Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

On 12/19/2016 at 9:21 AM, northendsaint said:

£92,500 per annum plus £35,000 of free issue kit.JD did have sole rights to sell the strips and the sponsorship of the dome was extra.

All in all a huge amount of money to lose but i have no doubts that a new deal will be high up on the list of priorities of the present board.

I,m sure MAXI HAULAGE would look terrific on our new strips.

Over to you Richard.

LoL. Problem is having negotiated the above deal, (your numbers are close, but i did better than that!!) i am now on the other side....and certainly would not be doing a deal at £100K+

Yes i am sure a nice bright Red MAXI would look lovely :)

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I must have missed that Richard. I never once went into the St Mirren shop at St Mirren Park and saw strips for sale. Where and when were kits on sale down Greenhill Road way?

I could dig out the invoices.

The idea was that with a fixed deal with JD there was no risk, but that we could if we wanted (but making no specific profit on the strips) sell them at the Club shop / Take orders at the shop and bring them in. In doing it this way it would bring in much needed footfall to the shop which never made a contribution to the Club since the move until my time and sell other merchandise along side which the Club would make a big margin on.

The Shop was re-organised and stocked (the ticket office was now able to work behind the shop counter so that it could all be open) and we started, however i had funded the whole thing and after the first bash at it the Club/Staff did not continue to support it and i was unwilling to fund it personally, so matters were reversed and the shop did not really do anything until around the Cup final when IIRC SG got AP briefly back involved. 

There was a good opportunity to sort it all out but it was missed.

It balanced risk and reward.....zero risk on the really big income of the deal....but opportunity to up sell other items

Perhaps this time round it will be made to wrk

2 minutes ago, rea said:

I could dig out the invoices.

The idea was that with a fixed deal with JD there was no risk, but that we could if we wanted (but making no specific profit on the strips) sell them at the Club shop / Take orders at the shop and bring them in. In doing it this way it would bring in much needed footfall to the shop which never made a contribution to the Club since the move until my time and sell other merchandise along side which the Club would make a big margin on.

The Shop was re-organised and stocked (the ticket office was now able to work behind the shop counter so that it could all be open) and we started, however i had funded the whole thing and after the first bash at it the Club/Staff did not continue to support it and i was unwilling to fund it personally, so matters were reversed and the shop did not really do anything until around the Cup final when IIRC SG got AP briefly back involved. 

There was a good opportunity to sort it all out but it was missed.

It balanced risk and reward.....zero risk on the really big income of the deal....but opportunity to up sell other items

Perhaps this time round it will be made to wrk

Apologies Richard, but this is a confusing read. In all the years of the JD Sports deal, I repeat, I never once went into the St Mirren club shop at the ground, saw JD-manufactured kits hanging up for sale, or bought one. I had to go to JD Sports shops in Braehead, Paisley Centre or Silverburn. I do not know a single St Mirren supporting friend who bought a kit anywhere other than the three JD stores, nor did I ever see any advertising for any JD-designed kit that said anything other than 'available from JD Sports stores in Braehead, Paisley Centre and Silverburn'.

I genuinely must have blinked and missed it.

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Apologies Richard, but this is a confusing read. In all the years of the JD Sports deal, I repeat, I never once went into the St Mirren club shop at the ground, saw JD-manufactured kits hanging up for sale, or bought one. I had to go to JD Sports shops in Braehead, Paisley Centre or Silverburn. I do not know a single St Mirren supporting friend who bought a kit anywhere other than the three JD stores, nor did I ever see any advertising for any JD-designed kit that said anything other than 'available from JD Sports stores in Braehead, Paisley Centre and Silverburn'.

I genuinely must have blinked and missed it.

It is the case that JD did not advertise that it was available at the Ground, and it was not available for long as once the stock i had bought to get it going was sold it was not replaced

6 minutes ago, rea said:

It is the case that JD did not advertise that it was available at the Ground, and it was not available for long as once the stock i had bought to get it going was sold it was not replaced

Right, so, and I genuinely do not mean this in a rude way - I was right when I said I blinked and missed St Mirren strips visibly being on sale at St Mirren Park in the years and years of the JD deals.

