Scottish Court Backs Minimum Alcohol Price

Kendo

19 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

But the point is that they don't use it at present. Stop wriggling.

At present we lock prisoners up. This is the cost cutting alternative that the SNP are telling us we are getting. You can try to spin this any way you want, and you'll know doubt try, but sex offenders on GPS tags when we all know and can find out where the GPS black spots are is f**king frightening. 

8 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Getting a bit hysterical dicko. Your posts are reading like the comments section of the Daily Mail

Well in fairness it's come as a shock to me that the Scottish Government appear to be planning to use this on sex offenders. I thought it was just sobriety tags and for minor misdemeanours. It's Coward who uncovered the true extent of the shocking depravity of the SNP decision. 

Justice Secretary Michael Matheson said: “Rather than just deciding on what kind of electronic monitoring they’re going to use, they work out what they’re trying to achieve first of all and then look at whether electronic monitoring would help to achieve that aim,” he said. “And it could be different types. It could be GPS or the radio system which we have at the present time. We want to focus on outcomes. “The report highlights that we could use electronic monitoring in a much more effective way, for example, for individuals remanded into custody.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/criminals-could-be-given-sobriety-tags-and-gps-trackers-1-4247842

Coward - here's your arse. 

You can't read. Mathieson says that they use GPS OR Radio tracking. That obviously means some prisoners are going to be on GPS only tags with all the blackspots that we've got. It proves the point I made. It proves the SNP is soft on crime. It proves that the police forces will have to pick up yet another f**k up from the Scottish Government and it proves that the police will have to do the work prison officers currently do - despite the force already being stretched beyond breaking point. 

As your carer to have another wee go at helping you. 

The article I used quoted the Justice Minister directly. Your Hollyrood one didn't. It's quite clear that the tags do not have multiple formats. They are EITHER GPS or radio. Reading your article suggests that the Scottish Government is considering putting GPS tags on sex offenders - one of THE most ridiculous and scary outcomes I could ever imagine as a parent. 

Your arse is on a plate. Just accept it. GPS technology has massive blackspot areas all over Scotland. This is car crash government in action. 

At present we lock prisoners up. This is the cost cutting alternative that the SNP are telling us we are getting. You can try to spin this any way you want, and you'll know doubt try, but sex offenders on GPS tags when we all know and can find out where the GPS black spots are is f**king frightening. 

Well in fairness it's come as a shock to me that the Scottish Government appear to be planning to use this on sex offenders. I thought it was just sobriety tags and for minor misdemeanours. It's Coward who uncovered the true extent of the shocking depravity of the SNP decision. 

What a pile of wanky pish...

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I just seen that Mr Dickson posted on another thread.

Why would he be avoiding this thread now? emoji23.png

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Dunno, maybe he'll come back on and tell us.

I doubt it.

you don't want to spread that wanky pish too thinly...

What a long conversation you people have created over a fairly simple matter.

The minimum alcohol price is set quite low...stop complaining like extreme left wing diddies. Unless you can throw away £25 or more per month on the Smisa dream then you are clearly a second class citizen.  People who can afford to toss £25 per month (or more) away without noticing need not worry about the minimum price of alcohol unlike your common peasant or your second rate smisa member (£24 per month or less),  Fortunately the plight of peasants and second rate Smisa members (£24 per month or less) is unimportant.  In fact if your peasants or second rate Smisa members (£24 per month or less) cannot afford alcohol then they are less likely to annoy premium Smisa members (£25 per month or more) and that is what really matters.

Long live the premium Smisa members....I would pop a champagne cork to you lot but since minimum pricing I can't afford it (unless I go to aldi).

10 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

The minimum alcohol price is set quite low...stop complaining like extreme left wing diddies. Unless you can throw away £25 or more per month on the Smisa dream then you are clearly a second class citizen.  People who can afford to toss £25 per month (or more) away without noticing need not worry about the minimum price of alcohol unlike your common peasant or your second rate smisa member (£24 per month or less),  Fortunately the plight of peasants and second rate Smisa members (£24 per month or less) is unimportant.  In fact if your peasants or second rate Smisa members (£24 per month or less) cannot afford alcohol then they are less likely to annoy premium Smisa members (£25 per month or more) and that is what really matters.

Long live the premium Smisa members....I would pop a champagne cork to you lot but since minimum pricing I can't afford it (unless I go to aldi).

I'm a second rate SMISA member (to your impoverished mind, only) but I have no problem with the plan.  The "big" investors are paying extra for our club and there are minimal bonuses for that and not all will be able to take advantage of those.

Apart from your envy, i'd bet Dickhead is the only one complaining.

22 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

indeed.

Maybe you should heed your own observations.