Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

IMG_1498822525.234154.jpg

Get it off Jomas website then Iron the badge on and save yourself thirty quid emoji28.png

IMG_1498822553.841578.jpg

Also that post on the Facebook page raised a chuckle.

Yes. This is exactly what teams like Hamilton, Morton, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd have been doing with their kits for years with Nike and Adidas. 

You're hardly diving down the rabbit hole here and uncovering some sort of new scam. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yes. This is exactly what teams like Hamilton, Morton, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd have been doing with their kits for years with Nike and Adidas. 

You're hardly delving down the rabbit hole here and uncovering some sort of new scam. :lol:

Decades in fact , and bigger clubs than them too . I ran teams for 20 years and we had new sets of strips every season , the prices we paid were a fraction of what club supporters were paying for the exact same strip !

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You're hardly diving down the rabbit hole here and uncovering some sort of new scam. :lol:

Ha I don't have an issue with it at all, my days of buying football strips are behind me.  Seems it's got a lot of our younger fans in a tizzy right enough.

It is a tad amusing that there is ammy teams playing in the exact same kit right enough.

Certainly a lot snugger than anything from JD, good grief.

It is indeed. Bought a large for myself and it felt almost skin-tight. I let my brother try it on - he's built like a rake and it fit perfectly...

Went back and swapped it for a 2XL which is slightly baggy on me. Currently wearing it and it's nice and comfy!!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

IMG_1498822525.234154.jpg

Get it off Jomas website then Iron the badge on and save yourself thirty quid emoji28.png

IMG_1498822553.841578.jpg

Also that post on the Facebook page raised a chuckle.

Aye, save yourself £30 and relieve the club of some much needed income. Well said - ya throbber... :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Aye, save yourself £30 and relieve the club of some much needed income. Well said - ya throbber... :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's plenty of our fans who need the money more than our club do. 

Any excuse for personal abuse though :lol:

In a previous post I said I'd finished mumping my gums about the kits - and I have, nothing more to say about the designs. A question though? What's the problem in any of us, either for or against the kits having discussions on here about them? I put the question to those in the 'it's laughable, grown men... it's just a strip, who gives a fcuk' camp... clearly they give something of a fcuk, otherwise they wouldn't comment. I don't see the harm in it - any more than discussing the scoreboard when it first arrived, or the Celtic shop sign, or when the dome deflated, or, or...

Been a lively discussion IMHO. Nought' wrong with that surely?

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'm sure there's plenty of our fans who need the money more than our club do. 

Any excuse for personal abuse though :lol:

Fans buy their club kits - it's part of supporting the club. Not that you'd know much about that. I'll leave you to spin your own little agendas, and laugh as usual when you're shown up for what you are. :wink:

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In a previous post I said I'd finished mumping my gums about the kits - and I have, nothing more to say about the designs. A question though? What's the problem in any of us, either for or against the kits having discussions on here about them? I put the question to those in the 'it's laughable, grown men... it's just a strip, who gives a fcuk' camp... clearly they give something of a fcuk, otherwise they wouldn't comment. I don't see the harm in it - any more than discussing the scoreboard when it first arrived, or the Celtic shop sign, or when the dome deflated, or, or...

I've said my piece about the strips, and also that it's not the most important thing in terms of the club. Some seem to look down on fans who either discuss the strips or who buy them. A grown man buying a football kit - the shame...

They know who they are...

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Fans buy their club kits - it's part of supporting the club. Not that you'd know much about that. I'll leave you to spin your own little agendas, and laugh as usual when you're shown up for what you are. :wink:

Super fan card being played now, house! :lol:

Just now, Soctty said:

I've said my piece about the strips, and also that it's not the most important thing in terms of the club. Some seem to look down on fans who either discuss the strips or who buy them. A grown man buying a football kit - the shame...

They know who they are...

We should all be ashamed. Strips, scoreboards, drummers in W1, pie quality, the cut height of Tommy Doc's lawnmower...

Disgrace!

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

'Clueless numpty with an agenda' card being played.

I don't do bingo unfortunately - I leave that to old women... :ph34r:

Back to the name calling...

How about you just call me a name and a rubbish St Mirren supporter all in one go, get it all out?

:lol:

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As faraway will tell anyone who is daft enough to pay him any heed, I've been guilty of OTT posts reactions on here. Without a doubt.

Point being, when you indulge in such, you need to expect to be called out for it. Forum etiquette and all that.

I do find it a bit odd that some folk get so hot under the collar about strip designs (despite the high-tech wicking materials used in modern fitba gear). It makes me chuckle, so I will have a wee, gentle pop.

The deal is, though, that I need to accept that it is fair game for anyone to have a pop at me as they choose. Just so long as it doesn't cross a line (yes, I've been guilty of that too) or become grindingly tedious then it doesn't really do any harm, and can add to the fun.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

As faraway will tell anyone who is daft enough to pay him any heed, I've been guilty of OTT posts reactions on here. Without a doubt.

Point being, when you indulge in such, you need to expect to be called out for it. Forum etiquette and all that.

I do find it a bit odd that some folk get so hot under the collar about strip designs (despite the high-tech wicking materials used in modern fitba gear). It makes me chuckle, so I will have a wee, gentle pop.

The deal is, though, that I need to accept that it is fair game for anyone to have a pop at me as they choose. Just so long as it doesn't cross a line (yes, I've been guilty of that too) or become grindingly tedious then it doesn't really do any harm, and can add to the fun.

Fair comments. I do realise I've been a right wee Gok Wan drama queen. I take the criticism heading my way square on the chops. I won't apologise for posting about the kits though. My career was in design, and I was lucky enough to get to design four St Mirren strips - so rightly or wrongly, it's a subject that is very interesting to me.

My defence rests. M'Lud. :P

34 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

No, but they have some decent badged trackie trousers for £20, a quarter zip top which is £23 and a polo shirt. All decent and reasonably priced.

Cheers Frank. Much appreciated. I'll have a look on Tuesday night if the shop is open.