Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 29/10/16

shull

4 minutes ago, melmac said:

Why is it any wonder we are still shipping goals and getting beat when we are still playing same players in the same positions with the same set up. Its time to not get beat, get Mallan tae f and someone in whos gonna kick anything that moves in the middle of the park.

You do know there's not a lot of options at this time of the season?

I would suggest anyone who is "available" is likely to be shit.

As for "getting Mallan tae F".............:lol:

Just back from the game . 

Didnt think we played that badly today , we're just are lacking a bit of quality in the final 3rd .1st half especially we did OK and took the game to Hibs . We really need to cut out the soft goals we're conceding . 

The next couple of months are going to be very important for us . We really need to try and muster a win from some where . 

Tuesday will do for me .

Had Morgan scored in the first five minutes itcwould have Ben a different game. First shot on target in the 80th minute. Not sure at 2 down it was wise to bring on a wee boy. Not sure why Walsh never got on. Overall it was a dreadful performance and we could have lost by 5 or 6. Sutton should have started. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Just back from the game . 

Didnt think we played that badly today , we're just are lacking a bit of quality in the final 3rd .1st half especially we did OK and took the game to Hibs . We really need to cut out the soft goals we're conceding . 

The next couple of months are going to be very important for us . We really need to try and muster a win from some where . 

I thought we started brightly and made chances to take the lead. Hibs then played on the break and took the first goal very well. 

JL perhaps should have done better and stopped the second but otherwise had a great game. Well played Jamie. 

Overall the work rare was good. The major difference between the two sides was the speed of Hibs play and in particular the form  of Martin Boyle who was a stand out for the HI Bees.

Having seen all of our opponents,  Hibs are the stand out team followed by Dundee United and Raith Rovers. 

After games against the top two it's back to the business of picking up vital points, not just performances. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Why is it any wonder we are still shipping goals and getting beat when we are still playing same players in the same positions with the same set up. Its time to not get beat, get Mallan tae f and someone in whos gonna kick anything that moves in the middle of the park.

I must have missed something given tbe complete idiot that professed to being our last manager played a rigid 442 and wouldnt deviate. yet ross went 352 today. and given that we have a few injuries and had to recall gordon to the squad for which in my opinion he shouldnt have been let go on a loan deal in the forst place. who do YOU suggest we bring into to play outwith all we have left and given ross is only had 2 games so far in his remit of assessing the team and players in match scenarios. mallan is not a central midfielder he needs yo be moved up one to play the no10 role but who do we have fit and available to move into the "kick anything that moves role" your suggesting given when we had goody in theredoing just that he was pilliored and berated for doing just that to break up attacks thus collecting yellow after yellow so yeah get someone in there yo do exactly the same running the risk of playing games with 10 men thus getting even more over run than with stevie in there good shout

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , that`s fair enough. However ,you neglected to address the issues of a succession of poor appointments which resulted in a slow steady decline of the team , the club in general and the appetite of the paying punters for what was on offer.

Turning round the fortunes of a club which has seen a long , slow slide down the league is akin to turning an oil Tanker around. Before we can get it moving forward, we have to slow it down first and get it pointing in the right direction. 

I have said many times on here that we should be eternally grateful to Gilmour & Co for what they did for the club all those years ago...... but the fact is, they wanted out,they lost focus and they put the club in a perilous position.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

A simple summary of who is at fault:

The previous board for a string of poor appointments.

The various managers for using their budgets badly, particularly Murray and Rae who would have had a reasonable amount to spend at this level, and for shite tactics.

The players for a string of shite performances and they now need to get their collective fingers out or we'll be playing in League One.

That about cover it?

Danny Lennon, Manager... was the first to be sacked after howling loons (fans) demanded it.  THAT, for me, was the defining fault, if any, of the outgoing Board.  They listened to the fans.   FFS. :rolleyes:

Same with the next, then again, the next Manager...

Somehow.... the blame-game seems to exclude the fans who wanted Saints to move to the 'lTHE NEXT LEVEL'.

Saints are now at the next level - and still those self-same fans are unhappy.

Does not compute.   :confused:

3 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I must have missed something given tbe complete idiot that professed to being our last manager played a rigid 442 and wouldnt deviate.

We really should try to remember that, that 'complete idiot' saved Saints from relegation last year.

Just now, antrin said:

Danny Lennon, Manager... was the first to be sacked after howling loons (fans) demanded it.  THAT, for me, was the defining fault, if any, of the outgoing Board.  They listened to the fans.   FFS. :rolleyes:

Same with the next, then again, the next Manager...

Somehow.... the blame-game seems to exclude the fans who wanted Saints to move to the 'lTHE NEXT LEVEL'.

Saints are now at the next level - and still those self-same fans are unhappy.

Does not compute.   :confused:

So are you saying that the previous board sacked the cup winning (and subsequent f**kin cheap ,hopeless ) manager (s) because of "Howling loons ?"     Really ?

So they were quite happy to listen to fans and sack the manager but were oblivious to calls to fix the Tannoy,  fit out the void, dont prostitute us to Celtic / Rangers, update the hall of fame boards, etc etc etc.

Doesn`t really ring true Bud , does it ?

howling loons will turn up, whatever the tannoy.  cf  shull.

If they believe all defeats to be much more significant (than the superfluous shite that you suggest) then the bottom line is hurt. Fans will only walk away THEN. It's not the fripperies like tannoy that turn them off.

Finance focusses minds - so AYE. If the fans F.Off. 

(which is also why voids would not be fitted out, club facilities sold to the highest bidder, f**kin void voids etc... Cos the fans will take that, time and again)

It's all about the money.

Edited by antrin
I got a riddie when I re-read it