Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

Any more info from club about badges falling off? Brothers top has been washed for the first time and the badge is hanging off. 

I got a refund on my away shirt. I'm awaiting home shirts in XXL being back on stock so I can exchange, but like you I'd like assurances about the badge.

St Mirren - What a fecking laughing stock. 

When it comes to Kit they are a disgrace and useless. 

We are talking Football Shirts at FORTY FIVE FECKING POUNDS a pop. 

Not 3 for 10 pounds T Shirts from Primark which probably last longer. 

St Amateurs FC 

Any more info from club about badges falling off? Brothers top has been washed for the first time and the badge is hanging off. 

Really need a comment from the club and Joma, not a good start to our 'Technical Partnership' with Joma. A few mates who are Jags fans have said Joma kits can be a bit iffy

THE CLUB HAS TO DITCH JOMA NOW. 
Just wear last Season's pishy Strip till we get something better organised 

I wish it was that simple but the contracts in place don't generally allow a clause to break for Quality issues, unless issues continue and not rectified to the satisfaction of both parties (club and kit supplier) but for the club and Joma to be keeping silent isn't good

I would have thought that potential suppliers would be only too happ for the club to have a sample shirt sent to them so that basic tests such as stability under washing them can be looked at before signing a large and lengthy contract.

As a minimum I would expect to be able to test such a sample for colour fading, fabric integrity, shrinkage etc. before signing any contract.

On 7/13/2017 at 2:44 PM, whydowebother said:

Managed to get to speak to someone on the phone today in the club shop after 4 attempts.

Wish i hadn't bothered, I won't go as far to say she was rude , but certainly could not be bothered with the call or to answer my questions ( which were related to strips / age / availability )

Pain in the arse trying, not going to bother :(

Interestingly, stories like this are the reason why I have yet to hire employees into my company,

Your story can be told a thousand times in a thousand different shops up and down the country involving staff who simply cannot understand or care about what true customer service is. Maybe low pay is to blame but I have never personally been in a job where I used the pay to excuse poor performance (and I have been in some crappy jobs in my day).

Imagine the effort you go to as a business owner to get things up and running, the cost of setting up, risking your own money etc.

You then employ someone. Pay their wages, sick pay, holiday pay, pension, national insurance and taxes and this is how they repay you. I need to go and calm down :D

Edited by oaksoft

I would have thought that potential suppliers would be only too happ for the club to have a sample shirt sent to them so that basic tests such as stability under washing them can be looked at before signing a large and lengthy contract.
As a minimum I would expect to be able to test such a sample for colour fading, fabric integrity, shrinkage etc. before signing any contract.

A lot of clubs don't bother with samples, they get they specifications, which are full of gubbins regarding anti-chafing, fabric wicking ability etc and testing regarding the performance and quality is left to the supplier, and sadly the quality of replica kit can be woeful. Time for club and Joma to start talking

The club would have had a sample. The issue is from my theory is that, with the short period between the new kit supplier deal being agreed then the short time frame to turn around a batch of kits in time for the end of June. The JD deal had only expired 3 weeks prior to the new top coming out.
The away top catalogue selected, guaranteed a quicker return in production than a customised top would have as Poz and fans council members could confirm, designs are usually signed off mid way through a season for the next (oct/nov).
The issue with the badges has been an unfortunate event out of our hands. Joma supply supply kits to teams in the Spanish top flight as well as Swansea and other big teams across the globe so they are a big name.
The issue that I have gathered is that not enough heat has been applied during the process of applying the badges, possibly a part of production that Joma pass on to a 3rd party to do.

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

The club would have had a sample. The issue is from my theory is that, with the short period between the new kit supplier deal being agreed then the short time frame to turn around a batch of kits in time for the end of June. The JD deal had only expired 3 weeks prior to the new top coming out.
The away top catalogue selected, guaranteed a quicker return in production than a customised top would have as Poz and fans council members could confirm, designs are usually signed off mid way through a season for the next (oct/nov).
The issue with the badges has been an unfortunate event out of our hands. Joma supply supply kits to teams in the Spanish top flight as well as Swansea and other big teams across the globe so they are a big name.
The issue that I have gathered is that not enough heat has been applied during the process of applying the badges, possibly a part of production that Joma pass on to a 3rd party to do.

Just stick the tops and the badges on this forum!

then you'll have all the (heat) you can handle....

that said went to order home top online for a birthday present, no tops available tomorder online except baby size kits. Rang up shop to order on phone and went through the process that drives me mad, but is music to the ears of millions of scammers the world over who have the nous to switch record on their phone.

person taking order over phone in shop with customers in "can you spell your name and address, yip so J.O.H.N S.M.I.T.H... and address 22 Murray St.... its a visa card you say? Long number across the middle... 1234 5678 9012 3456 great and the last three digits on the back 1.2.3..... thanks mr Smith we will get that out to you today"

puts phone down.... "where did the guy holding the full kit,  basket of merchandise and mobile phone go.... oh hang on theres someone on the phone with another order... whats your name sir.... Smith..? Were you no just in the shop? Oh i see you think its such good value you want to spend a few hundred quid more.. great, now what were you card details again, you cant be too careful"

and after all that they sent the wrong size top.... ffs

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Steady on folks. If you criticise the kits some might brand you a Booooooooo boy.

Someone give me a nudge when St Mirren enter into a partnership with a 'technical supplier' who are fit for purpose.

Have we had a recent supplier whose strips didn't present any problems for the buyer? 

I remember us having problems with Hummel a few years back, and obviously JD's failings have been well documented again, and again, and again......................:rolleyes:

I have been buying 3 T Shirts for a Tenner from Primark every year. 

Never had a problem. 

Wash like a dream. 

Fit perfectly 

Now back to our 45 Pound Disasters. 

Just stick the tops and the badges on this forum!

then you'll have all the (heat) you can handle....

that said went to order home top online for a birthday present, no tops available tomorder online except baby size kits. Rang up shop to order on phone and went through the process that drives me mad, but is music to the ears of millions of scammers the world over who have the nous to switch record on their phone.

person taking order over phone in shop with customers in "can you spell your name and address, yip so J.O.H.N S.M.I.T.H... and address 22 Murray St.... its a visa card you say? Long number across the middle... 1234 5678 9012 3456 great and the last three digits on the back 1.2.3..... thanks mr Smith we will get that out to you today"

puts phone down.... "where did the guy holding the full kit,  basket of merchandise and mobile phone go.... oh hang on theres someone on the phone with another order... whats your name sir.... Smith..? Were you no just in the shop? Oh i see you think its such good value you want to spend a few hundred quid more.. great, now what were you card details again, you cant be too careful"

and after all that they sent the wrong size top.... ffs

What a load of absolute tinfoil hat nonsense. As if some scammer is going to be standing in the middle of the St Mirren shop scrambling to hit record on their phone [emoji23]

Guest TPAFKATS
Have we had a recent supplier whose strips didn't present any problems for the buyer? 
I remember us having problems with Hummel a few years back, and obviously JD's failings have been well documented again, and again, and again......................:rolleyes:

Hummel strips were great, never had a problem with the home top. Still wearable for 5s and in perfect condition.

Guest TPAFKATS
What a load of absolute tinfoil hat nonsense. As if some scammer is going to be standing in the middle of the St Mirren shop scrambling to hit record on their phone [emoji23]

And obviously they are then going to give their address for the scammed goods to be sent to [emoji3]