Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Did I not say for the Club to ditch Joma ?

No you just said St Mirren are amateurs and seemed to say this is all St Mirrens fault. Just your normal about absolutely everything and anything St Mirren related..

It's boring if people aren't slating our club? :lol:

Aside from having kits out in April (I'd like the team to reveal and wear the following season's kit in the final home game of the preceeding season, followed by the public launch in early to mid May), then I cannot find anything to disagree with here.

Cannot do that if A. The sponsor is changing and B. You have to register your kits with spfl for the season

3 minutes ago, rea said:

Cannot do that if A. The sponsor is changing and B. You have to register your kits with spfl for the season

They must have different rules in England then, several clubs play a final game of the current season in the kit they will be sporting the following season. Anyway, that's merely something I would personally like to see happen, if it cannot because of Scottish football rules, then clearly it will not happen - unless Lawell says Celtic are going to do it and play in a special edition Lisbon Lions 50 years and a few months celebration jersey. Bet it would happen then. :P

OK, if the club cannot do a big reveal and play a game in an upcoming kit - what can they do about shoddy quality control issues and poor supply lines with a kit partnership barely a month old? Surely you enter into such a deal with requirements that must be met - and two such requirements surely must be that the supplier actually supplies, and the item they are supplying is fit for purpose.

In the good old days the kit was always revealed at the club annual dinner then the kit would be available a week before the first game. Why can't we go back to doing something well. We only seem to be getting worse with the kits. The quality is always going to be poor as it's made to the cheapest cost because we do not sell enough to go for the quality kits. The value against profit argument profit is always going to win.

In the good old days the kit was always revealed at the club annual dinner then the kit would be available a week before the first game. Why can't we go back to doing something well. We only seem to be getting worse with the kits. The quality is always going to be poor as it's made to the cheapest cost because we do not sell enough to go for the quality kits. The value against profit argument profit is always going to win.

Think of it as value v how many new signings do you want.

JD deal was worth at least 2 players more...good players btw.

Assume Joma deal is even better

16 minutes ago, rea said:

Think of it as value v how many new signings do you want.

JD deal was worth at least 2 players more...good players btw.

Assume Joma deal is even better

The St Mirren Shop has no St Mirren Strips for sale.

Those  that they did have, the badges fell off.

The children will be finishing their Summer Holidays shortly while wearing last season's Kit.

Who cares about 2 extra players who more than likely are shite.

FANS WANT THEIR REPLICA STRIPS

The St Mirren Shop has no St Mirren Strips for sale.
Those  that they did have, the badges fell off.
The children will be finishing their Summer Holidays shortly while wearing last season's Kit.
Who cares about 2 extra players who more than likely are shite.
FANS WANT THEIR REPLICA STRIPS

I suspect u care more than you say about extra players

Home top received (late) but have been waiting on an away top and black socks since I pre-ordered. 

Got the socks delivered with a polite not saying that they were "aware that I'm still waiting on socks, working with Joma blah blah. "

Eh, no. You just sent me the socks, I'm still waiting on an away top. 

Tried calling, no answer. Have emailed, no reply.

Wee fella loves the away top as well, he's well looking forward to getting it. 

It's great that we have tried to bring it all in house but we are making a bit of a meal of it. Hopefully it will improve quickly. 

Edited by davidg

I feel sorry for the club because they'll ultimately get the flack and a club of our size are likely not equipped to deal with the fall out of what has been Joma's making. It seems like most people realise this is the case though and don't hammer our club for it... most people.

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I feel sorry for the club because they'll ultimately get the flack and a club of our size are likely not equipped to deal with the fall out of what has been Joma's making. It seems like most people realise this is the case though and don't hammer our club for it... most people.

Our Club signed a Contract with Joma 

Our Club signed a Contract with JD Sport

Both shite 

Our Amateur Club to blame 

30 minutes ago, rea said:

I suspect u care more than you say about extra players

Extra players like Gow, Carswell , Hutton , etc  :lol:

The Children keep asking for their new St Mirren Strips before fecking Winter sets in.

Isn't it possible for St Mirren to have an adequate amount of players in the squad, and, at the same time, have signed a kit deal with a technical supplier who can successfully meet demand and have them manufactured to an acceptable standard?

I know, I know, it's crazy talk to expect this. Mental.

Home top received (late) but have been waiting on an away top and black socks since I pre-ordered. 
Got the socks delivered with a polite not saying that they were "aware that I'm still waiting on socks, working with Joma blah blah. "
Eh, no. You just sent me the socks, I'm still waiting on an away top. 
Tried calling, no answer. Have emailed, no reply.
Wee fella loves the away top as well, he's well looking forward to getting it. 
It's great that we have tried to bring it all in house but we are making a bit of a meal of it. Hopefully it will improve quickly. 

All away tops were sent back, but obviously it shouldn't be me who is releasing that info on a forum at stupid o'clock.

Isn't it possible for St Mirren to have an adequate amount of players in the squad, and, at the same time, have signed a kit deal with a technical supplier who can successfully meet demand and have them manufactured to an acceptable standard?
I know, I know, it's crazy talk to expect this. Mental.

It is but contracts are only as good as those willing to enforce their terms

6 hours ago, rea said:

Nope like Teale and Thompson

Aye, along with Lapsley and Tottie Beck.

The Children want to  wear the Strips of their heroes.

Are St Mirren condoning and happy that  Joma seem to making Tops deliberately smaller than they should be ?

Meaning an average size 12 year old boy has to pay for an ADULT SIZE TOP  ( £45) rather than for a CHILD SIZE TOP (£32) 

Aye, along with Lapsley and Tottie Beck.
The Children want to  wear the Strips of their heroes.
Are St Mirren condoning and happy that  Joma seem to making Tops deliberately smaller than they should be ?
Meaning an average size 12 year old boy has to pay for an ADULT SIZE TOP  ( £45) rather than for a CHILD SIZE TOP (£32) 

I missed your post on the sizes shull. Is it more than one size up? Looking at the Stoke site yesterday, I know Macron have the issue with XL being more like L so an adult needs to go one size up. That's obviously on the old assumption that 44-46 is XL aa used to be the case for us pre-Joma and 44-46 is XL for Adidas usually. I'd assume then that a few suppliers would have the same style of issue with kids sizes. Does appear nonsense though that a 12 year old needs an adult top.

If we beat Falkirk in the first game of the season I couldn't give a f**k about the replica kits. If we lose, however, I'll be on here all night winding up Shull about the lack of quality and its impact on our season.........[emoji849]

42 minutes ago, DLBud said:

If we beat Falkirk in the first game of the season I couldn't give a f**k about the replica kits. If we lose, however, I'll be on here all night winding up Shull about the lack of quality and its impact on our season.........emoji849.png

My wee yin will be delighted if we beat Falkirk and will be even more thrilled if she can wear a new Saints Top to the next match. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

A few on here have complained that Sizes seem smaller than they should be, although doesnt matter if all are adults as they are the same price. 

She will be 9 next month and will need a 13/14 year Top. 

Next year when 10, she may need an Adult Size. 

Bloody hope not.