Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

This shit about Strips has been going on for years not just 2017/18.
HAVEN'T A FECKING CLUE ABOUT MARKETING AND KEEPING THE FANS HAPPY

I don't recall ever having the new kit in June, literally no idea why. I tend to look for July, fair enough JD made a royal mess of that occasionally. Must admit I agree about the open day, can't for the life of me understand why it's not free to all. Certainly, going by any information that's been released.

AND NOW WE HAVE AN OPEN DAY FOR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY  :double

Fecking laughable [emoji38]

" Aye, you support St Mirren and pay 20 quid at the gate when you can but you aint welcome at THE ST MIRREN OPEN DAY "

MARKETING [emoji38]

An Open Day on 9th July exclusively for Season Ticket holders is ludicrous. An Open Day should be open to everyone who wishes to attend and allow the club to spread the good name of St Mirren. Non season tickets holders might attend an open day and be inspired to become season ticket holders.

I have just read the message on the website and find that a really strange message to be sending out to St Mirren fans. I thought we were all in this together malarky was working well with the club... but only if you are a season ticket holder.

2 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

An Open Day on 9th July exclusively for Season Ticket holders is ludicrous. An Open Day should be open to everyone who wishes to attend and allow the club to spread the good name of St Mirren. Non season tickets holders might attend an open day and be inspired to become season ticket holders.

I have just read the message on the website and find that a really strange message to be sending out to St Mirren fans. I thought we were all in this together malarky was working well with the club... but only if you are a season ticket holder.

I agree totally. It's NOT an open day. It's quite the opposite. It's an exclusive, divisive day. It's unfair to a lot of people who pay regularly at the gate due to either not being able to afford the one off payment or simply because other commitments make it uneconomic to pay for the full season.

19 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Maybe if 1000 West Stand season ticket holders turn up then the club will reward pay at the gate punters by opening a turnstile for them. That seems to be the way the club operate these days.

30 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

100% agree it's like a us and them. Very shabby not thought through position to take. Come On St Mitten you promote a community club in one hand while being selective in another. As a season ticket holder I would like this an open day for all especially for children. 

10 hours ago, shull said:

Fecking laughable :lol:

" Aye, you support St Mirren and pay 20 quid at the gate when you can but you aint welcome at THE ST MIRREN OPEN DAY "

MARKETING :lol:

Spot on Shull.

A real own goal by the club - and how no one could spot the irony of the plan to limit access to an open day is the icing on the cake!

And I risk a lot by agreeing with you as I am one of the aforementiond 'elite'  who has been granted access to this exclusive open day event :lol:

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Spot on Shull.

A real own goal by the club - and how no one could spot the irony of the plan to limit access to an open day is the icing on the cake!

And I risk a lot by agreeing with you as I am one of the aforementiond 'elite'  who has been granted access to this exclusive open day event :lol:

I am a member of the ' elite ' tae but this scheme is bonkers. 

Told the wee yin last night and she is so excited and can't wait to be there and meet the players, etc. 

Damn shame other young Saints fans are being excluded. 

10 hours ago, shull said:

Fecking laughable :lol:

MARKETING :lol:

Aye, astounding that this has made it to a public announcement.

Doesn't anybody have any common sense?

Couldnae make it up. :lol:

Well as a member of the st mirren minded hoi polloi I'm toiling to see what the foaming at the gash is all about. Good news is the anticipation is a measure of the feel good with the club and the strip will be available to buy at the ground in the shop. On the face of it , its all positive. The big reveal of a bar code minger might change all that of course[emoji1]

Get over yersells ffs

5 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Well as a member of the st mirren minded hoi pilloi I'm toiling to see what the foaming at the gash is all about. Good news is the anticipation is a measure of the feel good with the club and the strip will be available to buy at the ground in the shop. On the face of it , its all positive. The big reveal of a bar code minger might change all that of courseemoji1.png

Get over yersells ffs

You can't see that having an "open day" that isn't open is a tad ironic? :lol:

Aye, as long as you're alright, Jack. :rolleyes:

To be fair I cannot understand the logic of an Open Day being restricted to those who have already signed up for the new season.

For me, an Open Day should be about attracting new fans as well as giving something back to those who have already signed up. The doors should be open to anyone and everyone who wants to come along on the day.

