Director Election Candidacy - Kenny Morrison

TsuMirren

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:40 AM, beyond our ken said:

If kenny's campaign needed a major boost then this is it.   can i cash out on this one just now?

The Dickhead has also had a pop at David Nicol on the thread about a loyal fan being barred. David Riley will probably be the only one not to enjoy the plus of being rubbished by the prat as Studick endorsed him or whatever the term is. Sorry, David.

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:

The Dickhead has also had a pop at David Nicol on the thread about a loyal fan being barred. David Riley will probably be the only one not to enjoy the plus of being rubbished by the prat as Studick endorsed him or whatever the term is. Sorry, David.

He was one of David Riley's nominees...

Guest TPAFKATS
He was one of David Riley's nominees...

He also said he doesn't know David Riley and nominated him as he felt there should be more competitive election.

Only say this is the interest of balance for David Riley as I wouldn't want him to be unfairly penalised in this election due to 'guilt by association'

4 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

He also said he doesn't know David Riley and nominated him as he felt there should be more competitive election.

Only say this is the interest of balance for David Riley as I wouldn't want him to be unfairly penalised in this election due to 'guilt by association'

From the folk I've been talking with I would say David Riley is ahead in the polls. 

A question that gets asked more now than years ago in job interviews is what are your weaknesses, so my question is what do you consider to be your weaknesses?

In the context of this election I'm not really sure. The fact I can't drive and spend too much on dvds or wrestling memorabilia probably doesn't apply. My obsession with football certainly isn't a weakness here or my lack of technical knowledge in engineering.

At work I can get a bit tired of giving the same answer to various people.. That's down to just wanting to get on, be efficient and achieve targets. Plus it's a major organisation, so it's bound to happen. The one thing that may apply, not sure, is assuming people understand things as well as I do and becoming frustrated if they don't. Who doesn't get frustrated though, it's only an issue if you down tools instead of moving on. Coupled with the assumption is expectation. Perfect example being in Scottish Water where I identified the need for a Scotland wide team to enable time sheet entry and manage project hour controls. Having laid out the structure of the team, I went to consultant groups to gain access to resources to deal with their staff and my only expectation was the person could follow basic instructions. So the end result was that I'd assumed and expected too much, leading to training etc taking a bit longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to work with Kenny and regularly enjoyed (had to endure) many discussions about other ventures with football club support and if im honest i have rarely met anyone who puts club/project over his own success. The club in question was down south and the attitude he showed and genuine want for the best for the club was great to see. IMO placing Kennys skillset into the club he loves would be a great move and i would have complete faith in him being an asset to the club.

Best of luck to all candidates. From what ive heard they are all good.

I used to work with Kenny and regularly enjoyed (had to endure) many discussions about other ventures with football club support projects and if im honest i have rarely met anyone who puts club/project over his own success. The club in question was down south and the attitude he showed and genuine want for the best for the club was great to see. IMO placing Kennys skillset into the club he loves would be a great move and i would have complete faith in him being an asset to the club.

Best of luck to all candidates. From what ive heard they are all good.

Has this happened already?

5 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Has this happened already?

A 3 way tie.

They have all been co -opted on to the Board.

Well done to them  ........  Kendo  , Renfrew  and EK Dude.

PERONIS ALL ROUND FOR THEM TONIGHT 

On 09/11/2016 at 8:48 AM, RickMcD said:

Bloody sure he's not. I've had StuDick on ignore since Jesus was a joiner but he's all over our forums because other folk continue to respond to him. He gets the oxygen of publicity. I understand why Kenny had to respond but not the rest of you guys. Ignore him and maybe we might get peace. Can all the guys who feel they have to respond to him please ignore him for a month? Let's see what happens. If you are all convinced he only talks wanky pish, you ain't gonna miss anything.

Has it ever occurred to you that many of us dont appreciate being told what to do, how to think or who to ignore Rick?

We are perfectly capable of making our own minds up.

I have had various people on ignore from time to time (usually for sending me threats by private message) but right now I prefer to have everyone active. Warts and all.

I am not in favour of blocking people out in a fit of petulance simply because I cant handle them having a different opinion to me.

Mind you, I am a full grown man.

Edited by oaksoft

On 08/11/2016 at 11:16 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm sure he isn't, but others really need to think about this. Is a man who voted to give Rangers preferential treatment the right man to represent fans views on the board? Is a man who poured all his energy into a business that at it's peak managed to get 30 customers and raised a total of £1000 a man you think can take a club like St Mirren forward? 

Actually you might well have a decent point here.

The problem is that you get so caught up in misrepresenting what he has said that nobody can trust anything you say.

On 09/11/2016 at 4:48 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

Here we have a guy who has put himself forward as someone the members of SMiSA should trust to represent their interests in the boardroom, and yet here on this very thread, he admits to having voted to give Rangers preferential treatment in July 2012 because the meeting had overrun. He voted to bend the rules to give a new "Rangers" an easy ride back to the top league, despite the fact that precedent had already been established in Scottish Football on this matter when Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna all went into liquidation. He did so despite knowing the views of the St Mirren support and the views of the wider customer base in Scottish Football at that time. He says he even did so despite it not really being what he wanted, and he did so trusting FIFA or UEFA to come along and stop the morally indefensible thing he was voting in favour of ever happening anyway. 

And yet still on this thread there are people who want to defend him and who want to turn their abuse on me. 

Wanky pish? Not from me. My box of Kleenex remains unopened. Unfortunately there appears to be no shortage of wankers on here though willing to defend the indefensible. :rolleyes: 

That last sentence FFS. What you are experiencing is people not trusting a f**king word that comes out of your lying mouth.

Seriously bud, not an OUNCE of self awareness.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:26 AM, oaksoft said:

Has it ever occurred to you that many of us dont appreciate being told what to do, how to think or who to ignore Rick?

We are perfectly capable of making our own minds up.

I have had various people on ignore from time to time (usually for sending me threats by private message) but right now I prefer to have everyone active. Warts and all.

I am not in favour of blocking people out in a fit of petulance simply because I cant handle them having a different opinion to me.

Mind you, I am a full grown man.

I suppose I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt about the efficacy of your final sentence. As far as I am aware StuDick is the only current poster I have on ignore. The disappointing thing I feel, is the number of really good guys who respond to his every post. Virtually never to congratulate him- Normally to denigrate him and his views. And the mind numbing time the words wanky pish are used is mind boggling. I hope you noticed I suggested ignoring him for a month. That was purely to see what reaction there would be from him.

This guy genuinely seems bemused that St.Mirren FC can turn down his oft repeated offers to help. He doesn't understand why. Answers on a postcard.......

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:

I suppose I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt about the efficacy of your final sentence. As far as I am aware StuDick is the only current poster I have on ignore. The disappointing thing I feel, is the number of really good guys who respond to his every post. Virtually never to congratulate him- Normally to denigrate him and his views. And the mind numbing time the words wanky pish are used is mind boggling. I hope you noticed I suggested ignoring him for a month. That was purely to see what reaction there would be from him.

This guy genuinely seems bemused that St.Mirren FC can turn down his oft repeated offers to help. He doesn't understand why. Answers on a postcard.......

I cant speak for Dicko as regards whether he really understands why he is being ignored or not.

Personally I have no problem with his views or how he expresses them. He can do what he likes as long as others can respond as they like. I am cool with that. I am not comfortable with this idea of shutting people up because they annoy you. Its not as though we are having to share the same physical room. TBH, without trying to encourage the bugger, I prefer a bit of colour to the forum. If he disappeared and some of the other more forthright people also disappeared then the forum would be finished. As forums go, I prefer a range of vocal pains in the arse to the beige "Saw player X at Asda" drivel which was barely funny when lovestreet came up with it. What annoys me more is the number of people who cant deal, on any level, with those holding different views to them. The politics forum on Pie and Bovril is absolutely terrible for it. There is a real danger of taking forums like this way too seriously.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, RickMcD said:

I don't have a virtual postcard, but...

"wanky pish"?

:P

• 1 year later...