Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

Good point on the cynicism. I'd be so happy if they got the strip out ahead of time but managing an organisation is a large undertaking and it's going to be challenging for anybody even "experienced" people. Point is loads of momentum in the right direction after a nail biting season and it's important not too lose sight of that.

I still want to see the ruddy kit though!!

14 hours ago, shull said:

AND NOW WE HAVE AN OPEN DAY FOR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY  :double

Fecking laughable :lol:

" Aye, you support St Mirren and pay 20 quid at the gate when you can but you aint welcome at THE ST MIRREN OPEN DAY "

MARKETING :lol:

Got to be right, what Shull is saying how the heck can an 'open dy' NOT be open........... a big mistake and a huge missed opportunity

Seems silly having an open day that's season ticket only (not that I'm overly bothered as I wouldn't be going anyway). Can't be to control numbers as they've not had that policy before and it's not a problem.

Anyone who feels strongly about it should contact the club? I don't mean just firing off an e-mail to the general address either. We have two directors and a chief executive who can be contacted on Twitter and we now have supporters liaison officers who can be contacted by e-mailing [email protected]

Far better doing something than just moaning about it or hoping someone sees it - if the folk at the club were to respond every time someone threw the toys out of the pram on here they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Seems silly having an open day that's season ticket only (not that I'm overly bothered as I wouldn't be going anyway). Can't be to control numbers as they've not had that policy before and it's not a problem.

Anyone who feels strongly about it should contact the club? I don't mean just firing off an e-mail to the general address either. We have two directors and a chief executive who can be contacted on Twitter and we now have supporters liaison officers who can be contacted by e-mailing [email protected]

Far better doing something than just moaning about it or hoping someone sees it - if the folk at the club were to respond every time someone threw the toys out of the pram on here they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Nobody has thrown toys out of pram on this matter. 

The Club have made a balls of it and deserve the criticism. 

And what is the point of this Forum if we can't make our feelings known. 

Every comment on here will be seen by the Club, one way or another. 

You do it your way if you wish. 

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Done.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Ditto.

Far more constructive than behaving like an attention seeking clown on an internet forum.

I thought the pipefitter had asked for his account to be deleted?

Edited by Stu

So, what's the point of a St Mirren Forum ?

Hard to be an attention seeker when using an alias..

Others on here add not a jot, well nothing original.

Same old having a go repeated constantly.

And pressing the " like " button :lol:

FTOF, Lucy  .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

44 minutes ago, div said:

I think the open day has been poorly communicated. I'm sure it will be open to anyone who wants to go along, just as it should be!

It was perfectly communicated. ( SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY ) ( OTHER SAINTS FANS CAN DO ONE )

They may have changed their mind now.

Fair play if they have

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, div said:

Kits will be unveiled next week, Tuesday seems most likely.

Pre-orders will be taken shortly afterwards.

And no, I've not seen them so don't ask!

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, div said:

I was told last week that Joma would be unveiling today so let's see if they make it!

How's that Argentinian takeover coming on? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully they unveil next seasons and the season after's as well to give the rest of us a rest from your annual bleating! :lol: 

That wid be fabulous :clapping

I would burst with the excitement :D

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Have to say, I've always been a wee bit bewildered by the frenzy that surrounds the issuing of new kits.

Just me?

Not sure it's a frenzy. You just wonder though, how difficult can it be to get a football kit launched in late May or early June, allowing fans to buy it for taking on holiday, or for kids to have it when their pals usually have the new Sellik / Sevco / Barca shirt, or just generally to have it on sale for the warmer weather arriving.

It isn't a difficult ask surely. Also, just WTF is this 'pre-order' shite. Just get the things into the club shop earlier than we do, have a launch night with players signing autographs, make sure enough stock is available and make sure the fcuking things fit over people's nappers and don't look like a kiddie's fancy dress pirate costume.

Replica kit sales have been a big part of football club retail operations since the 1980s. It's now 2017 and St Mirren are still utter shit at organising it.

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not sure it's a frenzy. You just wonder though, how difficult can it be to get a football kit launched in late May or early June, allowing fans to buy it for taking on holiday, or for kids to have it when their pals usually have the new Sellik / Sevco / Barca shirt, or just generally to have it on sale for the warmer weather arriving.

It isn't a difficult ask surely. Also, just WTF is this 'pre-order' shite. Just get the things into the club shop earlier than we do, have a launch night with players signing autographs, make sure enough stock is available and make sure the fcuking things fit over people's nappers and don't look like a kiddie's fancy dress pirate costume.

Replica kit sales have been a big part of football club retail operations since the 1980s. It's now 2017 and St Mirren are still utter shit at organising it.

If all kids are like my grandkid they'll be champing at the bit for a new strip. He is into all football and usually has Man U, Real, Barca strips as well as the Saints' strip. This year he suggested the Celtic one and the only hope is that the Buddies get the damn thing out so we can say we ran out of cash and couldn't afford the hooped one! Come Saints. Get yer f'n act together!!!!!!!!!

If all kids are like my grandkid they'll be champing at the bit for a new strip. He is into all football and usually has Man U, Real, Barca strips as well as the Saints' strip. This year he suggested the Celtic one and the only hope is that the Buddies get the damn thing out so we can say we ran out of cash and couldn't afford the hooped one! Come Saints. Get yer f'n act together!!!!!!!!!

On this point, is it unique to the west of Scotland, Scotland or further afield that kids just like wearing football tops of any team not necessarily their own? I used to have loads of a whole variety of teams (although in fairness they were all teams from outside Scotland other than Saints). Perhaps in my case it was related the the wee shop in the inshops bit of the Paisley Centre...

Back on topic though it seems like a complete no-brainer to get the new kits out early and get the best use out of them in the summer, especially this year when we finished the season so well, there is optimism abound, early signings being made and generally everything is looking relatively good...typical that we seem incapable of getting even the simple things right?

Guest TPAFKATS

On this point, is it unique to the west of Scotland, Scotland or further afield that kids just like wearing football tops of any team not necessarily their own? I used to have loads of a whole variety of teams (although in fairness they were all teams from outside Scotland other than Saints). Perhaps in my case it was related the the wee shop in the inshops bit of the Paisley Centre...

Back on topic though it seems like a complete no-brainer to get the new kits out early and get the best use out of them in the summer, especially this year when we finished the season so well, there is optimism abound, early signings being made and generally everything is looking relatively good...typical that we seem incapable of getting even the simple things right?

Nah not just west of Scotland.
Everytime there's a crowd shot on the news from any African or Asian city it's full of guys wearing European football tops. Not restricted to kids either