Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

My missus is trying to buy or at least order me a new home top, first one in years but its not showing in the online store.  Anyone know why this might be?  I would have at least expected them to be there with a wait list?

I could be wrong here but I believe it's because they are all sold out....Poor. Very poor.

17 minutes ago, jpmslither said:

I could be wrong here but I believe it's because they are all sold out....Poor. Very poor.

I think it's great they're all sold out. It means they're popular.

I've been trying to purchase a specific type of shorts for my holiday in two different shops. Both have been sold out in my size (32 waist, before any of the fat bastard comments arise) in the shop and online for the past two weeks. One of the shops is M & S. If they can't get it right...............................

Unfortunately, things sell out.

The measure of Joma will be how quickly they replace their stock.

I think it's great they're all sold out. It means they're popular.
I've been trying to purchase a specific type of shorts for my holiday in two different shops. Both have been sold out in my size (32 waist, before any of the fat bastard comments arise) in the shop and online for the past two weeks. One of the shops is M & S. If they can't get it right...............................
 Unfortunately, things sell out.
The measure of Joma will be how quickly they replace their stock.

M&S will have thousands of other items to sell to help build that profit line. The home top is the number one line the shop sells and it's not even close.

Just saying that running out of the top after a week isn't great. It's great that it's popular but weren't they expecting it to sell well? Feel good factor around the club is high. Season ticket sales doing well. Surely not a surprise the home top is selling well?

12 minutes ago, jpmslither said:

M&S will have thousands of other items to sell to help build that profit line. The home top is the number one line the shop sells and it's not even close.

Just saying that running out of the top after a week isn't great. It's great that it's popular but weren't they expecting it to sell well? Feel good factor around the club is high. Season ticket sales doing well. Surely not a surprise the home top is selling well?

It isn't down to what the club ordered though, it's what Joma were able to provide in the first delivery....the club put out a statement earlier in the week saying that the initial stock wouldn't satisfy demand.

It isn't down to what the club ordered though, it's what Joma were able to provide in the first delivery....the club put out a statement earlier in the week saying that the initial stock wouldn't satisfy demand.

Yeah I get that. By why? All I'm saying is Joma make football tops. It's what they do. And they ran out in week 1. Now whatever way you look at it from a business point of view to run out straight away isn't good. I'd say the club would sell more tops in week 1 than any other week.

Could always buy the away top I suppose[emoji6]

The Mrs whent down on Friday but could only get my sons size all other sizes sold out.hope to get it on monday but hope to get it for going on holiday in 2 weeks time.to many old firm tops on show in Spain.plus I've never scene so many people walking around with Celtic tops on, in and around Glasgow (xscape,braehead,silverburn)let's stock the shop and drown them out with a sea of black and white.

23 hours ago, shull said:

Billyg will know one way or another. 

B) We had three strips in season 72/73 , the Ajax style , the stripes , and the Scotland home strip (Dark Blue , White , Red ). In Gordon McQueen's last home game for us v Dunfermline we wore the Scotland strip  , and lost !

1 hour ago, jpmslither said:

Yeah I get that. By why? All I'm saying is Joma make football tops. It's what they do. And they ran out in week 1. Now whatever way you look at it from a business point of view to run out straight away isn't good. I'd say the club would sell more tops in week 1 than any other week.

Could always buy the away top I supposeemoji6.png

Again that isn't down to the club though, they can only sell what is delivered. From Joma's side they'd maybe point to a shorter, than normal, lead up due to the timing of the JD decision to go our separate ways and Saints arranging Joma as kit supplier. That is purely speculation on my part to be fair.

14 minutes ago, billyg said:

B) We had three strips in season 72/73 , the Ajax style , the stripes , and the Scotland home strip (Dark Blue , White , Red ). In Gordon McQueen's last home game for us v Dunfermline we wore the Scotland strip  , and lost !

I knew I wisnae dreaming.

And I knew Billy would know. 

Again that isn't down to the club though, they can only sell what is delivered. From Joma's side they'd maybe point to a shorter, than normal, lead up due to the timing of the JD decision to go our separate ways and Saints arranging Joma as kit supplier. That is purely speculation on my part to be fair.

Yes. Agree. And again I'm not and haven't said it's the clubs fault. I'm just saying from a business POV its poor.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Personally, I can't see that as an excuse as, although they couldn't issue them, Joma knew they were taking over and, as such, could have had everything in place ages ago. Or are you suggesting they wouldn't have storage space for, circa, 2000 tops and/or kits?

Walked past Seedhill playing fields a short time ago, a couple of young guys in a team of black and white stripe clad shirts wearing the new top.

As I said on the periscope thread, the shirt would be excellent if it weren't for the side panels and the jaggy bits. With them, it's a bit "meh".

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Personally, I can't see that as an excuse as, although they couldn't issue them, Joma knew they were taking over and, as such, could have had everything in place ages ago. Or are you suggesting they wouldn't have storage space for, circa, 2000 tops and/or kits?

I'm not really suggesting anything other than it's not the clubs fault that the initial delivery didn't meet demand.....I gave a speculative excuse, with no foundation, on behalf of Joma as nothing other than their possible defence

I was speaking with both Gordon Scott and Campbell Kennedy a couple of weeks before the launch. 

As far as I recall, the club were to receive an initial delivery for the launch. Thereafter, the shirts would be delivered in batches of up to 500 with a lead in time of 14days from order.

Both were very positive about the dealings with Joma.

Sounds like the new kit has been a resounding success with fans. Wouldn't be like us if we didn't have a meltdown about something. Great to see all the kit at the club shop, available for fans to buy at the ground. Pretty sure the next batch will sell out just as quickly given the demand, so perhaps that will be a slightly larger batch?

Great stuff all round, even if I personally am not a huge fan of the home kit. :wink:

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Sounds like the new kit has been a resounding success with fans. Wouldn't be like us if we didn't have a meltdown about something. Great to see all the kit at the club shop, available for fans to buy at the ground. Pretty sure the next batch will sell out just as quickly given the demand, so perhaps that will be a slightly larger batch?

Great stuff all round, even if I personally am not a huge fan of the home kit. :wink:

This. I hope it sells shitloads, the shop has sufficient stock and sizes to meet demand, the quality is decent and bits of it don't fall off after one wash. Every St Mirren fan should hope for this no matter their opinion on the designs.

There's an item on the OS referring to folk having issues with the badges on both kits?

If this is indeed the case, my flabber has well and truly been ghasted that there hasn't been at least 17 pages of posts about it on here....:o

ETA - https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/958-kit-update

Edited by Drew

The Mrs whent down on Friday but could only get my sons size all other sizes sold out.hope to get it on monday but hope to get it for going on holiday in 2 weeks time.to many old firm tops on show in Spain.plus I've never scene so many people walking around with Celtic tops on, in and around Glasgow (xscape,braehead,silverburn)let's stock the shop and drown them out with a sea of black and white.

Currently on holiday in mainland Spain and there are several Celtic strips on display everyday. The Celtic shop must sell some amount of stock, the figures for shirt sales must be see Celtic inside the top 20 even 10 in Europe . In Britian only a handful of English clubs will sell more than them.

Will hopefully pop down on my return from holiday and buy myself the home top for playing at the dome on Wednesdays and get my son the full kit for his birthday. Over £100 just like that.