The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You could argue that this is the type of individual that got us into this mess in the first place.

Can't think of the last experienced arse kicker we had as a manager.  Apart from that mental animal Tommy Craig of course;  although Tommy "Arse Kicker" Craig doesn't sound quite right. 

I'll still be going , will you ? 

Yep.

Interesting you think Ross will be here for two years no matter what.

Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae never got half that time. What makes Ross special? If this time next year we are at the arse end of league 1, would you keep him?

11 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Can't think of the last experienced arse kicker we had as a manager.  Apart from that mental animal Tommy Craig of course;  although Tommy "Arse Kicker" Craig doesn't sound quite right. 

Really?

Alex Rae had plenty of experience and had an "old school" approach to management.

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yep.

Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae never got half that time. What makes Ross special? If this time next year we are at the arse end of league 1, would you keep him?

No . 

He des

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yep.

He deserves a decent crack of the whip . That for me is forming his own team , and being given time to do that . 

If after that he fails , then we cross that bridge . 

I don't disagree with anything he said in today's post match interview. He's clearly frustrated at the performance and players not showing what they work on in during the week.

There's no obvious leader on the park and some of the senior pros have been stealing their wages for months. Webster and Irvine have both captained the team this season, but neither show any leadership and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team based upon performances.

Every week we come up against teams with energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to work. Those should be basics, but we don't have enough of any of those qualities. The squad has too many has beens, and many of them look as if they can't really be bothered anymore.

Well I have been watching them for 44 years so might as well keep doing it in the first cant be any worse than this season .

Don't be too hasty , he interviews well & we're playing better.

Don't let the fact we are rooted to the bottom and our minus GD getting a bartering detract from how we are improving , despite looking the most likely to go down.

5 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Don't be too hasty , he interviews well & we're playing better.

Don't let the fact we are rooted to the bottom and our minus GD getting a bartering detract from how we are improving , despite looking the most likely to go down.

Its been the same problem for a few seasons 4 to 5 manager's who cant bring the best out of the player. I would say its the players who need to take a good look at themselves in particular the so called seasonal pros. For me we need to stick with Jack we cant afford to pay another manager garden leave there has been far too much money wasted over the past few years that clearly effect our budget. 

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've never listened/watched any of these as i don't give a feck about how well he interviews, I'm only interested in what happens on the pitch. :snore

Happenings on the Pitch are worse.

Edited by shull

Very possibly a top man but not the experienced arse kicker we need to get us out of this mire. 

Most experienced arse kickers also complain about their budget every given chance. The names thrown around on here are also usually out of work.

That aside, I really don't think a number of the players would care or even take the comment on board. I do appaud Jack Ross though for being so constructive whilst calling the players cowardly and lazy.

15 hours ago, TopCat said:

Yep.

What makes the situation special is that we cannot keep sacking managers. Firstly, we can't afford to keep doing it. Secondly, we need to have some sort of continuity. Thirdly, the job is one that most right minded managers would now avoid, as the average life expectancy is about 5 months - who wants that madness?

It's time for people to engage their brains, rather than just boo and call for the manager to go. Work together, stick together and maybe the club can turn things around at some point. Give the coaching team time to work and assemble a team of their choosing and we might see better output on the park.

Keep screaming for the manager to go, and for the board to plough more money in and foaming at the mouth about games and we'll contiinue to take a downward trajectory.