Jack Ross will come good

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Most of the posts on the "must go" thread have been supportive against a few.

I don't agree the league Cup is "effectively pre season" as it's a major trophy which has provided the best day in our history in recent years.

Again, not many have forgotten our finish t last season but that was with a different team and after a 5-0 thumping some are concerned with the current strength of our squad.

The vast majority still have faith in the manager and have faith we can get close to the form of the last few months of last season.

Thank you, Bob Crampsey.

Where's Dan ? :byebye

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I don't agree the league Cup is "effectively pre season" as it's a major trophy which has provided the best day in our history in recent years.

IMO the "new" format of the Betfred cup has effectively made it a pre-season exercise at the group stage.

I don't think the new format is an improvement on it's previous straight knockout format..

You could of course point out that we should be better prepared, which maybe we aren't, along with quite a few other teams.

It's a pity we're no longer in it, but as much as I'd have liked us to do well in it, getting as high up the league as possible is the priority.

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

IMO the "new" format of the Betfred cup has effectively made it a pre-season exercise at the group stage.

I don't think the new format is an improvement on it's previous straight knockout format..

You could of course point out that we should be better prepared, which maybe we aren't, along with quite a few other teams.

It's a pity we're no longer in it, but as much as I'd have lied us to do well in it, getting as high up the league as possible is the priority.

It's the latter stages the league cup starts to feel like a cup competition to me if that makes sense , strange as the Scottish cup feels good from the word go maybe it being  Saturday games plays a part in that thinking.   You are correct many teams are not ready and not up too full speed fitness wise at the moment. Gates also are way down on average across the board. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Most of the posts on the "must go" thread have been supportive against a few.

Again, not many have forgotten our finish t last season but that was with a different team and after a 5-0 thumping some are concerned with the current strength of our squad.

The vast majority still have faith in the manager and have faith we can get close to the form of the last few months of last season.

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's a pity we're no longer in it, but as much as I'd have lied us to do well in it, getting as high up the league as possible is the priority.

This is the point. Few would disagree with you FS that the League Cup is important and that it shouldn't be viewed as a series of pre season friendlies. However, the problem is that the authorities in their infinite wisdom have turned it into exactly that.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I quite like the group stage format of the League Cup, just not our performance in it the past two years!

I don't mind it either . Can't help but feel it's a bit too early in the season though. In terms of match fitness,we've not looked up to speed . Also the new signings need time to bed in and get used to new ways , formations etc . 

I know it could be argued that this hasn't effected some other teams ,but for me it's too early. You've heard managers of teams involved in European football complaining about how early the qualifying rounds are , and not being up to speed, and I think it's the same for the League Cup .

I think the League Cup group stage is a stinking pile of shite. Neil Doncaster & Co can go on about 'excitement', but they're lying through their Sevco-Saving back teeth. I do not think players should be 'molly coddled', but I just don't want to see St Mirren players playing Saturday-Midweek-Saturday in July, when they are not match fit, and our manager is still trying to wheel and deal a squad together for the rigours of a highly competitive Championship with tough outfits like Dundee United, Falkirk and ICT lying in wait.

In short, fcuk this for a game of soldiers - set up friendlies, try formations, try new players, play trialists... get geared up for the league opener and get the players fit and ready to roll for that.

2 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I just hope we can hang onto Jack for as long as possible as Paisley Saint Mirren manager , he is a guy that will take our team to success. .

But a Manager who doesn't give a feck about the League Cup, just like Rae last Season. 

The paying Saints fans deserve a whole lot better than shite displays we got against Edinburgh City,  Livingston and Partick Thistle. 

The League Cup is important and we must try and win it 

Less than 100% effort is not acceptable. 

Especially when.we are expected to pay for admission. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

But a Manager who doesn't give a feck about the League Cup, just like Rae last Season. 

The paying Saints fans deserve a whole lot better than shite displays we got against Edinburgh City,  Livingston and Partick Thistle. 

The League Cup is important and we must try and win it 

Less than 100% effort is not acceptable. 

Especially when.we are expected to pay for admission. 

Doesn't give a feck about the League Cup? He's played what he felt was his strongest lineup in every game so far. He can't play the game for the players, although he will pay the price if he doesn't get them playing for him eventually.

I think Jack's response to our defeats was one of a man who is bitterly disappointed with the displays, and the results.

Stop this written diarrhea...

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think the League Cup group stage is a stinking pile of shite. Neil Doncaster & Co can go on about 'excitement', but they're lying through their Sevco-Saving back teeth. I do not think players should be 'molly coddled', but I just don't want to see St Mirren players playing Saturday-Midweek-Saturday in July, when they are not match fit, and our manager is still trying to wheel and deal a squad together for the rigours of a highly competitive Championship with tough outfits like Dundee United, Falkirk and ICT lying in wait.

In short, fcuk this for a game of soldiers - set up friendlies, try formations, try new players, play trialists... get geared up for the league opener and get the players fit and ready to roll for that.

I like the group format idea. I'd like it a lot better if it was started a couple of weeks later.

Just now, shull said:

It's absolutely astounding and mindblowing that some supporters would give up the League Cup triumph of 2013 for a few extra points in that same Season. 

:lol: :lol:  :lol:

More astounding that a supposed adult can't read and comprehend simple English without feeling the need to make things up completely, no?

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Doesn't give a feck about the League Cup? He's played what he felt was his strongest lineup in every game so far. He can't play the game for the players, although he will pay the price if he doesn't get them playing for him eventually.

I think Jack's response to our defeats was one of a man who is bitterly disappointed with the displays, and the results.

Stop this written diarrhea...

My post was fine. 

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

More astounding that a supposed adult can't read and comprehend simple English without feeling the need to make things up completely, no?

That is two of us astounded. 

Mindblowing also for me. 

Just now, Soctty said:

It was fine if you were writing a piece of fiction, with the aim of peddling a rambling, incoherent agenda. I'm assuming that was what you were aiming for?

Are you Drew's avatar ?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, shull said:

It's absolutely astounding and mindblowing that some supporters would give up the League Cup triumph of 2013 for a few extra points in that same Season. 

:lol: :lol:  :lol:

8 minutes ago, shull said:

My post was fine. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

That is two of us astounded. 

Mindblowing also for me. 

You talk in riddles man.

For a fella who decries the demon drink at every opportunity, you appear to spend an awful lot of time pished out your nut. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You talk in riddles man.

For a fella who decries the demon drink at every opportunity, you appear to spend an awful lot of time pished out your nut. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with alcohol. As I stated in a previous post. 

Great for helping people relax and enjoy themselves and who then respect others. 

Alcohol in the wrong mouths can be a major problem. And those who cause major problems while under the influence should stop drinking. 

The vast majority of those drinking alcohol are happy, fun and peaceful. 

Alcohol - Good 

Some people should remain teetotal though.