Anyway. My money is on a loose coalition of mutual interest in seeing him bumped off between Cubans pissed off with his Bay of Pigs actions, the industrial / military complex pissed off that he would pull out of Vietnam, and the mob, pissed off that both he and his brother Bobby were after them and their involvement in teamsters unions etc. Oswald was just one wee patsy who pulled a trigger.

Farewell JD and JFK. Both a fcuking mystery from day one and still none the clearer.

Edited by pozbaird

That's a very large financial "hole" to fill. Potentially 3 players salaries.

However, we'll probably be getting rid of a few of our higher earning players at the end of the season.

The strip, the launch date and it's quality will have to be perfect or we'll be drowned in floods of tears.

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

However, we'll probably be getting rid of a few of our higher earning players at the end of the season.

The strip, the launch date and it's quality will have to be perfect or we'll be drowned in floods of tears.

The strip design will never, ever please everyone, so seeing as how the 2017/18 kit will likely be a manufacturer's template, as long as they don't fcuk around too much with traditional B&W stripes, then they should please more people than they piss-off. A launch date that is early enough for fans to wear the new kit in the summer / for holidays should be a given. The kit being of acceptable quality should be a given. Stock availability should be a given, and being able to buy a club strip in a club shop (without it being from a one-off box of kits an individual bought himself) should be a given. Surely to goodness the mainstream kit suppliers out there can get these 'givens' fixed up for St Mirren FC and its supporters? If not, they shouldn't be in the kit supply business in the first place.

Edit: Nearly forgot. Another 'given' is that Shull will think it's a monstrosity.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Pretty sure our pals from the arse end of the Clyde have managed to do their own kits this season. They made a proper balls up at first with a stinking kit (or built up publicity) and then got the fans involved with choosing their favourite kit from about 5 options. I think they have had another vote for next seasons away kit already. They have a pretty crap commercial department by all accounts, if they can do it anyone can. Going by the forums it sounds like we have a big demand for Saints kits.

First thing I'd be doing is getting Provan Sports involved again.

2 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty sure our pals from the arse end of the Clyde have managed to do their own kits this season. They made a proper balls up at first with a stinking kit (or built up publicity) and then got the fans involved with choosing their favourite kit from about 5 options. I think they have had another vote for next seasons away kit already. They have a pretty crap commercial department by all accounts, if they can do it anyone can. Going by the forums it sounds like we have a big demand for Saints kits.

The kit Ayr Utd wore on Saturday would do me as an away strip for us. Adidas stripes, mostly red, bit of black and white on the torso. A template that many clubs will have with their own badge and sponsor logo, but it looked the part. IMHO.

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The kit Ayr Utd wore on Saturday would do me as an away strip for us. Adidas stripes, mostly red, bit of black and white on the torso. A template that many clubs will have with their own badge and sponsor logo, but it looked the part. IMHO.

I thought it was a monstrosity.......................

31 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Would they be interested?

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The strip design will never, ever please everyone, so seeing as how the 2017/18 kit will likely be a manufacturer's template, as long as they don't fcuk around too much with traditional B&W stripes, then they should please more people than they piss-off. A launch date that is early enough for fans to wear the new kit in the summer / for holidays should be a given. The kit being of acceptable quality should be a given. Stock availability should be a given, and being able to buy a club strip in a club shop (without it being from a one-off box of kits an individual bought himself) should be a given. Surely to goodness the mainstream kit suppliers out there can get these 'givens' fixed up for St Mirren FC and its supporters? If not, they shouldn't be in the kit supply business in the first place.

Edit: Nearly forgot. Another 'given' is that Shull will think it's a monstrosity.