It would be slightly absurd for me and my son for example to want to go along to the Open Day as season ticket holders but tell my wife and daughter that they can't come with us. Madness!

I would have thought hosting an Open Day should be aimed primarily not at ST holders or PATG punters. It should be simply aimed at the local community at large. Surely the idea of an open day is to 'open up' the club to all and market yourself as the club of your community. The idea being to engage with those who are not ST holders OR pay at the gate punters. Maybe they will then come along to a game. Ach, what do I know. I'm an ST holder so fcuk the rest of Paisley, Renfrew, Barrhead, Johnstone, Elderslie, Kilbarchan, Bridge of Weir, Houston..... fades to distance as thought of being an ST holder gives him a semi...

EDIT. Posted without knowing Div's post.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, div said:

To be fair I cannot understand the logic of an Open Day being restricted to those who have already signed up for the new season.

For me, an Open Day should be about attracting new fans as well as giving something back to those who have already signed up. The doors should be open to anyone and everyone who wants to come along on the day.

It would be slightly absurd for me and my son for example to want to go along to the Open Day as season ticket holders but tell my wife and daughter that they can't come with us. Madness!

Indeed, an excellent opportunity to, possibly, bring in new blood who will be the supporters of tomorrow.

It seems you've to "get over yourself" :lol:

13 hours ago, FS said:

What's this obsession with getting a strip months before the season starts ? A few few weeks prior to kick off is plenty. How many other clubs have revealed their strips by now ? I can think of about 3 or 4. Jeez oh, I bet it's black and white eh ? ;-)

I think most clubs in our division have revealed their new kit - we used to reveal them at the annual dinner which was usually held mid/late May. Can't understand why that didn't happen this time.

I really don't understand why some folk (well, one particular poster) wants to have his kit in April but I don't think having them on sale a few weeks before the holidays is such a ridiculous request.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

I think most clubs in our division have revealed their new kit - we used to reveal them at the annual dinner which was usually held mid/late May. Can't understand why that didn't happen this time.

I really don't understand why some folk (well, one particular poster) wants to have his kit in April but I don't think having them on sale a few weeks before the holidays is such a ridiculous request.

^^^^This. The new Sellik kit is out. Sports shops have racks of new EPL kits on display. Kids might want the new Barca' strip. Cut through the post-building shite and Shull does have a basically sound point. Kids want the kit when others are available and the warmer weather has hit. A certain percentage of adults want it for holi-bobs.

Maybe the cross-over between JD ending and Joma beginning is the main issue this time though.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

^^^^This. The new Sellik kit is out. Sports shops have racks of new EPL kits on display. Kids might want the new Barca' strip. Cut through the post-building shite and Shull does have a basically sound point. Kids want the kit when others are available and the warmer weather has hit. A certain percentage of adults want it for holi-bobs.

Maybe the cross-over between JD ending and Joma beginning is the main issue this time though.

Pretty sure there are English clubs that start to wear the new strip at the tail end of the previous season. Imagine if we'd been selling new ones in the build-up to the Hibs game - they'd have been flying out the door. 

Edit: I realise that's completely dependent on having the same manufacturer/sponsor on board as they will have an agreement for the correct number of matches.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Pretty sure there are English clubs that start to wear the new strip at the tail end of the previous season. Imagine if we'd been selling new ones in the build-up to the Hibs game - they'd have been flying out the door. 
Edit: I realise that's completely dependent on having the same manufacturer/sponsor on board as they will have an agreement for the correct number of matches.

I'm sure we've done this once or twice in the past. Maybe 15-20 years back.

JD did some good things in amongst all the many many many bad things they did.

The kit which effectively sealed our relegation was actually unveiled and released before the previous season had finished. It was an absolutely dreadful kit but they got it out at a great time just before the season ended, maximising sales over the summer holidays.

I really don't get why clubs like us don't understand the ridiculous importance that kits have, especially with young kids.

I can see both sides of the argument, the club wanting to thank those that have bought season tickets and maybe encourage a few more folks to buy one to get the chance to visit the stadium is a good idea IMO.
However the suggestion of a kids day is a great idea too.
Who knows that may happen on that front... So if you are reading this thread and have any influence get it sorted!!!
I am sad to see however the that the tremendous feeling of support and faith that we all had in those that have guided the club from the precipice of relegation to a strong position ready for next season is waining and the voices of ridicule and despair are growing again.