Director Election Candidacy - Kenny Morrison

TsuMirren

49 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

When? 

I offered to run an SMS service for them at no cost to the club where they would have got 33% of all revenue taken in, not just from St Mirren related business but from all of the clubs I covered in its entirety.  This isn't about me though. It's about you and your abilities and competences to do the job. I think your judgement was sorely lacking in that boardroom in 2012 and if we are to take your comments here at face value you voted in favour of giving Rangers preferential treatment even though you never thought any of the scenario would happen. That strikes me as a very strange way to behave. 

I want a fan representative that will take issues and complaints from the clubs customer base to the board. I want someone principled, capable and with the courage to stand up to any pressure being put on them by the other members of the board, or indeed from other boards in Scottish football, to drop issues that they don't like. I want someone dynamic who can make things happen and someone who will have the focus and determination to improve the club far beyond where it's currently at. I'd love to see my representative armed with a wealth of creative ideas or at least open to suggestions from members that may or may not be viable, but that are ideas regardless and not someone who has members on ignore.

Thanks for responding Kenny but I'm afraid you are not the candidate for me.  

Is this a double, double, double do-over..?

if it is then that makes you Kenny's 'Covert Campaign' manager. Very clever Kenny, very clever.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

When? 

I offered to run an SMS service for them at no cost to the club where they would have got 33% of all revenue taken in, not just from St Mirren related business but from all of the clubs I covered in its entirety.  This isn't about me though. It's about you and your abilities and competences to do the job. I think your judgement was sorely lacking in that boardroom in 2012 and if we are to take your comments here at face value you voted in favour of giving Rangers preferential treatment even though you never thought any of the scenario would happen. That strikes me as a very strange way to behave. 

I want a fan representative that will take issues and complaints from the clubs customer base to the board. I want someone principled, capable and with the courage to stand up to any pressure being put on them by the other members of the board, or indeed from other boards in Scottish football, to drop issues that they don't like. I want someone dynamic who can make things happen and someone who will have the focus and determination to improve the club far beyond where it's currently at. I'd love to see my representative armed with a wealth of creative ideas or at least open to suggestions from members that may or may not be viable, but that are ideas regardless and not someone who has members on ignore.

Wanky pish

Guest TPAFKATS
When? 

Given that you nominated another candidate it's kinda obvious that he's not the candidate for you.
You could've saved us the long winded wanky pish posts..

Just now, tony soprano said:

Given that you nominated another candidate it's kinda obvious that he's not the candidate for you.
You could've saved us the long winded wanky pish posts..

It's on record why I nominated David Riley. It was to ensure there would be an election. I have never met or talked to David Riley

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

When? 

I`ll bet hes f**kin devastated with that news.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I`ll bet hes f**kin devastated with that news.

I'm sure he isn't, but others really need to think about this. Is a man who voted to give Rangers preferential treatment the right man to represent fans views on the board? Is a man who poured all his energy into a business that at it's peak managed to get 30 customers and raised a total of £1000 a man you think can take a club like St Mirren forward? 

9 hours ago, antrin said:

Is a man brimming over with wanky pish worth bothering about?

Bloody sure he's not. I've had StuDick on ignore since Jesus was a joiner but he's all over our forums because other folk continue to respond to him. He gets the oxygen of publicity. I understand why Kenny had to respond but not the rest of you guys. Ignore him and maybe we might get peace. Can all the guys who feel they have to respond to him please ignore him for a month? Let's see what happens. If you are all convinced he only talks wanky pish, you ain't gonna miss anything.

11 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Bloody sure he's not. I've had StuDick on ignore since Jesus was a joiner but he's all over our forums because other folk continue to respond to him. He gets the oxygen of publicity. I understand why Kenny had to respond but not the rest of you guys. Ignore him and maybe we might get peace. Can all the guys who feel they have to respond to him please ignore him for a month? Let's see what happens. If you are all convinced he only talks wanky pish, you ain't gonna miss anything.

Another adult using the IGNORE FUNCTION among fellow St Mirren Supporters

BOO HOO :lol:

13 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

9 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm sure he isn't, but others really need to think about this. Is a man who voted to give Rangers preferential treatment the right man to represent fans views on the board? Is a man who poured all his energy into a business that at it's peak managed to get 30 customers and raised a total of £1000 a man you think can take a club like St Mirren forward? 

:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

When? 

Kenny, if I may use his First Name as I don't know him, was never going to be your candidate, what you are attempting to do is convince as many others that he's not the right candidate for the role.

All three have been forthright and brave enough to stand and for that alone have my respect. I will read and listen to what each one has to say and base my decision on that and I hope that the majority take a similar view. I thought, when I saw this thread opening that it would be a good opportunity for people to ask questions and receive "honest" replies to their queries.........the last thing I was hoping for was to see a "potentially" positive thread being dragged into turgid, repetitive guff.

Occasionally you surprise me when you have something balanced and worthwhile to say ........... unfortunately I'm never surprised when you "spout" from on-high half truths, not even near truths and sometimes untruths to further whichever agenda you are peddling.

4 hours ago, shull said:

Another adult using the IGNORE FUNCTION among fellow St Mirren Supporters

BOO HOO :lol:

Is that better or worse when I point out his inconsistencies or wanky pish?

You take a weird personal interest in how I find him derisory.

His wanky pish is either to be ignored or it is to be derided.

You can't have both.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Is that better or worse when I point out his inconsistencies or wanky pish?

