Kyle Magennis

shull

1 minute ago, paul torfason said:

rotten news,especially with Eckersley n Quinn out,3 players missing with our small squad,worrying

Quinn has hardly featured for ages now , and is Eckersley not back in a few weeks ? 

2 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Wonder if JR thinks Dundee was worth it now. Horrible news. Looks like Kirkpatrick will be given his chance early on.

Dont get where you are coming from there ? Are you saying he may be regretting knocking back Dundee because of an injury to an 18 year old player ?

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dont get where you are coming from there ? Are you saying he may be regretting knocking back Dundee because of an injury to an 18 year old player ?

I thiught he meant whether it was worth playing them in a friendly,

He's obviously referring to the friendly.

Completely out of order the way that wee runt McCann sent his players out, probably has a chip on his shoulder since he was 2nd choice.

You want friendlies to be played in a competitive but safe manner - it's hard enough getting a good team out on the park without having them injured in friendlies.

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I thought he meant that Jack maybe shouldn't have arranged a game in the close season with a team that obviously don't know the definition of a friendly and instead kick your team all over the park. .

Obviously referring to the friendly. Not sure how you didn't get that.

Friendlies are only worth it if the players get a decent workout and remain injury free. We've now potentially lost one our first names on team sheet for a considerable length of time.

8 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Friendlies are only worth it if the players get a decent workout and remain injury free. We've now potentially lost one our first names on team sheet for a considerable length of time.

Injuries can happen in any game so are you saying we shouldn't play any friendlies or against teams who won't tackle hard?

How anyone is meant to foresee injuries is what I don't get.  

20 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I know Dundee were a bunch of hackers but, let's be honest,. Our players are going to have to deal with a few of them in the course of our season. Also. Kyle could have tripped over a ball in training or in the course of his normal life. Or even trained with big Thommo! We just have to hope we have the cover and/or he isn't as badly injured as we are hearing. You can't wrap players up in cotton wool.

Injuries can happen in any game so are you saying we shouldn't play any friendlies or against teams who won't tackle hard?

At the end of the game JR said it was a worthwhile exercise, the question now is does he still think it was worthwhile.

I'm not asking for your crystal ball mate.

5 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

At the end of the game JR said it was a worthwhile exercise, the question now is does he still think it was worthwhile.

I'm not asking for your crystal ball mate.

Bizzare.

Hindsight.com :blink:

Ross said he thought it was worthwhile straight after the game, did he know how serious the injury was at that time?

Maybe you should ask him if he now thinks it was worthwhile, sort of daft question but fire away.

Edited by faraway saint

Bizzare.
Ross said he thought it was worthwhile straight after the game, did he know how serious the injury was at that time?
Maybe you should ask him if he now thinks it was worthwhile, sort of daft question but fire away.

Don't know why a throwaway comment has irked you so? Really wasn't meant to spark a debate.

At the end of the day friendlies are only worthwhile if players get a run out and finish the match injury free.

Maybe you should take yourself for a walk and catch some of that sea air. Chill out.

7 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Don't know why a throwaway comment has irked you so? Really wasn't meant to spark a debate.

At the end of the day friendlies are only worthwhile if players get a run out and finish the match injury free.

Maybe you should take yourself for a walk and catch some of that sea air. Chill out.

Maybe you're right, seemed an unnecessary dig at Ross IMO.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Arranging  a friendly v Dundee was madness  in the wake of beating them in the cup , then JR publicly knocking the managers job back. McCann and the players were always going to be right up for this match. Not what we needed I'm afraid !

Just now, billyg said:

Arranging  a friendly v Dundee was madness  in the wake of beating them in the cup , then JR publicly knocking the managers job back. McCann and the players were always going to be right up for this match. Not what we needed I'm afraid !

In hindsight aye, did anybody say this before the game?

Hey ho, I happen to believe a hard friendly is better than beating diddy teams, although, obviously the injury rather kicks that theory in the nuts. :wink:

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Bizzare.

My seat is next to the dugout i heard first hand what was said it was very heated for over 10min. Jack is a diplomat when talking to the press or public. Both our manager and his assistant were not happy with the tackles going into our players I can assure you.  

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I didnt get it because i didn t get it !  Thats why i sought clarification with a question.

fwiw, i think Jack would have learnt more about his players on Tuesday than both kickabouts in the Highlands . The injury was bad luck on young kyle but lets be honest these things happen in football. 

As for players getting injured in friendlies , players get injured , even in pre match warm ups.