'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.' SMiSA Director Election.

RickMcD

I've had a reminder about the election. I never vote in political elections but St.Mirren FC is a lot more important than governments. I would like to vote but despite the statements from the three candidates, I feel I know nothing about them. Am I alone in that regard? There are over 1300 SMiSA members I believe and I wonder how many know any of the applicants. At the moment my choices are to toss a coin or just don't vote. Do any other members feel that they're in the same position?

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:
I've had a reminder about the election. I never vote in political elections but St.Mirren FC is a lot more important than governments. I would like to vote but despite the statements from the three candidates, I feel I know nothing about them. Am I alone in that regard? There are over 1300 SMiSA members I believe and I wonder how many know any of the applicants. At the moment my choices are to toss a coin or just don't vote. Do any other members feel that they're in the same position?

Surely their personal statements and brief video clips have made some impression on you? I do not know any of them personally but have voted based on the info I have.

Edited by Sonny

44 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Surely their personal statements and brief video clips have some some impression on you? I do not know any of them personally but have voted based on the info I have.y

Do you mean information over and above their personal statements? I thought all three were pretty reasonable but then I didn't expect other than that. In my opinion there was nothing said by any one of them that made him the favourite. I'll stick with abstaining.

11 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Do you mean information over and above their personal statements? I thought all three were pretty reasonable but then I didn't expect other than that. In my opinion there was nothing said by any one of them that made him the favourite. I'll stick with abstaining.

Don't abstain or we will end up with Trump being elected :)

Being back Willie Bell, the old board set up a Quango in direct opposition to SMiSA as they did not like the statements they put out and called it the Fans Council.

They are still out there backed by the new board , with the St Mirren board attending theirAGM which will be in the Stadium , where they are allowed to have their meetings.

SMiSA are just a cash cow for the club , who have to hold their meetings in the back of a cafe.

SMiSA needs strong leader 

Nah I found it easy. I dont know Kenny Morrison personally but I have been in the club boardroom with him when the most contentious issue was being discussed. I don't remember him challenging the board on their arguments or their evidence. I do remember he voted with Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell to treat Rangers more preferably than Scottish football had treated Gretna, Airdrie, and Third Lanark. And when I challenged him on this his response — which is there for all to read - was that there were confusing caveats, the meeting had over run and UEFA, if they happened to be paying attention, would have stopped it from happening. Is that a man I'd trust to represent me in a football boardroom? Nah!

I don't know the other two candidates. However David Nicol is in the post just now. I'm not happy with the apparent lack of progress being made by the new board across a plethora of areas. There does appear to have been a complete lack of a plan and although communication from Gordon Scott seems better, the SMiSA rep is utterly anonymous. Put questions forward on it and his pals tell you to email him cause he might not use the forum yet when I have emailed Colin Orr and Barry Mitchell have been the respondants. Do I want my rep on the board to be difficult to contact? Do I want my representative to have been nominated by the Chairman and endorsed by the CEO? Nah!

That leaves David Riley, who for all I know could be a complete plonker like Oaksoft or Coward or one of the decent guys like Shull or Reynard. I nominated him to make a vote happen. His personal statement seems OK. All I've really got beyond that is that someone else I'd listen to says he knows him and trusts him. In many ways it is like electing my MP or my MSP. I don't know them either but by the fact that I don't want to be represented by the other two David Riley won my vote.

1 hour ago, rebella15 said:

SMiSA are just a cash cow for the club , who have to hold their meetings in the back of a cafe.

Fairly sure I've been to several SMiSA meetings in the stadium.

In fact I am fairly sure SMiSA are holding an event on 2nd December in the Hospitality Suite in the stadium?

I've voted for David Nicol. He is on the board currently, and I think should get the opportunity to be there for a longer period before being assessed on the merits of his directorship.Difficult to make a decision based on the info given, but Kenny Morrison had a bizarre mini-vendetta against Jim Goodwin last season, and wears a gimpish mask, so I'm questioning both his judgement and character.

:ph34r:

Edited by Soctty

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Surely their personal statements and brief video clips have made some impression on you? I do not know any of them personally but have voted based on the info I have.

