St Mirren v Ayr United Challenge Cup Quarter Final 13/11/16

shull

Would have been a travesty had we lost that today , good performances from Magennis, McAllister, Mallan and I'm starting to warm to big McKenzie - wins majority of high balls and hopefully he can't stay fit and get a decent run in the team. Reckon him and Gordon could be key for us getting out of the mess we are in 

31 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Yes a great interview, much better than our manager. According to TC. :lol:

The wee Kn*b must have been watching another game. His team looked in control for about two minutes after they went in front. Foe the other 90 odd there was only one team in charge and they didn't travel down the '77. He was right though when he said it must have been a rubbish match to watch. Not helped by the niggling fouls and blatant time wasting from his charges.

Reading this thread and a few more, I'm sure me and the boy will get a ticket no probs for the final if we do reach it... As a player who never quite made the grade due to one reason or another, I managed to play and win a few Mickey Mouse finals in my time and enjoyed the occasion, I'm sure if we make the final the saints players will enjoy the day out...Mickey Mouse cup or not...

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

Semi final is on the 18/19th feb so our home league game against Dundee U is going to be moved. More money lost by playing those games on the weekend :thumbsdown

If we get Utd at home we could play both games at once.

Something that shouldn't be allowed to go unmentioned is when we messed up the free-kick after Morgan was assaulted in the last minute. Harkins picked up the ball and was charging forward like a man possessed before falling on his arse and the ref immediately blew for full time :lol:

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Something that shouldn't be allowed to go unmentioned is when we messed up the free-kick after Morgan was assaulted in the last minute. Harkins picked up the ball and was charging forward like a man possessed before falling on his arse and the ref immediately blew for full time :lol:

What about the time he fell on his arse in front of the West Bank and the ref game him a free kick? 

37 minutes ago, Kendo said:

What about the time he fell on his arse in front of the West Bank and the ref game him a free kick? 

A free kick on the arse ?  Like that Father Ted episode about when Bishop Brennan was the ref in a shite football match n' that ?

43 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wrote that when we were losing where I am. The first 20 min were dreadful after that we played better. In the end we deserved the win. Hopefully the will be a confidence booster. 

KTF :lol:

20 hours ago, guinness said:

Last 20 minutes I thought we were quite good especially down our right wing. Deserved win. Hopefully can carry this into league form. Tell goalie he is playing for next  4 games whatever happens. He did OK today apart from when he wiped out Baird. Try to start how we finished. First half was awful.

Better to see a Goalie annoyed at losing a goal instead of one who is embarrassed.

Edited by Radar

51 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Why is that idiot mccall claiming in the press that the ball McGennis crossed for Sutton for 2nd goal had crossed the bye line. When TV footage clearly shows it didn't. I know he's a bit of a wanker but it's now effecting his eye sight.

He was moaning about the ball being out in the build-up to the first goal. Funnily enough he only started losing it at the officials for that one after the Ayr guy had lost possession, even though it was no further out than before he'd got the loose ball.

His complaint about the second one is they should have a corner instead of us having a goal kick, an incorrect decision that apparently had the side effect of rendering his team unable to defend for 30 seconds or so.

My thought are that the whole team played well,it was very pleasing to see Naismith Mcgennis and McAllister rampaging down the wing.

First half we were nervous but they stuck to the plan.Gary McKenzie and Jack Baird were excellent,Gallagher did nothing wrong.

Its obvious the Managers plans are taking shape nicely,give us more of the same this week

A special mention to the old warhorse John Sutton through all the trials and tribulations the big fella has been great working hard all over the pitch. ana example thats rubbing off on the youngsters

3 hours ago, Stu said:

He was moaning about the ball being out in the build-up to the first goal. Funnily enough he only started losing it at the officials for that one after the Ayr guy had lost possession, even though it was no further out than before he'd got the loose ball.

His complaint about the second one is they should have a corner instead of us having a goal kick, an incorrect decision that apparently had the side effect of rendering his team unable to defend for 30 seconds or so.

Their goal came from a definite  free kick for us that wasn't given. He didn't mention that though.

IF you want to relive it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlpu1Ynaoe4

Edited by stlucifer

• 3 weeks later...
my good good (good) personal friend, the CEO of Premier Sports, has asked me to remind you all that the game is on tomorrow.

No connection fee this month and no contract and just cancel 10 days before the next billing date....so, effectively £5 to watch t he game right here http://www.premiersports.com/

enter promo code NI2016 ...one month of Premier Sports for a fiver with our game to start it off.

Of course, I would rather our fans rolled up at the gate and payed the money and supported the team....but many, like me, are out of range, so....like me, watch on Premier Sports.

*Farmer John has not been paid for his words!

Regret taking this offer.

Received 1st correspondence today from them , now stating minimum period is 2 months ( not the end of the world ) that's fine.

Tried to cancel ? Nope , not having it at all , already got direct debit details 'please can we have your debit card details as well?' Really - naw , wouldn't cancel me without them , don't want them to swipe my card also = stuck with the channel :(