Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Showed my wife pictures of the strip in today's PDE, and she said that it just looks like most of the other ones we've had and at least it's not pink.

I then told her about all the melodramatic roaring and greeting about it and she said "FFS, they're grown men, don't they have more important things in their lives?". :lol:

Sums it up quite nicely.

Ah , female logic. Dont understand what is important to us footy fans yet get their knickers in a twist if their favorite soap character gets written out or Next dont do that top "in their size!" 

Dontya just love-em  :rolleyes::wink::whistle

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ah , female logic. Dont understand what is important to us footy fans yet get their knickers in a twist if their favorite soap character gets written out or Next dont do that top "in their size!" 

Dontya just love-em  :rolleyes::wink::whistle

A bit like the male angst on here about whether and XXL or an XL in our new strips will fit them or not and/or whether they're available to strut about a tourist resort, with not a football pitch/stadium within miles,on their holidays?:whistle

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, but don't grown men have more important things in their lives than watching other grown men kick a bag of wind into a big net in the first place?

She's quite happy about that, as it gets me out of the house most Saturdays afternoons.:lol:

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A bit like the male angst on here about whether and XXL or an XL in our new strips will fit them or not and/or whether they're available to strut about a tourist resort, with not a football pitch/stadium within miles,on their holidays?:whistle

Have you actually seen the average footy fan abroad on hols ?  I dont think they care a jot whether it fits or not !! :P

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Bummer for the Sevco fan on the foreign holiday catwalk this summer... Oh, that kit is SO last year's look dahling...

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

... and they couldn't even glue that one centrally in the white stripe. :lol:

Yeah, that annoys me as well.

So easy to get right, but the badge has been in 3 different positions depending on the image (preview/presentation/joma marketing).

Hopefully those on sale are consistent and positioned properly. 

We are very happy to announce that for the first time in many years the Club Shop will be selling the St. Mirren Football strip and training wear! We have received a small initial order with the bulk of the order to follow in the next 2 weeks.

We have expanded the Club Shop to ensure that there is plenty of room for all the new kit and leisurewear we will be stocking. To ensure that all the monies from the kit go straight back to the Club we have introduced a second till point which will exclusively be for the purchase of kits and training wear.

The pre-orders for this year’s kit are currently being taken at the St. Mirren E-Store: https://www.stmirren.com/estore and the kit will be on sale in the Club Shop as of tomorrow, Friday 30th June at 10am. Any pre-orders that do not require shirt printing will also be able to be collected from the Club Shop tomorrow. We are still awaiting delivery of shorts and socks so these will not be available for collection tomorrow, but if your order included a strip you will be able to collect it. When your order is ready for collection or postage you will receive an email informing you. If collecting from the shop please bring along your order number.

For those of you who will be placing orders requiring delivery from both the St. Mirren E-Store and the Club Shop, we have placed a “Package with my Club Shop/E-Store Order” delivery option to ensure that you will not be charged delivery for orders that are placed within the same time frame from both online stores.

We look forward to welcoming you to the new improved shop and we thank you for your continued support

I dont like that, not at all. I thought the strong plain red strip last year suited us perfectly and somehow our performances grew and strengthened wearing it towards the end of the season. That strip wont help us, not one bit....shouldn't make any difference of course but we remember how the bib lost us all momentum and inertia after the cup win in 87 and GAINED us ridicule and mockery....those red checks are down there with the bib/

Edited by farmer john
added point

5 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

If so, whoever ok'd this has fecked up big time.

In your opinion. Its all subjective.

Its a bit different, without trying to be too outrageously out there.

The home strip should always be a pretty straightforward black and white striped affair, but there is a bit of scope to be different with the 2nd strip.

Quite how some folk seem to be so outraged by a fitba tap is more bizarre to me than the style of the item itself is ever likely to be.

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

In your opinion. Its all subjective.

Its a bit different, without trying to be too outrageously out there.

The home strip should always be a pretty straightforward black and white striped affair, but there is a bit of scope to be different with the 2nd strip.

Quife how some folk seem to be so outraged by a fitba tap is more bizarre to me than the style if the item itself is ever likely to be.

Fcuking booo! The Sequel. :D

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You have issues. Seek help.... I suggest SpecSavers. :P

You don't like it. I get that.  Abomination, though?

Maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age, but I really can't be so moved by the look of a fitba strip.

I genuinely think it looks fine. I don't love it, but its perfectly awright.