I'm with Sonny on this one and frankly Ricky as someone who posts such positive vibes and talks up the club at every opportunity I'm confused that you trivialise the voting procedure.

i took the time to read the statements - watch the clips and match my wishes for the way the club goes forward and chose the candidate I felt would deliver 

Gents I think it's churlish to decry a candidate based on who did or didn't nominate them

we are all Saints together ! KTF ⚽️

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Isle Of Bute Saint- wow don't let a Democrat vote get in the way of your head up your arse hole . Who are you a none self confused St Mirren  supporter. You know nothing of Kenny . Shame on you though let's be honest  here you row against the grain such a bitter wee man if there is one fan never to trust it's you where your bitter history  is full of lies. Check it's history out if in any doubt.  

f**k me IoBS. I've even had to fix your quote for you :rolleyes:

You do know that in a democratic process debate should be encouraged and points of view aired, don't you? I haven't stifled democracy at all - unlike your ham fisted attempt here at telling me - a SMiSA member - that I shouldn't air my opinion. Shame on you. :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, rebella15 said:

Being back Willie Bell, the old board set up a Quango in direct opposition to SMiSA as they did not like the statements they put out and called it the Fans Council.

They are still out there backed by the new board , with the St Mirren board attending theirAGM which will be in the Stadium , where they are allowed to have their meetings.

SMiSA needs strong leader 

Firstly, Willie Bell would be welcome back anytime,he quite simply wanted to step back from meetings for personal reasons.

SMiSA are not a cash cow for the club we raise funds and ask our members what they should be spent on,which mainly so far has been to help progress the club via the youth academy and panda club,and lately to improve the experience of match days for less able fans. SMiSA are in the process of getting together the funds to pay off the previous board and then buy out Gordon Scott,then SMiSA will have the keys to the doors which allow you access to the various meeting rooms.At the moment we have no access to club premises unless we book the hospitality suite and pay for it,we can get meeting facilities free of charge elsewhere,Saporito coffee (which has an excellent large rear room) where we hold meetings quite comfortably with the ability to buy food,tea or coffee etc., Meetings at the Bull are in one of the booths which is not ideal but serves the purpose,again without cost.

The club set up the fans council and that was done by the previous board,they have a club key holder which allows them to hold meetings without any club staff having to be there.SMiSA will get the keys one day,we have asked to use the stadium for meetings but as we don't have a key holder we were told it's not possible,anyway it's cheaper and actually easier to get to having our meetings elsewhere.

I realise people probably think SMiSA should be allowed similar facilities to the fans council but as it stands they are part of the club and we are an independent group who own shares in the club,until we own a majority of shares i don't see that changing.We have and will continue to hold events at the stadium when we can.

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Firstly, Willie Bell would be welcome back anytime,he quite simply wanted to step back from meetings for personal reasons.

SMiSA are not a cash cow for the club we raise funds and ask our members what they should be spent on,which mainly so far has been to help progress the club via the youth academy and panda club,and lately to improve the experience of match days for less able fans. SMiSA are in the process of getting together the funds to pay off the previous board and then buy out Gordon Scott,then SMiSA will have the keys to the doors which allow you access to the various meeting rooms.At the moment we have no access to club premises unless we book the hospitality suite and pay for it,we can get meeting facilities free of charge elsewhere,Saporito coffee (which has an excellent large rear room) where we hold meetings quite comfortably with the ability to buy food,tea or coffee etc., Meetings at the Bull are in one of the booths which is not ideal but serves the purpose,again without cost.

The club set up the fans council and that was done by the previous board,they have a club key holder which allows them to hold meetings without any club staff having to be there.SMiSA will get the keys one day,we have asked to use the stadium for meetings but as we don't have a key holder we were told it's not possible,anyway it's cheaper and actually easier to get to having our meetings elsewhere.

I realise people probably think SMiSA should be allowed similar facilities to the fans council but as it stands they are part of the club and we are an independent group who own shares in the club,until we own a majority of shares i don't see that changing.We have and will continue to hold events at the stadium when we can.

Buddiecat, just for clarification.....SMiSA may well be an independent group who own shares in the club ( a fair chunk of shares and working with the Chairman to become the largest shareholder) but also have a member co-opted on to the Club Board. Are the club really suggesting that a current member of the Club Board can't be trusted with a set of keys or has the question never been asked??