Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

16 minutes ago, rea said:

I will check both the number and detail. But basically 2 contracts/section One part is for kit Supply with JD brand And the other is for shirt sponsorship by a JD company.

The not being able to sell kit at stadium is also a myth

Why then did the JD rep' I met once, when queried why other JD-supplied clubs DID sell kit in club shops and we didn't, explained it by saying 'they have a different deal to St Mirren's'. If it is a myth that we couldn't sell kit in the club shop, then (gussing here), is the explanation for the lack of kit in the club shop simply that the old BoD decided not to?

6 minutes ago, div said:

If it's a myth Richard then there's a whole heap of people who will be very interested to know why we've not been doing it for the past 3 years!

I've already had my punt at the explanation. When we reached the 2013 League Cup final the old BoD needed to send out the Bat signal to get AWP to ride to the rescue and sort out the sorry state of the club's in-house merchandising for a major cup final. When they signed the JD deal, the old BoD jumped at the chance to do the square root of fcuk all with the strips and let it all take place in JDs three stores.

If I'm wrong, fair enough. Like others, would like to hear the real reason then if I'm wide of the mark.

Edited by pozbaird

This Season's monstrosity of a home kit must be binned. 
Still the Fans Council haven't apologised for their despicable choice. 
The replica of the 87 strip should have been brought out next May on the f**king anniversary and only as a Third Kit.
Fannies 

st.mirren won the cup season 86/87 ya numpty

£92,500 per annum plus £35,000 of free issue kit.JD did have sole rights to sell the strips and the sponsorship of the dome was extra.

All in all a huge amount of money to lose but i have no doubts that a new deal will be high up on the list of priorities of the present board.

I,m sure MAXI HAULAGE would look terrific on our new strips.

Over to you Richard.

Just now, TsuMirren said:

Club AGM with announcement that the JD deal will be ending.

Ta. Guess that means there's a requirement for a new kit supplier, new primary shirt sponsor, new stadium branding, new airdome sponsor, and new (updated) HoF panels with the JD adverts removed. Have I missed anything?

Farewell to bespoke kit design. Hope whoever gets the gig issues us with something decent.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

yeah think contract was up and wasn't renewed.

Never mind that. Did the Fan Council know who really shot JFK? I think there's more chance of St Mirren fans actually finding out before they find out why kits were never on sale at the stadium for three plus years.

It's like everyone involved signed the official secrets act and won't talk - even after the ex-chairman cracked under pressure on Twitter and let the words '100k' slip from his lips. He should be worried. Bumped off on Christmas Eve by JD Sports crack Chinese factory hit squad... easy to spot. They're the guys who can't get their balaclavas over their heads as the hole was made too small.

3 minutes ago, rea said:

The Kits were sold at the Stadium....i personally had to buy the stock.

I must have missed that Richard. I never once went into the St Mirren shop at St Mirren Park and saw strips for sale. Where and when were kits on sale down Greenhill Road way?