Not necessarily :)

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're a clever boy. It would be madness to drop that kind of money which then leads you to the conclusions that........?

I'm sure you'll get there :rolleyes:

Im no great pretender unfortunately for you the whole forum knows you are. Go find what your looking for because its  not on a St Mirren  forum. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Aye it's a huge amount of money to drop. And at the same time the Chairman has said he wants to raise turnover from £2.1m per annum to over £5m, yet all that appears to be happening so far is that the only new income to the club is whatever they can beg off SMiSA members, and lost income from the loss of a major deal like this one. By my reckoning the club would have to be buying in cheap stuff like the strips at Pendle Sports and be selling them for more than £100 each to make up the lost revenue - and that's before you factor in retail staff to run the shop directly for the club.

That said my money would be on the next kit being an Umbro one. 

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye it's a huge amount of money to drop. And at the same time the Chairman has said he wants to raise turnover from £2.1m per annum to over £5m, yet all that appears to be happening so far is that the only new income to the club is whatever they can beg off SMiSA members, and lost income from the loss of a major deal like this one. By my reckoning the club would have to be buying in cheap stuff like the strips at Pendle Sports and be selling them for more than £100 each to make up the lost revenue - and that's before you factor in retail staff to run the shop directly for the club.

That said my money would be on the next kit being an Umbro one. 

Seriously wonder what kind of world you live in. Not self employed and seem to have a unrealistic view of the world. You might have heard the words Rome was not built in a day. Now i am in reality the figures to be raised are mind boggling but then again im no successfull bisness man unlike ( gordon ) i have been self employed before and survived and am going back into  self employment  have a wee understanding of it. You Stuart obviously have no idea. You live in a land of click the fingers and it happens in reality it does not work like that. Seriously you have a lot to learn for such an old twat.  How you have survived in the work place boggles the mind you are so me me its untrue. laughable more is you cant see it. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Seriously wonder what kind of world you live in. Not self employed and seem to have a unrealistic view of the world. You might have heard the words Rome was not built in a day. Now i am in reality the figures to be raised are mind boggling but then again im no successfull bisness man unlike ( gordon ) i have been self employed before and survived and am going back into  self employment  have a wee understanding of it. You Stuart obviously have no idea. You live in a land of click the fingers and it happens in reality it does not work like that. Seriously you have a lot to learn for such an old twat.  How you have survived in the work place boggles the mind you are so me me its untrue. laughable more is you cant see it. 

I ran my own business for a period of 6 years before selling it. I've also spent plenty of time working on a self employed basis in my trade. Currently I am in employment and happy to have it that way but at least I know how to spell business :rolleyes:

If it was a choice between an extra 2 players on the budget or buying the new kit at the stadium then I'm afraid the extra 2 players wins for me, I would rather have a decent competitive team on the park than be worrying about whether I can buy the new kit at the stadium.

Each to their own though, everybody is different.

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I ran my own business for a period of 6 years before selling it. I've also spent plenty of time working on a self employed basis in my trade. Currently I am in employment and happy to have it that way but at least I know how to spell business :rolleyes:

Well if you can't win the debate attack the spelling a will known defeatist in the world net. if you had the slightest knowledge of self employement you would not wrote what you have. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Do you know that this retails at £55.00? For a part-time club thats an absolute joke,

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

If it was a choice between an extra 2 players on the budget or buying the new kit at the stadium then I'm afraid the extra 2 players wins for me, I would rather have a decent competitive team on the park than be worrying about whether I can buy the new kit at the stadium.

Each to their own though, everybody is different.

Yeah, but the point is St Mirren didn't have a say in it. JD Sports chose not to renew the contract - they weren't told to f**k off by St Mirren :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well if you can't win the debate attack the spelling a will known defeatist in the world net. if you had the slightest knowledge of self employement you would not wrote what you have. 

What debate? You claimed I've never run a business and never been self employed. I have owned my own business and I have been self employed. There's no debate to be had really. You lose. :rolleyes: