Falkirk V Saint Mirren

St.Ricky

Its a sad day for Saints fans when the thought of playing Falkirk strikes a sort of dread into the heart. Realistically a defeat seems the only likely outcome and in fact the next 3 fixtures could end up pointless. In which case, even this early, the wisdom of Jack Ross` appointment could be called into question. I doubt whether the new ruling junta would be keen to admit, just like the previous lot in charge, that they have made a grave mistake. Lets face it, the vast majority of football managers acquire jobs and salaries they could never be considered for in real life. It could depend on what the expectation was at the point of interview. Maybe one of two scenarios, (a) anything other than relegation is deemed a success , in which case JR gets another season or (b) its already too late but we have to come straight back up at the first attempt, and if not its sayonara.

I know someone always has to be relegated but to have fallen like a stone for several years without interruption really takes the wind out of your sails, particularly when most of this has been self-inflicted. We had a great chance of improvement 4 years ago when our nearest neighbours imploded, but instead of capitalising on this, we made every decision a wrong one, losing half our fan base instead of increasing it through various hare-brained schemes (Im loathe to keep repeating but , dud managers, crocked and useless players, over the top pricing, all ticket fiascos, rarely winning at home etc etc ) It now looks certain we are to reach the lowest point in history, unfortunately this side not only lacks ability, it lacks the fight needed to defy the inevitable. I would love to be proved wrong but the loins are girded for Jules Verne football, lol.

17 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

We're 5/1 to win on bet 365, think that says it all tbh... certainly won't be betting on us to win but will definitely have my fingers crossed!

At those odds I could be tempted . I'll never learn .

12 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Saints to record their first league win.:-)

Given all the clubs in this league can, and have had erratic form this season, anything is possible tomorrow.

having seen the highlights from the Spartans game we will never play another team this season who run backwards faster, whilst maintaining a five yard "no tackle" zone like they did. Feck knows what their coach thought he would get out of that?

Houston is an auld git, canny, mouthy and selective with the facts. He will know, and has seen how we have up to this point buckled under any pressing high up against us. For sure he will be asking his team to do just that.

this game will tell us if Ross, and the players have the skill, organisation, courage, confidence and sheer doggidness to hit them hard and fast on the break? If we can do this as described it will captilise on holes left in midfield, and test our wingbacks in how effective thier support of the forward flanks are. I expect a right ding-dong game tomorrow which I hope we can see out.

5-1 against is, if we can play as described above, well worth a punt!

A rather eventful day on the Forum.

Quite a few heads exploding. :o

Here's hoping for a successful day tomorrow with a Saints win at the Falkirk Stadium Including a Billy Bunter hat trick. :)

COME ON THE SAINTS !!!!

Night night Spangles. :double :)

On 11/21/2016 at 8:40 PM, shull said:

Anyway ......

Falkirk 2 St Mirren 3

Crowd 4013

Lee Miller red carded for diving

Sutton will score the first.

Shanky, if hungry just for goals, will hit a brace.

COME ON THE SAINTS !!!! :clapping

Edited by shull
To annoy swearymooth

Falkirk obviously have better players than us and a better manager. There's a reason we are 5/1 to win with some bookies, we are huge underdogs today.

All signs point to a comfortable home win. Footballs a funny game though and anything can happen. With regards to the team will say the same thing I've been saying for weeks. We need to go 3 in midfield and play Sutton upfront on his own, play a far more defensive and direct game and focus on being hard to beat. This means dropping Shankland for a midfielder, I don't know if we have any midfielders left... maybe there's one in the u20's. Get him in then, can't do any worse,