The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

12 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Another fantastic interview.

Agreed.

I'd struggle to find fault. I think this guy has all the credentials to take us to a better place.

He - and his staff and squad - deserve our support.  I'm delighted for him to have got that win last night.  Hopefully the first of many!

Edited by Drew

This time we have to be in the for the long haul. Plenty of downs ahead but last night, first half v bears, that JR has a plan. Also he went for it last night.

The save our young keeper made at 2-2  was amazing, the subs were spot on...... This was far more than 3 pts- it was a statement

53 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Okay That's Christmas sorted now. I don't want a St Mirren top, I want a Jack Ross Cardy. I think the cardigan era is definitely coming back.

He was also wearing a rather nice coat last night which he seems to have taken off before the interview.

He strikes me as man of substance. He is clearly analytical in his approach, but there is a thread of pragmatism running through that, and he has genuine passion.

There is often talk of 'new manager bounce'. I was thinking about this last week (before the two victories). We obviously didn't see that after JR was appointed, but that wasn't a major concern, as you could see the level of performance improving (as worrying as it was not getting any points). The players were growing in confidence, and it was evident that Jack was working hard to introduce his methods.

While the fabled bounce might have been welcomed, I would rather we have an incremental, sustained improvement. A bounce generally involves hitting the earth again pretty quickly. There's nothing to say that won't happen anyway, but it is encouraging to get a sense of the corner finally being turned.

I also liked the comment about Morgan playing better on the Main Stand side due to being close to the manager.  While it might be a bit tongue in cheek, it suggests a good bond is developing. This is absolutely crucial, especially with the younger players.

On the younger players, this has been the most positive aspect of JR's tenure so far. He isn't afraid to start these lads, and they seem fearless and full of confidence. That's just terrific to see.