Jack Ross will come good

14 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I think Andy Murdoch was going to sign for us until Rae was sacked.

Could you imagine the meltdown on here if Rae had managed to complete the signing of another former Rangers player after punting Gordon out on loan?

5 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Stu. Personally I don't give damn where we sign players from.All I know is that Andy is local who was paid off from Sevco at his own behest.At 21 Morton have a a damned good player on their hands with still a good future.He would have been a smashing signing for us in my opinion.

He was meant to be signed in the summer but it never came about

He has made a big difference to Unwashed season since he came in

Before they were shouting for Baldy Duffy's heid

• 3 weeks later...
Despite another terrible result yesterday i don't think it's panic stations yet. I think the players are still adjusting to what Jack Ross wants from them, i think pretty soon we'll turn the corner.

They are adjusting to what he wants them to do ?

Well you'll have to rule out , winning, performing , effort , passion , pride , belief as they can't be on the list.

So wonder what it is he 'does' want them to do ?

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

They are adjusting to what he wants them to do ?

Well you'll have to rule out , winning, performing , effort , passion , pride , belief as they can't be on the list.

So wonder what it is he 'does' want them to do ?

Belief comes with confidence. As Sonny pointed out we are creating chances but not taking them, i'd be even more worried if we weren't doing that. Understandably a lot of fans are questioning whether he has what it takes to turn things round but we have to stick with Jack Ross, i believe that the wins will come soon from what i've seen it just need one or 2 players to find their form, particularly on the offensive side. remember that Ross didn't have a pre season or a transfer window to try and correct things with but there are signs that the players are trying to do what he wants them to do but just lack that "belief" that you mentioned.

With something like 70 points still to play for then it's definitely achievable but we can't let the gap get any bigger. If we can reduce the gap and get to January within touching distance of 8th then we have the chance to bring in some players who could make a difference. We have a game in hand that we could reduce the gap to 4 points with. There is no team in the championship who are world beaters so if we can hit some form then you have to think we could pick up enough points along the way.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

For those who do believe we will come good under Ross, can I ask why?

What has he done in his managerial career to suggest he has what it takes to get us out this desperate situation?

Of course he has done nothing previously but every manager had to start a decent run sometime.

I've already stated his appointment was underwhelming but it's easy to criticise without knowing what other REAL options we had?

I'm not confident, never have been, but I'm not going to start hammering him at every opportunity, like some. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What has he done in his managerial career to suggest he has what it takes to get us out this desperate situation?

We need to support our manager TC. The bottom line is he is working his butt off and doing everything possible to turn around a very poor hand that he's been dealt. To keep shouting I told you so isn't helping anyone.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

He inherited a shambolic Alloa Athletic side, ironically one built by Danny Lennon. They were already doomed when he took over and despite a marked improvement they were relegated.

The next season, having built his own team with his own players to suit the system he wants to play, which is a high tempo, high energy pressing game, the Wasps won their opening 12 games of the season.

I have to say that gives me hope that the gaffer can trade well.

We're not playing THAT badly at the moment, but we're getting no luck at all and individual mistakes are costing us every week. See Langfield versus Dumbarton and then the glaring miss from Sutton against Dunfermline.

It really is fine lines in this division. I hope Jack can juggle the pack a bit in January and give us some fresh impetus. The challenge he now has is that unless we can improve results before the window opens, with the players we already have, it could well be too late.

On 11/20/2016 at 5:18 PM, dr rotund said:

Belief comes with confidence. As Sonny pointed out we are creating chances but not taking them, i'd be even more worried if we weren't doing that. Understandably a lot of fans are questioning whether he has what it takes to turn things round but we have to stick with Jack Ross, i believe that the wins will come soon from what i've seen it just need one or 2 players to find their form, particularly on the offensive side. remember that Ross didn't have a pre season or a transfer window to try and correct things with but there are signs that the players are trying to do what he wants them to do but just lack that "belief" that you mentioned.

I am in agreement. Belief is a fragile thing but the bottom half of the league is still quite tight. 

I do see the young guys JR has brought in playing without fear and I like that. 

We have, in my opinion, players who can go down the wings and turn defences.

Taking the chances created is what it is about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2016 at 8:27 PM, St.Ricky said:

I am in agreement. Belief is a fragile thing but the bottom half of the league is still quite tight. 

I do see the young guys JR has brought in playing without fear and I like that. 

We have, in my opinion, players who can go down the wings and turn defences.

Taking the chances created is what it is about.

Stick with the youngsters and i include Shankland in that. Play 2 up front and create lots of chances for the 2 strikers. The young midfielders must try and get beyond and get to the byline to fire in lots of dangerous balls that Shankland and Sutton can hopefully take advatage of.

24 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Stick with the youngsters and i include Shankland in that. Play 2 up front and create lots of chances for the 2 strikers. The young midfielders must try and get beyond and get to the byline to fire in lots of dangerous balls that Shankland and Sutton can hopefully take advatage of.

Absolutely agree 

On 11/21/2016 at 7:03 PM, div said:

He inherited a shambolic Alloa Athletic side, ironically one built by Danny Lennon. They were already doomed when he took over and despite a marked improvement they were relegated.

The next season, having built his own team with his own players to suit the system he wants to play, which is a high tempo, high energy pressing game, the Wasps won their opening 12 games of the season.

I have to say that gives me hope that the gaffer can trade well.

How did Jack Ross do in the January window last season, when he was sitting bottom of the league and with no money to spend? That's what he will be working with again this season, and should we go down at the end of the season he'll have huge budget cuts to contend with again.

Tommy Craig had a better win and draw rate!