The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

Are these videos being played on a loop ?

Talking about transfer window is all well and good ( trying to deflect from the current mess he is contributing to ) but how far adrift will we be come January ? That's anyone's guess I suppose, but if we lose to Spartans & TNS on top of this dreadful run , I can't imagine too many will want to sign up for us.

I'd blood more U20's , they have something to give , something to prove & I honestly think they won't do any worse than the current first team.

Ross has his work cut out either way & the players owe him & us better than they are giving.

Worrying times.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Are these videos being played on a loop ?

Talking about transfer window is all well and good ( trying to deflect from the current mess he is contributing to ) but how far adrift will we be come January ? That's anyone's guess I suppose, but if we lose to Spartans & TNS on top of this dreadful run , I can't imagine too many will want to sign up for us.

I'd blood more U20's , they have something to give , something to prove & I honestly think they won't do any worse than the current first team.

Ross has his work cut out either way & the players owe him & us better than they are giving.

Worrying times.

We'll beat Spartans, although maybe not by much. 

Experience over the last few seasons is teaching me to be very cynical whenever anyone posts the words that person x "won't do any worse than" whoever person x is being brought in to replace. It's not even 2 years since "almost anyone could do better" than Danny Lennon and we have now gone through 7  managers or assistants since DL's time, who have all managed to do significantly worse than Danny. Likewise with the first team squad over the last few seasons, we seem to find that when we replace under-achievers we find replacements who are worse than those they were brought in to replace. While we have brought through some good younger players it is probably 5 years since we last signed some really good senior pros (Goodwin, Thompson and Teale) who could lead the younger players through games and we have failed to replace those players as they neared the end of their careers.

I'm not saying the U20 guys haven't done well when they have been brought in. I do think it is a bit much to hope they can get us out of our current predicament, especially having followed how the U20 / colt teams did against this level of opposition (and lower) in the Irn Bru diddy cup this season.

I share your concerns that the situation may well be irretrievable by the time the January window opens - we should have played 19 league games by the time the window opens and unless there is a big upturn in results in December we will have a decent gap to close on 8th and 9th places. Knowing St Mirren we will also be trying to mutually consent  half our starting XI in January to sign a Djembe Djembe, Arquin or Alan Gow type signing at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool jumper

No mention of Baird

He said 'Keep believing in me and keep believing in the players'

Well I believe we still haven't won't a game and his record is much worse than the previous managers.

I believe we haven't won a league game this season , despite heading towards completing the second round of fixtures.

I think it'll be easier to believe in Santa Claus :)

Merry Xmas everybody

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

It was another good interview, it was noticeable that he wasn't asked about what happened at the sending off and he took a dignified silence about it. 

That speaks volumes. 

I think Jack believes what he is saying and not just offering cliches. I hope his belief is finally starting to rub off on the players, a great win against Spartans and until the sending off we were doing well against Falkirk. That level of performance has to be maintained every game now.

It was another good interview, it was noticeable that he wasn't asked about what happened at the sending off and he took a dignified silence about it. 

Surely he should have said something about the sending off. It was the game changing moment and with him saying nothing makes me think Baird has no defence for what he did.