Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

Black and white stripes is a given for next season, but predominantly white is what we should go for. White shorts and socks - we only win things when we wear white shorts. Whether it be cups, league titles or promotions, white shorts are worn on almost every single occasion - 1926, 1959, 1987, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2013.

White shorts are the way to go - you know it makes sense. :wink:

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Black and white stripes is a given for next season, but predominantly white is what we should go for. White shorts and socks - we only win things when we wear white shorts. Whether it be cups, league titles or promotions, white shorts are worn on almost every single occasion - 1926, 1959, 1987, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2013.

White shorts are the way to go - you know it makes sense. :wink:

We changed from white shorts to black this season after our away win at QOTS and we ended up going on a great run. The white shorts weren't so great this season.

We changed from white shorts to black this season after our away win at QOTS and we ended up going on a great run. The white shorts weren't so great this season.

I'll say it again - all our greatest triumphs have been achieved wearing white shorts. I don't control these things. [emoji6]

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Well usually - even before the days of JD - we'd get to see them perhaps late May for a mid-July release and the away kit in mid-August.

An early June release as predicted by GLS is exceptionally early by our standards.

I remember seeing them at the end of season dinner at the Normandy on occasion I'm sure...

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

They were revealed at the Normandy dinner every year but that was usually around the end of May wasn't it? 

The dinner is this Friday this year, but as far as I am aware there will be no reveal.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

They were revealed at the Normandy dinner every year but that was usually around the end of May wasn't it? 

Think this stopped as soon as JD took over. Probably because they never had a prototype ready in time.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The Xara 'Motherwell away 2-3 classic game' kit was revealed at the Normandy, and, if memory serves me correctly, AWP was selling them that night in the hotel foyer, after the perma-tanned Dolly Burdz had paraded them.

Would never have happened with the JD deal. The Dolly Burdz would parade them in the hotel, then you'd need to drive to Silverburn, Braehead or Paisley to get one, before bombing back to the Normandy for your pudding and coffee.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Would never have happened with the JD deal. The Dolly Burdz would parade them in the hotel, then you'd need to drive to Silverburn, Braehead or Paisley to get one, after passing the racks of Sevco and Sellics tops, bags, pencil cases and other fun novelty items, then head past the Barca and Real kits at the back of the store before finally discovering them behind last seasons Inter Milan kit then back to the Normandy now about 6 months later to scrape the mold off your pudding and coffee.

Think you had rose tinted glasses there Poz, so I fixed it for you. 

Ah the good old days.

Edited by John Gotti

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, yes, and thrice yes! At last... Wonga ditched, red names and numbers, fully striped back, neat collar, proper stripes, sponsor logo not in a white box... stick a St Mirren crest on that and I might get a stiffy. :wub:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/new-kit-a-closer-look

Good top, although I'm no sure that sponsor logo is much of an improvement on wonga?

Why are we still waiting? 

They should have been on sale early April when the decent weather kicked in. 

Then the Change Strip could have been brought out now. 

Why are we still waiting? 
They should have been on sale early April when the decent weather kicked in. 
Then the Change Strip could have been brought out now. 

Couldn't put new strips out then as there contract with JD doesn't end till end of May. That's why all there advertising is up in the stadium. New shirts hopefully be on sale in June.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Couldn't put new strips out then as there contract with JD doesn't end till end of May. That's why all there advertising is up in the stadium. New shirts hopefully be on sale in June.

What's happening with regards to the JD Sports sign on the dome? Are we deflating the dome to get it off or is there another advertisement ready to go over the top of it?