Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

A good deal being able to by a really pish poor quality replica top nearly 3 months after the start of the season- I don't mean to be picky but I paid by cash, which means my money is no good until they get it, then got my money back 2 weeks later after the crap JD logo started to peel away (no bad thing) the material started to bobble and loads of stitches were loose after 1 wash! Doesn't seem a great deal IMHO

A good deal being able to by a really pish poor quality replica top nearly 3 months after the start of the season- I don't mean to be picky but I paid by cash, which means my money is no good until they get it, then got my money back 2 weeks later after the crap JD logo started to peel away (no bad thing) the material started to bobble and loads of stitches were loose after 1 wash! Doesn't seem a great deal IMHO

Sorry, bloody auto correct. buy

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, shull said:

Stewart Gilmour says on Twitter the JD deal is worth £100k.

Didn't say whether that is for one year or 2 or 3 or whatever. 

Is that fact Shull? I don't frequent Twitter or Facebook. If so, he waits until he's no longer involved with the club before divulging 'confidential business information' on social media. While chairman of the club and head honcho of the BoD that signed the deal with JD Sports, he and his BoD went to great lengths not to divulge the monetary aspect of the JD deal. While supporters were suffering shite launch dates, shite supply levels, shite quality control where the neck was made too small, and a shite inability to purchase a team shirt in the club shop... the line constantly trotted out was 'it's a great deal for the club'.

Communication never was the old BoDs strong point though, was it. Until you leave and can reveal the figures on Twatter that is.

Edited by pozbaird

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Is that fact Shull? I don't frequent Twitter or Facebook. If so, he waits until he's no longer involved with the club before divulging 'confidential business information' on social media. While chairman of the club and head honcho of the BoD that signed the deal with JD Sports, he and his BoD went to great lengths not to divulge the monetary aspect of the JD deal. While supporters were suffering shite launch dates, shite supply levels, shite quality control where the neck was made too small, and a shite inability to purchase a team shirt in the club shop... the line constantly trotted out was 'it's a great deal for the club'.

Communication never was the old BoDs strong point though, was it. Until you leave and can reveal the figures on Twatter that is.

It was under his normal Twitter handle. I can copy and paste it tonight when I get home unless somebody can do it sooner. 

If JD is the best deal financially for the club well you would be daft not to stick with it regardless of if the strip is pish.

Anyway grown men shouldn't be wearing current fitba tops.

I appreciate being bottom of the second tier of Scottish football puts us in a poor negotiating position, but can we not propose a deal with slightly less cash (with the same benefits for kits for various teams within the club) with the following caveats:

1. A contractual agreement re: release date of replica strips

2. The ability to sell replica strips etc in the club shop

This would keep both sides happy...those who see the financial benefits and those who have been sorely let down by the abysmal customer service...

Win-win for all?

Can we get another kit supply deal for £100k? Almost certainly not.

Can we make £100k from all the things JD get for their money? Don't see why not.

JD don't just get the shirt supply deal for their money. They also get the shirt sponsorship, probably the main sponsorship opportunity the club has, which must be worth a fair amount. They also have a hell of a lot of branding around the stadium and the dome sponsorship (although that's probably a different deal).

You wouldn't get one company to replace the JD cash but there's no reason why the kit couldn't be supplied by one firm, the shirts sponsored by another (different ones on home and away if necessary), yet another replacing the branding in one/all stands and so on.

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

As far as I understand it the JD Sports deal has ended and won't be renewed so it doesn't sound like it's the clubs choice to make. 

If previous years are any guide, JD would have required the artwork for next seasons kits in October this year. Perhaps someone from the Fan Council could say if they did any artwork and handed it to them two months ago. If not, let the speculation begin... Knock-off Nike, Knock-off Adidas, Puma, Umbro, Macron, Errea, New Balance, Under Armour, Kappa, Hummel, Joma... badged up training tops from the Barras'....

Place your bets.

Edited by pozbaird

Can we get another kit supply deal for £100k? Almost certainly not.
Can we make £100k from all the things JD get for their money? Don't see why not.
JD don't just get the shirt supply deal for their money. They also get the shirt sponsorship, probably the main sponsorship opportunity the club has, which must be worth a fair amount. They also have a hell of a lot of branding around the stadium and the dome sponsorship (although that's probably a different deal).
You wouldn't get one company to replace the JD cash but there's no reason why the kit couldn't be supplied by one firm, the shirts sponsored by another (different ones on home and away if necessary), yet another replacing the branding in one/all stands and so on.

All major parts are priced separately, though some advertsing was original done just to lift the look of the stadium...such as big banners etc

8 minutes ago, rea said:

All major parts are priced separately, though some advertsing was original done just to lift the look of the stadium...such as big banners etc

So what all does the £100k cover? Just the kit contract or the kit, shirt sponsorship, branding etc?

So what all does the £100k cover? Just the kit contract or the kit, shirt sponsorship, branding etc?

I will check both the number and detail. But basically 2 contracts/section One part is for kit Supply with JD brand And the other is for shirt sponsorship by a JD company.

The not being able to sell kit at stadium is also a myth