observations. 

I speak regularly about self reflection and analysis and therefore it would be hypocritical of me not to do so in these instances. 

Secondly, I wish to both acknowledge and thank the outstanding support provided within the stadium on Saturday. I feel that as a club we have taken continued forward steps in the past twelve months and undoubtedly the fanbase has played a pivotal role in galvanising the club. 

I am immensely proud of my players and staff in terms of how hard they work and how driven they are to bring success to the club, and I am pleased that the support also appears appreciative of their efforts. We have very much shifted expectations in recent times and while I welcome the challenge of not only meeting, but exceeding them, there will still be plenty of bumps and obstacles along the way. 

This is when the support will be most vital and I hope that the fans continue to trust in the players and staff as much as I do. 

Thank you again, not just for Saturday, but for the continued and consistent fantastic backing.

40 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Aberdeen will be all over JR when McInnes goes to rangers this week.

Aye, I'm officially worried about this now.

New deal or not, compensation won't be an issue for the Dons as they will have their own from losing McInnes.

If Aberdeen come in for our management team, I reckon we can say ta ta, sadly. Too big a draw for a young manager to knock back.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Aberdeen will be all over JR when McInnes goes to rangers this week.

Absolutely, said this last week before Pedro got his jotters. If Sevco stump up the compo for McInnes, which now seems likely, Ross imo is the most likely Scottish manager currently in a job that Aberdeen would short-list. 

Going to be an interesting week, if Sevco act quickly i would expect Aberdeen to do likewise as they will want to consolidate their position asap if they feel McInnes breathing down their neck from Govan.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Aye, I'm officially worried about this now.

New deal or not, compensation won't be an issue for the Dons as they will have their own from losing McInnes.

If Aberdeen come in for our management team, I reckon we can say ta ta, sadly. Too big a draw for a young manager to knock back.

I'm a big fan of our current management team but I would say Archibald has done a bigger and better job at Thistle to date. I don't think it's s cert that Jack will be front runner.

Happy to be stood corrected, but my own view is that McInnes is too smart to go to ibrox just now and that rangers will look elsewhere fairly soon.

He turned down the Sunderland move-aruably a better gig for an up and coming manager as there would be less public scrutiny and aggro (I rarely use the word "pressure" in a football context) with infinitely more to gain.

I

Time will tell if McInnes takes the hot seat at greyskull but he must be thinking about what it means for his managerial career if it all goes Pete Tong. He got his fingers burned at Bristol City and he's probably mindful of not jumping into a potentially disastrous big club situation that could leave his reputation in management damaged.

My gut feeling is he'll stay put at the dons but if he does go, then they'll go for a more experienced man than Jack.

Different situation to the Dundee one in the summer, in that the Aberdeen job would be a huge one for Jack, and he will find it almost impossible to turn down. Also, there is nothing we would be able to do to keep him if he decides to go.

However, there's still a bit to go before I get too worried. Firstly, McInnes may decide not to go to the circus of a club that is currently Rangers. So much for him to lose - go there and fail and his reputation is tarnished again, regardless of the odds against him (and by fail I mean fail to beat Celtic to major trophies which their deluded fans would expect). 

If McInnes were to take that job, Jack would be a huge risk for Aberdeen in terms of what he has tangibly achieved as a manager. He's done a fine job at Alloa and now here, but he's not taken either club to a major achievement such as promotion or a trophy, and hasn't completed a full season with one club as manager yet. He hasn't even managed in the top flight yet. I still feel it would be too big a gamble for Aberdeen to take and would be too early for Jack, a job of that magnitude.

My feeling is that Jack will still be here at the end of the season, and hopefully having achieved that tangible success, ready to gain the top flight managerial experience with us which will stand him in much better stead  for a big job, should one come along.

14 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Well i have heard McInnes is a done deal (Where's the money coming from)

Who told u it was done deal?? Just out of interest....

McInnes on 350k at Dons- Gers will offer him at least double that and he has to take it,

Why- Its an Ideal time to take Sevco, they are still in a complete mess, they have no clue how to recruit or really develop. they just keep borrowing, their Chairman is in SA, their MD in NY, 

They still rely on a 37/38 year old hitman and a 35 year old CB,  the fact they are 3rd is more down to luck than planning- but they only 6 points back off Tic and 5 off Dons..... despite this

McInnes could also bring Kenny McL and Shinnie with him, and also a back or two, he does need to worry about Pena, or playing him.... he will get money in Jan

He would sign a 3/4 year deal which means even when Sevco mess up, he can walk away with a cool £2m and simply blame the clowns that run Sevco...................... All Sevco do is borrow, and at some point, yet again , this will come back onto them, everyone knows this ............... whilst Tic amass tens of millions , Gers borrow millions with any income going on wages and Hispanic mercenaries.......

I look forward to Simply the Bust - the sequel   

Everybody and anybody, including me would take the Sevco job

Being a Manager is the easiest gig. 

Look at Pedro, walking away laughing with his pockets full of money. 

McInnes, being a pish Boss, will do the same at Ibrox. 

Sign a lucrative Contract, make an arse of it, then get the boot adding lots of pounds into his Bank. 

Then get another job. 

He would be silly to turn them down. 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:44 AM, shull said:

Everybody and anybody, including me would take the Sevco job

Being a Manager is the easiest gig. 

Look at Pedro, walking away laughing with his pockets full of money. 

McInnes, being a pish Boss, will do the same at Ibrox. 

Sign a lucrative Contract, make an arse of it, then get the boot adding lots of pounds into his Bank. 

Then get another job. 

He would be silly to turn them down. 

It's all a matter of opinion of course, but in my view McInnes is doing a great job.

If ( yeah I know if my Auntie had balls etc) Aberdeen had drawn against the Tatties they would be top of the league right now.

Given the vastness of the financial gulf that exists between the two teams I think it's a great achievement.

McInnes now a stick on to take over at Ibrox it seems, which will lead us to the next saga - who takes over at Aberdeen? Can't see it being Jack at this point, but it could continue a knock on effect which could be bad for us, although hopefully not, for the reasons already stated.