Halfway Through His Managerial Reign At St Mirren How Do You Think Jack Ross Is Doing?

Jack has been in post for one month now. Going by previous appointments he might not be halfway through his tenure after 4 weeks in the job, maybe more like one sixth of his time.

So far I think he has handled interviews well, the tea showed signs of improvement against Dundee United but results have not been good and the last 2 performances have been poor. I'm finding some of his team selections hard to fathom as well, such as dropping most of our goal scorers.

Can Jack survive if we lose to Dumbarton? ;-) Can we stick by him if after 6 league games his points tally pales next to Alex Rae's 3 points from 6 league matches.

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Jack has been in post for one month now. Going by previous appointments he might not be halfway through his tenure after 4 weeks in the job, maybe more like one sixth of his time.

So far I think he has handled interviews well, the tea showed signs of improvement against Dundee United but results have not been good and the last 2 performances have been poor. I'm finding some of his team selections hard to fathom as well, such as dropping most of our goal scorers.

Can Jack survive if we lose to Dumbarton? ;-) Can we stick by him if after 6 league games his points tally pales next to Alex Rae's 3 points from 6 league matches.

I get f*cking ignored for posting less shite than this Thread. :lol:

Just now, whydowebother said:

Not entirely sure, a possible Celtic fan on his way home ?

I heard the words 'hail' & 'taxi' :P

He was probably sampling the improved tea, I wonder if he realises the reason for the improvement is it is laced with whiskey. 

Anyway, my OP wasn't a call for Ross to be sacked after 3 league games in charge. We have had a number of very short appointments; Tommy Craig got off to a similar start and lasted until December in his only season, Teale was appointed at the end of January and out of a job by May, Murray lasted the same length of time as Craig, Spalding had about 4 months as assistant manager.

I hope Jack Ross turns out to be a very successful appointment (we are overdue one), it was always a punt to appoint someone who has had less than one year as a manager and whose 2 achievements to date were overseeing a great start to Alloa's season this year and being in charge as they were relegated last season.

2 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Jack Ross is going nowhere and is here for the long term even if we go down I don't believe that will change that.

I was championing Calderwood from the start but Jack got the job and I am 100% behind him and know he is a long term appointment

I'm not sure that if Jack Ross was in charge when we got relegated that he would be seen as the man for the job. He took over with 28 league games still to play, and inherited a club 2 points adrift of part-time Dumbarton, 3 behind newly-promoted Dunfermline, and 4 points behind part-time Ayr. I am all for setting realistic goals but I don't think it is expecting too much to say full-time St Mirren should be able to finish ahead of those teams by the end of the season if the new management team can get the players playing near the potential most weeks.

To be honest DOP this thread is totally unnecessary.

It's easy to see you are not particularly keen on the sacking of Rae and the appointment of Ross.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the Ross decision amidst all the slavering that was going on, but everyone's entitled to their view but this type of thread, when there are plenty of other Ross related threads to state your views, is utter bollox.

Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Lets drink to that.

I  really hope JR and Fowler get the assistance to make changes, even if, dare to say it, we go down. Our club has been mis or not managed for years.

JR played for Saints, he knows what it means and I am confident that L O N G  term he will be a success.

DOP's post was actually tongue in cheek but as we would expect on here, our mood is somewhat grumpy.

But I still suggest we ignore Shull, especially when he posts that Supersaints will thump Sons with a Shankland hatrick, no doubt 2 goals scored by his fat arse !!

• 3 weeks later...

7 weeks since our last point in the league. Our league record since Alex Rae's departure:

24th September: Dunfermline 4, St Mirren 3

1st October: St Mirren 1, Falkirk 1

--------------------------------------------------- Jack Ross appointed ---------------------------

15th October: St Mirren 0, Dundee United 2

29th October: Hibernian 2, St Mirren 0

1st November: Morton 3, St Mirren 1

5th November: St Mirren 0, Dumbarton 1

19th November: St Mirren 0, Dunfermline 1

To have scored 1 league goal in 5 games must be a new low for us at Championship level, while conceding 9 in the same length of time. We have had 2 home games in a row against the team sitting in 9th and failed to score in either game. We have some games against mid-table teams going up (Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Queen of the South, Ayr) and then Dundee United away on Christmas Eve and Morton on Hogmanay. Since Rae was fired the gap between ourselves and Morton has grown from 3 points to 19 points.

7 weeks since our last point in the league. Our league record since Alex Rae's departure:

24th September: Dunfermline 4, St Mirren 3

1st October: St Mirren 1, Falkirk 1

--------------------------------------------------- Jack Ross appointed ---------------------------

15th October: St Mirren 0, Dundee United 2

29th October: Hibernian 2, St Mirren 0

1st November: Morton 3, St Mirren 1

5th November: St Mirren 0, Dumbarton 1

19th November: St Mirren 0, Dunfermline 1

To have scored 1 league goal in 5 games must be a new low for us at Championship level, while conceding 9 in the same length of time. We have had 2 home games in a row against the team sitting in 9th and failed to score in either game. We have some games against mid-table teams going up (Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Queen of the South, Ayr) and then Dundee United away on Christmas Eve and Morton on Hogmanay. Since Rae was fired the gap between ourselves and Morton has grown from 3 points to 19 points.

Jack Ross had a similar record last season after he took over Alloa

When Rae was fired (after 6 league games) we were level on points with Dunfermline, 2 behind Dumbarton, 3 behind Morton,  4 behind Ayr (who had the same goal difference as us). We were 1 result from 7th!  We are now 7 behind Dumbarton, 8 behind Dunfermline, 10 behind Ayr, and 19 behind Morton. Half of Dunfermline's points this season have come from their head to heads against us. However mince people thought Rae was as a manager I do not believe we would have lost all our games to Dumbarton and Dunfermline after he was sacked had he still been around.  

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The chairman also appears to have played a blinder. We look pretty much relegated in mid-November.

Does that also include Tony who seem to be getting a easy ride but has done nothing but talk shite since his appointment ? So yes the chairman did play a blinder when he f**ked up with that appointment :huh: