SMiSA Director Role Application

dwriley65

Hi all,

I reached 11 nominations but am waiting for contact numbers for 2 of those before I can submit my application. As the deadline is today I need 1 more nomination from a SMiSA member with full name & phone number (and e-mail address if available) to ensure I can get my application in on time.

If you are happy to nominate me or know someone else who may be willing to do so I'd appreciate if you can let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the nominations, questions and comments up to now. 

Regards,
David

22 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Seems to always be an 'us and them' attitude with SMiSA and the 'oridinary/everyday Joe' supporters. That really needs to stop as without everyone working together with one common aim, we will become nothing more than a memory or a 'hobby club' which is a dreadful thought

There are almost 1400 of 'US' in SMiSA. We are the ordinary/everyday Joe' supporters. If you havent already, join us... we bought the buds you know!

4 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Seems to always be an 'us and them' attitude with SMiSA and the 'oridinary/everyday Joe' supporters. That really needs to stop as without everyone working together with one common aim, we will become nothing more than a memory or a 'hobby club' which is a dreadful thought

I personally have contacted 50 members in the past week to confirm nominations for the election,another SMiSA member has been down at the stadium with volunteers the past couple of weeks to clean seats and the concrete slabs below them,and he is also consulting with hospitality to arrange member dinners (he has been doing similar stuff for donkeys years) others are dealing with the day to day running of our members subscriptions and writing monthly updates and arranging to get those online and into print and posted to our members who are not online, we have spoken to the club about all the things that supporters are unhappy with,our members are part funding the platform for our less able supporters,we collate all the feedback from members and discuss where we spend our £2 per member fund which is for improvements on and off field, we are arranging events,we meet every Monday night and are constantly in touch online throughout the whole day,we have a fans representative on the board, i could go on.

Now some of the above benefits only SMiSA members directly, but the platform,the seat cleaning,contacting the club for fans,our fan on the board,spending on youth development and the £2 member pot are things which benefit everyone who comes along to support the team.

All of the above is being carried out by "ordinary Joe/everyday supporters" who also happen to be on the SMiSA board and give the time it takes to do this freely and in the most it's after coming home from our ordinary everyday jobs and one who has a not so ordinary everyday job.

We are not working against anyone so i'd like your comments on where you think there is an "us and them" attitude and who we need to work together with to achieve "one common aim" your welcome to get in touch,as is anyone,or arrange to come to a meeting and air your views or even volunteer your services to help our club.

We do actually have one very big common aim and that is to gain control of our club within the next ten years and ensure it stays in the hands of supporters for ever.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:37 PM, Lord Pityme said:

There are almost 1400 of 'US' in SMiSA. We are the ordinary/everyday Joe' supporters. If you havent already, join us... we bought the buds you know!

Well that is not quite true now is it?

Firstly two categories of  your "us" exist.  

1)  The wonderfully important "premier" members who can pay £25 per month or more to the cause (Smisa).  These people can even meet Mr Tom Hendrie.

2)  The less important "peasant" members who cannot afford the princely sum of £25 per month.  These poor wretches may get to meet Mr Tom Hendrie but only if one of the darling "premiers" declines the invite.  In short, the dogs may (if they are lucky) be thrown a bone.  

And to conclude, Smisa have NOT bought a club.  They have entered into an agreement whereby they MAY buy the club if certian payments are met.  As this payment schedule is over the next ten years then the ability of Smisa to meet its obligations remains in question.  In short Smisa will probably own the club one day but that depends on the loyalty of its members continuing to give money to "the cause" over the next decade.  Ten years is a long time and a big financial commitment for ordinary folks to meet.  Every penny from every member will be needed, even the peasants!

On 10/28/2016 at 6:36 PM, dwriley65 said:

Hi all,

I reached 11 nominations but am waiting for contact numbers for 2 of those before I can submit my application. As the deadline is today I need 1 more nomination from a SMiSA member with full name & phone number (and e-mail address if available) to ensure I can get my application in on time.

