Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

27 minutes ago, shull said:

Just can't help yourself being a cheeky git :o

FTOF is slow in liking it although 1 usual suspect is there. :lol:

He's right though. The strip last season, when it was finally unveiled was done so to almost unanimous praise from the supporters. 

All we needed last year and this Season was a copy of the 2012/13 Strip with very minor changes, if any.

Infact, a different Sponsor is good enough change.

Last years top should have been the Third Top just like the 135th anniversary one.

Traditional Black and White Stripes only for 1st Kit.

11 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Last seasons top was paying homage to 87 cup winners. it was a good marketing ploy. if you don't try these things you'll never know. as we all know at St.Mirren every penny is a prisoner and it's hard to come with a different top every year when you play in stripes or hoops.

I know the rationale behind the kit - I just did not initially like it. And I am all for trying out new ideas. Some work better than others and some are a total disaster (the Bib!). I doubt if I am the only supporter that has not liked every single strip that the Club has produced over the decades.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He's right though. The strip last season, when it was finally unveiled was done so to almost unanimous praise from the supporters. 

Not by me it wasn't anyway , hated it ! Hated it back in the 80s too. One of my biggest regrets is that we won the cup in 87 wearing a strip that wasn't really a St Mirren strip !

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

Not by me it wasn't anyway , hated it ! Hated it back in the 80s too. One of my biggest regrets is that we won the cup in 87 wearing a strip that wasn't really a St Mirren strip !

Absolutely correct. 

Won the Cup wearing an Ayr Unitit top. 

Disgraceful. 

Should have worn a traditional black and white striped top, especially made  for the Cup Final. 

Phoned the club yesterday afternoon and spoke to reception who advised that the strips might be in end of next week if not then start of following week.

With regards to the farce of yesterday's tweets I just wish the club had put out an update saying that the strips would be here within a week or so and on sale for say the 4th of July. Wait til the proper photo shoot has been done before releasing crappy photos of wrong strip.

I wish the club had been updating the website giving fans an update rather than silence with regards to strip release date. I would imagine practically every club in our league has their strips on sale by now. Shoddy!

The fans 'closed' day is also a farce. We still seem to be struggling with doing the basic PR stuff right.

3 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

The fans 'closed' day is also a farce. We still seem to be struggling with doing the basic PR stuff right.

Correct ! Although you wouldn't have thought that at the Smisa quiz  , last night. Great night , Directors/ex players team , management team , current players team (including new signings) and around 60 fans. Shame there wasn't a bigger turnout of members , I would hate to think that some of the current agendas flying about was the reason behind some supporters non-attendance !

2 hours ago, shull said:

All we needed last year and this Season was a copy of the 2012/13 Strip with very minor changes, if any.

Infact, a different Sponsor is good enough change.

Last years top should have been the Third Top just like the 135th anniversary one.

Traditional Black and White Stripes only for 1st Kit.

3rd top ? Would have thought you would have that down as ripping fans off . 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

3rd top ? Would have thought you would have that down as ripping fans off . 

For special occasions, like anniversaries only 

And hopefully at a reduced rate. 

6 hours ago, billyg said:

I seem to remember that in 1959, another cup winning season, we played in virtually all white!

12 minutes ago, smcc said:

I seem to remember that in 1959, another cup winning season, we played in virtually all white!

Correct although they changed to stripes for the final. Played the 62 final in a white shirt. Won the 67/68 league with a white shirt with thin black stripes.

There have been plenty of seasons when the team haven't played in a "traditional" shirt.

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Like it or loathe it, at least the new kit is bespoke.

Here is the Saintees kit for the forthcoming season

st_johnstone_2017_2018_joma_home_away_ki

and this is Breadalbane Amateurs, who play in the Perthshire Amateur league, from last season.

IMG_0364.thumb.JPG.61aaebe27397cf63554ee

How are St Johnstone going to get on in away games at Rugby Park? Sometimes you have to wonder at some people's thought patterns. For example....

1. We've got millions of people looking at Glasgow for the opening ceremony - I know, let's blow up some shitey tower blocks.

2. Our home kit is blue and white - I know, let's make the away kit white and blue.

3. Let's have an open day - I know, let's restrict it to season ticket holders.

In all seriousness, what the fcuk went on at those meetings? Class A substances?

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

How are St Johnstone going to get on in away games at Rugby Park?

The away shirt being a negative of the home kit apart, I was highlighting that the kit supplied by Joma to the Saintess is, quite literally, a pub league kit.

In 93/94 when we had this as an away kit

A1993-94.jpg

at an away game v Dunfermline the ref wouldn't allow Saints to wear that so they had to run out to a local sports shop and buy a full set of all sky blue kit.

Have you seen Sellick's change kit?

2017-2018-scotland-celtic-soccer-jerseys

what are they going to wear away to Hibs?

Correct ! Although you wouldn't have thought that at the Smisa quiz  , last night. Great night , Directors/ex players team , management team , current players team (including new signings) and around 60 fans. Shame there wasn't a bigger turnout of members , I would hate to think that some of the current agendas flying about was the reason behind some supporters non-attendance !

I agree, it was a great night but it crossed my mind too that the incessant criticism of SMiSA that is going on might have affected the attendance.