Director Elections

HSS

7 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I see Tony Fitzpatrick on Twitter is throwing his weight behind David Nicol.

Is Tony a member of SMISA?

I would have thought the board would/should be impartial in the election.

I would have thought so too - unless of course he is fully paid up member of SMISA and the rules allow it.

Edited by St.Ricky

The future is safe in the Fans hands

ive just read the 3 candidates mandates and watched their one minute intro clip

can I do two things - firstly thanking each of the candidates for putting themselves forward to represent the fans and secondary recognise the high quality and skill sets each candidate would bring to the post

finally if there is anyone on black and white army who has nominated one of the candidates I would be interested to know what characteristics you see in your nominee that you feel would benefit our club

good luck to each of the candidates and I'm sure all of them will serve in post with due diligence 

13 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

The future is safe in the Fans hands

ive just read the 3 candidates mandates and watched their one minute intro clip

can I do two things - firstly thanking each of the candidates for putting themselves forward to represent the fans and secondary recognise the high quality and skill sets each candidate would bring to the post

finally if there is anyone on black and white army who has nominated one of the candidates I would be interested to know what characteristics you see in your nominee that you feel would benefit our club

good luck to each of the candidates and I'm sure all of them will serve in post with due diligence 

I was asked to support the nominations of all three candidates.

I don't know David Riley so felt I was unable to put my name against his.

I know both Kenny & David Nicol fairly well though and was happy to support their nomination on that basis.

I made it clear to both that this did not mean I would necessarily vote for them, just happy that they were both credible.

I was quite impressed with David Riley's video and think he is a very credible candidate.

I've made it clear on the B&W Army twitter feed that I won't use that account to support any single candidate as I don't really think that is fair.

I have voted but I'll keep that to myself. Process was very good though, well done again SMiSA.

My personal preference is David Nicol. He has been instrumental in making the fans buy out happen and bring the election to the SMISA membership. Without his effort and drive it's highly likely there wouldn't have been a buy out. 

He is Gordon Scott's choice and has already started working with the BOD. I think that he should get first crack at it. He is very professional and approachable. 

Having said all that isn't it great to have a fantastic choice between 3 really good candidates who all want the best for our beloved club.

As previously stated I think David Nicol should get the nomination as he has been a major factor in making all of this possible.

For the above reasons I have voted for David Nicol.

My personal preference is David Nicol. He has been instrumental in making the fans buy out happen and bring the election to the SMISA membership. Without his effort and drive it's highly likely there wouldn't have been a buy out. 

He is Gordon Scott's choice and has already started working with the BOD. I think that he should get first crack at it. He is very professional and approachable. 

Having said all that isn't it great to have a fantastic choice between 3 really good candidates who all want the best for our beloved club.

As previously stated I think David Nicol should get the nomination as he has been a major factor in making all of this possible.

For the above reasons I have voted for David Nicol.

You didn't make it clear who you were supporting.

Could the Club not use the qualities of all three candidates instead of just the one who will be voted in ? 

Just 2 more seats in the Boardroom and maybe an extra plate of sausage rolls. 

Seriously, I think it would be a great idea. Voting rights may have to be shared among the three. 

Could the Club not use the qualities of all three candidates instead of just the one who will be voted in ? 

Just 2 more seats in the Boardroom and maybe an extra plate of sausage rolls. 

Seriously, I think it would be a great idea. Voting rights may have to be shared among the three. 

They may do that if David Nicol fails to win. He seems heavily endorsed by Fitzpatrick and Scott and his pitch seems to focus on a need for continuity.

There is one candidate I'd personally rather was nowhere near a football boardroom if that's not clear already.

They may do that if David Nicol fails to win. He seems heavily endorsed by Fitzpatrick and Scott and his pitch seems to focus on a need for continuity.

There is one candidate I'd personally rather was nowhere near a football boardroom if that's not clear already.

I do believe that D.Nicol probably deserves his place for the job he did getting the bid over the line........But I also believe that there needs to be someone else new in the board room. Others were appointed to the Board by the Chairman and as yet we've still to see what they have brought to the table.

For the sake of transparency and openness there needs to be a new person on the board.

Just now, El Gingero said:

I do believe that D.Nicol probably deserves his place for the job he did getting the bid over the line........But I also believe that there needs to be someone else new in the board room. Others were appointed to the Board by the Chairman and as yet we've still to see what they have brought to the table.

For the sake of transparency and openness there needs to be a new person on the board.

Yeah I'd agree. David Nicol may deserve a place on the board but for me he's tarnished by the fact that he's been nominated by the Chairman and endorsed by the CEO - neither of whom appear to have got the engine running at St Mirren yet. If an update is due from Gordon Scott today I'd love to hear about what progress has been made in forging links with local community football clubs, in terms of community work being done outside of the club in Paisley, and on what those big exciting things that Tony Fitzpatrick said were happening behind the scenes actually are. 

All I want for my representative is someone who is going to be dynamic, someone who will make things happen and who will shout from the rooftops about the progress being made to get the fans inspired and fired up. I'm afraid for me Kenny Morrison is not that man. His MyScotFC project was a disaster and he himself said he quit MyScotFC because "Newmains United were pish". He may not have been responsible for the mess Newmains United were in but he certainly contributed to it. 

Yeah I'd agree. David Nicol may deserve a place on the board but for me he's tarnished by the fact that he's been nominated by the Chairman and endorsed by the CEO - neither of whom appear to have got the engine running at St Mirren yet. If an update is due from Gordon Scott today I'd love to hear about what progress has been made in forging links with local community football clubs, in terms of community work being done outside of the club in Paisley, and on what those big exciting things that Tony Fitzpatrick said were happening behind the scenes actually are. 

All I want for my representative is someone who is going to be dynamic, someone who will make things happen and who will shout from the rooftops about the progress being made to get the fans inspired and fired up. I'm afraid for me Kenny Morrison is not that man. His MyScotFC project was a disaster and he himself said he quit MyScotFC because "Newmains United were pish". He may not have been responsible for the mess Newmains United were in but he certainly contributed to it. 

I've known David Riley for over 25 years and he's a sound bloke. He won't be "star struck" in the Boardroom and be a "yes" man.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting either of the other candidates would be "yes" men.