The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

5000 Buddies at Fir Park in 1993 and last Season. 
Nearly 7000 at New Broomfield in 2005. 
Open Top Bus in 2006, with thousands celebrating League and Cup Double. 
AND SMARTASS ROSS RESTED PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS INCLUDING OUR FECKING CAPTAIN. 
Shameful 
And we had to pay in order to witness his shambles. 
NO REFUND OR APOLOGY FROM CLUB AND ROSS. 

1,130 against Hearts Colts, 1,970 against Raith. I think it's fair to say now a lot of fans don't care about this tournament. Stop living in the past. A lot of fans have lost all affection for the tournament since the Colts came in and it shows. (Rightfully so imo)

Straight from Gordon Scott as well that last season we didn't break even after making it to the final so why should we play a full strength team? Dundee United changed their full 18 man squad for their last game in the tournament.

We all know you're stubborn but you just need to come to grips with there are some things you don't know better than our management, board and other fans.

52 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1,130 against Hearts Colts, 1,970 against Raith. I think it's fair to say now a lot of fans don't care about this tournament. Stop living in the past. A lot of fans have lost all affection for the tournament since the Colts came in and it shows. (Rightfully so imo)

Straight from Gordon Scott as well that last season we didn't break even after making it to the final so why should we play a full strength team? Dundee United changed their full 18 man squad for their last game in the tournament.

We all know you're stubborn but you just need to come to grips with there are some things you don't know better than our management, board and other fans.

An attendance of ZERO and I may see your point. 

I AM TRYING TO REMEMBER WAY BACK IN 1977 WHEN WE BEAT DUNDEE UNITED IN THE SCOTTISH CUP. 

DID I SAY TO MYSELF... 

" HOPE TO FECK WE BROKE EVEN "

JESUS CHRIST ALLFECKENMIGHTY

I AM TRYING TO REMEMBER WAY BACK IN 1977 WHEN WE BEAT DUNDEE UNITED IN THE SCOTTISH CUP. 
DID I SAY TO MYSELF... 

So a few points. I take what you say about competition absolutely. But let's be honest comparing the irn-bru cup to the Scottish cup? Wee bit of a difference.

Secondly, why was what he did so wrong? Why should he be putting out an absolute full strength team in games like this? It's a great opportunity to give fringe/ young players a chance to impress and earn themselves a shot for bigger games. How else do you think teams blood in new young players or keep squad players ticking over if they're needed?

Finally... Jesus you'd think he put out the under 10s in the game. He did nothing different to the majority of Championship teams in that tournament. But oh no you're right and everyone else is wrong.

23 minutes ago, shull said:

DID I SAY TO MYSELF... 

There were over 16000 at that tie and we played our best team...... whats ur point................

Get over the diddy cup, the League is where it is at 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

So a few points. I take what you say about competition absolutely. But let's be honest comparing the irn-bru cup to the Scottish cup? Wee bit of a difference.

Secondly, why was what he did so wrong? Why should he be putting out an absolute full strength team in games like this? It's a great opportunity to give fringe/ young players a chance to impress and earn themselves a shot for bigger games. How else do you think teams blood in new young players or keep squad players ticking over if they're needed?

Finally... Jesus you'd think he put out the under 10s in the game. He did nothing different to the majority of Championship teams in that tournament. But oh no you're right and everyone else is wrong.

FFS Baz- He is a Taxi Driver- of course he is right .........

Your not going to win this

The day Shull says " Aye ur right there, I never thought of that"   is the day polar bears are in the Med ( about 25 years)

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Fringe players can be blooded when we are 3 up and in control.

I love every competitive St Mirren Match and pray and hope we win them all.

Ross betrayed us.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

There were over 16000 at that tie and we played our best team...... whats ur point................

Get over the diddy cup, the League is where it is at 

The point is , you missed it.

The point that is.

45 minutes ago, shull said:

Fringe players can be blooded when we are 3 up and in control.

I love every competitive St Mirren Match and pray and hope we win them all.

Ross betrayed us.

Honestly you'd think Jack fielded an entire reserve or under 20's team for this game and then told them to deliberately play poorly just for added measure. The starting line up against Raith Rovers was:-

Ross Stewart 
Gregor Buchanan 
Jack Baird
Adam Eckersley
Stelios Demetriou
Gary Irvine 
Ian McShane
Ethan Erhahon
Dale Hilson
Ross Stewart
Gavin Reilly 

Every single one of them is a first team squad player for us this season. And Ethan got his first start for us which was good to see as i don't think he played bad at all.

Some folk above going to a lot of typing just to post pure shite :lol:

Our Club Captain and Super Cammy Smith were on the Bench.

Ross fecked it up and we ended up on our arse and out the fecking Cup.

A total disgrace.

Still no apology from Jack or a refund from our Club.

6 minutes ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Honestly you'd think Jack fielded an entire reserve or under 20's team for this game and then told them to deliberately play poorly just for added measure. The starting line up against Raith Rovers was:-

Ross Stewart 
Gregor Buchanan 
Jack Baird
Adam Eckersley
Stelios Demetriou
Gary Irvine 
Ian McShane
Ethan Erhahon
Dale Hilson
Ross Stewart
Gavin Reilly 

Every single one of them is a first team squad player for us this season. And Ethan got his first start for us which was good to see as i don't think he played bad at all.

1 - 3

18 minutes ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Ross Stewart 
Gregor Buchanan 
Jack Baird
Adam Eckersley
Stelios Demetriou
Gary Irvine 
Ian McShane
Ethan Erhahon
Dale Hilson
Ross Stewart
Gavin Reilly 

Indeed.

Essentially he committed the heinous crime of resting our captain... presumably with the players consent.

In doing so, as you say, it gave another player a chance to shine!

Only a self centered attention seeking tosspot would continually make an issue out of that!

PLEASE STOP QUOTING HIM!!!