You take a weird personal interest in how I find him derisory.

His wanky pish is either to be ignored or it is to be derided.

You can't have both.

At least you're reading what you think is wanky pish. 

And responding, although your replies are trash. 

Here we have a guy who has put himself forward as someone the members of SMiSA should trust to represent their interests in the boardroom, and yet here on this very thread, he admits to having voted to give Rangers preferential treatment in July 2012 because the meeting had overrun. He voted to bend the rules to give a new "Rangers" an easy ride back to the top league, despite the fact that precedent had already been established in Scottish Football on this matter when Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna all went into liquidation. He did so despite knowing the views of the St Mirren support and the views of the wider customer base in Scottish Football at that time. He says he even did so despite it not really being what he wanted, and he did so trusting FIFA or UEFA to come along and stop the morally indefensible thing he was voting in favour of ever happening anyway. 

And yet still on this thread there are people who want to defend him and who want to turn their abuse on me. 

Wanky pish? Not from me. My box of Kleenex remains unopened. Unfortunately there appears to be no shortage of wankers on here though willing to defend the indefensible. :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, RickMcD said:

I initially responded to Stuart on this thread to set the record straight over something. I daresay Kenny could have done it himself, but I thought my limited intervention might be of some assistance.

I don't generally use the ignore function. Much as I understand that it can be a pain for those who do to have to see quoted posts of folk they have on ignore, it seems to me to be an inevitable hazard of using the forum.

Bottom line is that you don't have to read anything. Just scan, dismiss, and move on.

40 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Here we have a guy who has put himself forward as someone the members of SMiSA should trust to represent their interests in the boardroom, and yet here on this very thread, he admits to having voted to give Rangers preferential treatment in July 2012 because the meeting had overrun. He voted to bend the rules to give a new "Rangers" an easy ride back to the top league, despite the fact that precedent had already been established in Scottish Football on this matter when Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna all went into liquidation. He did so despite knowing the views of the St Mirren support and the views of the wider customer base in Scottish Football at that time. He says he even did so despite it not really being what he wanted, and he did so trusting FIFA or UEFA to come along and stop the morally indefensible thing he was voting in favour of ever happening anyway. 

And yet still on this thread there are people who want to defend him and who want to turn their abuse on me. 

Wanky pish? Not from me. My box of Kleenex remains unopened. Unfortunately there appears to be no shortage of wankers on here though willing to defend the indefensible. :rolleyes: 

Wanky, lying pish, this time.  What a surprise.... :searches for sarcasm emoticon...

I believe KennyM's version of what happened. He shouldn't have wasted his time trying to treat you as a normal person.

43 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You seem to be contradictory of your criticism of one of the candidates here.

On another thread you correctly posted that under company law a Director of a business should always make decisions that are in the best interest for the business.

Yet when Kenny explains the rational for his vote you condemn him to be stoned at noon.

For me Kenny has demonstrated that he has the quality to adhere to the rules of company law. He has advised that he was put in a position where he voted based on information to hand that was right for the club at the rather than on his personal opinion. That’s the kind of person that should be a Director not a yes man or someone who is swayed by popular opinion.

What really comes across is that Kenny is another one of the long list of people that you have an “agenda” about.

10 minutes ago, Gruffalo said:

You seem to be contradictory of your criticism of one of the candidates here.

On another thread you correctly posted that under company law a Director of a business should always make decisions that are in the best interest for the business.

Yet when Kenny explains the rational for his vote you condemn him to be stoned at noon.

For me Kenny has demonstrated that he has the quality to adhere to the rules of company law. He has advised that he was put in a position where he voted based on information to hand that was right for the club at the rather than on his personal opinion. That’s the kind of person that should be a Director not a yes man or someone who is swayed by popular opinion.

What really comes across is that Kenny is another one of the long list of people that you have an “agenda” about.

Kenny was not a director at the club at the time - he still isn't - but even if he had been he'd have been wrong just as Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell were. If you cheat to aid one club because of their finances then you are as well closing down sport in this country, because the integrity of the game is finished. Kenny knew that too. From his own words he believed that UEFA would intervene, so why vote against your principles? Why vote against the will of the support of the club? Why vote against the will of the vast majority of football clubs customer bases right across Scotland? Kenny answered that - apparently it was because the meeting had over run. :rolleyes:

It's interesting you think I shouldn't have challenged this candidate. Perhaps you think the election shouldn't be taken seriously? Perhaps you think only SMiSA members who like your friend should be allowed to express an opinion?

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Kenny was not a director at the club at the time - he still isn't - but even if he had been he'd have been wrong just as Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell were. If you cheat to aid one club because of their finances then you are as well closing down sport in this country, because the integrity of the game is finished. Kenny knew that too. From his own words he believed that UEFA would intervene, so why vote against your principles? Why vote against the will of the support of the club? Why vote against the will of the vast majority of football clubs customer bases right across Scotland? Kenny answered that - apparently it was because the meeting had over run. :rolleyes:

It's interesting you think I shouldn't have challenged this candidate. Perhaps you think the election shouldn't be taken seriously? Perhaps you think only SMiSA members who like your friend should be allowed to express an opinion?

The integrity of the game finished many years ago. Its about money and greed now and it will never change. The club is a business first and foremost. 

For the record i do not know or have ever met Kenny. As for voting for him i have yet to decide who to vote for. Your quite correct everyone's allowed an opinion, you should respect that yourself.