The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I never believed JR would leave us before the end of the season but there is a true threat he will leave if McInnes takes the West Brom job.

Let’s be honest nobody could begrudge him the opportunity to manage at a bigger club.

At some stage JR is going to leave us, and obviously with the Barnsley situation he is looking to move up. He is also highly rated and his stock is high. So yes he is off.

Will he win as many trophies as Fergie though?

Funny isn't it........ Alex Ferguson and Alex Rae are both ex Managers of Saints...................   

Sat down to watch it. Feck, I stay on the East coast. Forgot we get "News from the East" Looks like we're getting Craig Levein interview instead of Jack Ross 

I added STV as additional channel to Sky - bloody put 4 STV options on was flicking between them all :D

Basically, played down talk of winning the league, still worried about United catching us but apart from mentioning the players he had a special mention for St Ricky ‘Delighted to see him start so many pointless threads to deflect attention away from the team’ allowing them to get on with League business under the radar :P

He did add, would of been good to have a couple more Brechin threads :D

Outstanding............ Thanks for the update.
Craig Levein wanted to talk about the Brechin Threads too on the Edinburgh Channel but they made him concentrate on Hearts

Ha, he basically said , still got work to do, looking forward to getting it wrapped up.

He was asked about the speculation over Dundee/Barnsley & potentially Aberdeen - basically said , Although he wants to achieve bigger things in the future, very happy at St Mirren, loves the club/fans etc has fond memories of playing for St Mirren & to win the league would be his biggest achievement, but hopefully not his biggest of his future career.

Personally I think he was a bit gutted over the lack of Brechin threads :D

14 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Personally I think he was a bit gutted over the lack of Brechin threads :D

Thanks again for the update . I probably shouldn't have quoted that last bit. I'm afraid it makes me look as if I'm

28 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

becoming infantile and so predictable.

19 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Thanks EAB. That was far superior to Craig Levein on the East Coast.

Was it the edited version. He never mentioned more Brechin Threads

St Mirren boss Jack Ross said guiding the Buddies to the Championship title would mark the high point of his career so far but insisted there is plenty more to come.

The Paisley outfit will secure promotion to the Scottish top flight at the weekend if they defeat Brechin and Livingston drop points against Morton.

Since taking over as manager in October 2016 - when St Mirren languished at the foot of the Championship table - Ross has set about turning around the club's fortunes.

The 41-year-old said while promotion would top the lot to this point in his time in football he isn't ever one to rest on his laurels.

He said: "Certainly, for me, if we manage to finish this job and achieve promotion I think in the fullness of time I'll look back on it and say that yes, this is the biggest thing I've done.

"But I'd hope it won't be the biggest thing I do in my whole career.

"The next challenge would be to figure out how I achieve something more.

"We'll settle for finishing this job first of all."

Saints have led the way in the second tier since before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

'Fraid not. I too was sceptical but, boy am I delighted that I know Feckall!

I did say “pretty much” just him to be fair.

There was always likely to be a couple of other doughballs kickin aboot as well. :P:hammer

A couple of dozen Opus Dei style back lashings and we’ll say no more about it. 

:thumbs2