If you are happy to nominate me or know someone else who may be willing to do so I'd appreciate if you can let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the nominations, questions and comments up to now. 

Regards,
David

I am not a Smisa member.  Merely a season ticket holder paying far too much of his disposable income to watch a team that lets me down reguarly.

That said may I wish you luck in the forthcoming elections.  You are the only candidate that I am aware of who has "raised there head above the parapet"  so for that you deserve credit and for what it is worth I would give you my vote...if I had one.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I am not a Smisa member.  Merely a season ticket holder paying far too much of his disposable income to watch a team that lets me down reguarly.

That said may I wish you luck in the forthcoming elections.  You are the only candidate that I am aware of who has "raised there head above the parapet"  so for that you deserve credit and for what it is worth I would give you my vote...if I had one.

Thanks a lot, appreciate your comments. I actually made the point on my video (which will be posted tomorrow evening, I believe) that I see this role as representing all supporters, not only SMiSA members. I know there are several reasons why some didn't or couldn't sign up but a supporter is a supporter as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again,

David

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

1)  The wonderfully important "premier" members who can pay £25 per month or more to the cause (Smisa).  These people can even meet Mr Tom Hendrie.

2)  The less important "peasant" members who cannot afford the princely sum of £25 per month.  These poor wretches may get to meet Mr Tom Hendrie but only if one of the darling "premiers" declines the invite.  In short, the dogs may (if they are lucky) be thrown a bone.  

And to conclude, Smisa have NOT bought a club.  They have entered into an agreement whereby they MAY buy the club if certian payments are met.  As this payment schedule is over the next ten years then the ability of Smisa to meet its obligations remains in question.  In short Smisa will probably own the club one day but that depends on the loyalty of its members continuing to give money to "the cause" over the next decade.  Ten years is a long time and a big financial commitment for ordinary folks to meet.  Every penny from every member will be needed, even the peasants!

SMiSA exist for every fan of SMFC regardless of income, SMiSA own 29% and will conclude their arrangement to take full control of the club within ten years, it could be less. Is there an issue with the fans taking ownership of their club? In all the surveys, meetings and communication SMiSA has had with all supporters the overwhelming majority were and are in favour of fan ownership, hence why almost 1400 have committed to the cause.

we are only in this position because of our members, that is our strength, buddies coming together for the common good. Come and join the revolution, be part of it, contribute your ideas, get involved.... you might like it?

This isn't the public list. I think I'm the only one who's posted on the forum. At least I haven't seen any others.

I posted over on the general discussion section. I didn't post on this thread as I had my ten nominations.

Good luck to all involved when the voting/campaign process goes live.

6 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Shh, don't tell anyone Tom, but I still have a ticket for this event available for auction, with any money raised going to Erskine Hospital. No-one has placed a bid yet so if you want to place a bid, even a small one, you may just win it. 

On 11/6/2016 at 5:16 PM, Lord Pityme said:

SMiSA exist for every fan of SMFC regardless of income, SMiSA own 29% and will conclude their arrangement to take full control of the club within ten years, it could be less. Is there an issue with the fans taking ownership of their club? In all the surveys, meetings and communication SMiSA has had with all supporters the overwhelming majority were and are in favour of fan ownership, hence why almost 1400 have committed to the cause.

we are only in this position because of our members, that is our strength, buddies coming together for the common good. Come and join the revolution, be part of it, contribute your ideas, get involved.... you might like it?

Thank you for quoting me in your post above.  I fail to understand exactly why however as you are answering a question I did not ask.

Tally ho

On 11/6/2016 at 7:08 PM, TsuMirren said:

I posted over on the general discussion section. I didn't post on this thread as I had my ten nominations.

Good luck to all involved when the voting/campaign process goes live.

All the best, Kenny. I'm sure whatever the result the supporters will be well represented.

David