Director Election Candidacy - Kenny Morrison

TsuMirren

Obviously i do not know the reasons for Kenny resigning,i do know his input will be missed,we largely agreed on ideas for engaging with groups who exist outside of the club.

I resigned from the board of directors of SMiSA but did not cancel my subscription to the trust because i believe that fan ownership is right for our club.

The fact that Kenny has stopped his subscription gives me cause for concern,we might find reasons at the trust AGM or in the pages of the accounts,although i believe we are going to see less detail in the accounts this year. I would suggest that for him to cancel his subscription there must be something he does not want his money spent on,and clearly that certain something did not exist when he became involved with the committee,or he would have cancelled it long before now. Pure speculation on my part but it does worry me.

On 11/02/2018 at 7:15 PM, TsuMirren said:

It's the community stuff that, in my view anyway, should be for SMISA to run with as they're a Community Benefit Society and have a duty to the wider community (something a lot of members don't understand). 

Not a dig but interesting to note the change of opinion there. I remember plenty of arguments previously where you stated the "st mirren community" were the community to be benefited rather than the wider community. I'm sure it was in an argument with Dickson.

The club have a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, St Mirren in the Community , which does not appear very active (from looking at the OSCR website) so I would have thought that would have conflicted with what SMISA do (community wise). That's not to say they couldn't work together on things mind you or agree not to do similar things. I'm not sure how the Street Stuff is done, via RC?

7 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Not a dig but interesting to note the change of opinion there. I remember plenty of arguments previously where you stated the "st mirren community" were the community to be benefited rather than the wider community. I'm sure it was in an argument with Dickson.

No, that was misinterpreted then and you have again now. I stated that the primary community served was the St Mirren support, but SMISA also had a duty to the wider community. That's the same for any community benefit society in that you obviously have a primary community that is served, but you also have a duty to the wider community. It was indeed with Dickson,  who actually sent me quite a nice message after I resigned, and at the time I was struggling to grasp where the misinterpretation came from. 

4 hours ago, melmac said:

The club have a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, St Mirren in the Community , which does not appear very active (from looking at the OSCR website) so I would have thought that would have conflicted with what SMISA do (community wise). That's not to say they couldn't work together on things mind you or agree not to do similar things. I'm not sure how the Street Stuff is done, via RC?

The Community Trust is being brought back to life by Alan Wardrop and others. Street Stuff is indeed funded by RC, badged under St Mirren and charged for use of The Dome. 

• 1 month later...