Jamie Langfield

Willison at this moment in time is not the answer, he still has to develop physically to be able to be at a professional level. Gallacher from what we have seen is every bit as bad as Langfield. 

I would guess that the last thing Jack Ross wants to do in January unless he can move one of them on is to spend whatever paltry amount he is given on a goalkeeper. 

The save at the start of the 2nd half was world class then we have that clusterf**k.

I genuinely felt for Jamie today.Up until the howler he was fine and had a fantastic save to deny Fleming.No-one will need to tell him he made a horrific mistake and will be feelin awful right now.He was a Saints fan as a boy who went on to play over 400 matches for the Dons so he clearly a good keeper in my opinion and is most certainly better than Gallagher.Ross has far more urgent signings right now than to have to sign a new keep.o

I genuinely felt for Jamie today.Up until the howler he was fine and had a fantastic save to deny Fleming.No-one will need to tell him he made a horrific mistake and will be feelin awful right now.He was a Saints fan as a boy who went on to play over 400 matches for the Dons so he clearly a good keeper in my opinion and is most certainly better than Gallagher.Ross has far more urgent signings right now than to have to sign a new keep.o

I was led to believe that Langfield was a Rangers supporter from Paisley.

This is happening on a regular basis and is not a one off. Yes he pulled off a good save yesterday but he was 100% to blame for that goal and IMO the 1st goal versus Morton. He has been awful for us and is a liability.

I was led to believe that Langfield was a Rangers supporter from Paisley.

This is happening on a regular basis and is not a one off. Yes he pulled off a good save yesterday but he was 100% to blame for that goal and IMO the 1st goal versus Morton. He has been awful for us and is a liability.

I can assure you he is not a Rangers supporter.

I can assure you he is not a Rangers supporter.

I honestly don't care who our players support as long as they give 100% effort and perform to the best of their ability something I don't believe has happened with many if any of of our players this season with Langfield making howlers all over the place.

I am still speechless with disbelief and anger at Langfield's stupidity yesterday (fortunately I can still type).

Too many mistakes means we need a change at number one.

However yesterdays problems go beyond him - we couldn't score against part timers at home - so we were never getting more than one point anyway.

Also - the personal abuse Langfield was getting from certain supporters as he trudged off the pitch was completely unacceptable - he was being treated like a mass murderer as a few guys completely lost the plot. Some folk need to keep their anger within perspective and get a life.

13 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

But a striker who misses sitters in almost every game is most definitely gonnae get binned is he not?

Have I missed Langfield gifting a goal like he did yesterday, every game he's played so far?

Maybe if our strikers could put away their chances, then yesterday's mistake wouldn't have mattered.

We would also have already been one down but for his fantastic save just after half time. Although, there is no excuse at all for what was an absolutely horrific error.

Langfield is far from ideal, and I'd like a better 'keeper, but there are plenty other players, who have made mistakes which have caused us to concede goals directly as a result from that mistake or missed clear goal scoring opportunities when it was easier to score.

Edited by FTOF

Poor from Langfield yesterday but we should have won that game. The lack of goals is killing us and unless someone gets their shooting boots on we'll almost certainly go down. Easy to focus on mistakes but these wouldn't matter if the team as a whole was producing more.

35 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Poor from Langfield yesterday but we should have won that game. The lack of goals is killing us and unless someone gets their shooting boots on we'll almost certainly go down. Easy to focus on mistakes but these wouldn't matter if the team as a whole was producing more.

I agree to an extent, the midfield and strikers need to start scoring goals and ensure that the odd mistake isn't so fatal.

I refuse to believe Gallagher can be worse than Langfield. He's a poor keeper but he's not an utter incompetent like Clangers.

As for him being a Saints fan, aye right. No sign of him anywhere near the club until we made the mistake of signing him.

Mmmm that's maybe because he played for Aberdeen [emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Gallagher actually did ok last season which is why his form for us is so perplexing, I would have thought he would benefit from having a full time goal keeping coach working with him.............oh hang on :P

Honestly though Langfield needs dropped and with no other options Gallagher has to play.

I also felt for Jamie at the final whistle today, he cut a forlorn figure as he meandered toward the tunnel.  Well I would have felt for him had I not been so bloody angry!

I never wish to see him play for my team again.  His career should be over.  His kicking is as bad as anything I have ever seen, ever!  

The list of players I never wish to see again playing for my team again also includes Kyle Hutton.  Young Magennis is the future!

I also think it is time to bring young Jordan Stweart in at left back thus moving Gary Irvine to his more natural position at right back.  

Mmmm that's mane because he played for Aberdeen [emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

There's been plenty times when we've had a game and Aberdeen don't, yet no one has ever seen him at our games.
Anyhow, I dont really care who he supports. All I care about is that he is binned asap and kept well away from coaching anyone at my club.

It's a tough one really. Langfield can be a very capable keeper, but his kicking is absolutely horrific, his decision making baffling and his brain farts are nothing short of catastrophic. From what I've seen of Gallagher he's just utterly hopeless all round. So I would actually stick with Langfield but try and get him to a shrink immediately and have him practise kick outs/throw outs all week.

I'm afraid this unfortunate situation derives from Alex Rae securing the 2 most hopeless keepers in Scotland for this season.

8 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

He replied to Jamie Langfield's tweet about it being 5 years since he had life saving surgery.

He asked Jamie if he'd had a relapse on Saturday.

And he apologised.

You could have mentioned that with your breaking news.