Striker on trial

7 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

The whole club should be pit on trial

bring back hingin, metaphorically speaking of course

a slap wi a wet sawney will suffice

wan wi studs

Given Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan seem to allow hingin maybe we should apply to these leagues and play there, a bit like the bigot brothers applying to England to play in their league!

59 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Apparently scored a hat trick against Thistle for Cowdenbeath on trial then turned down a deal with them. Ex Man Utd youth.

No need for more strikers though, unless we punt Shanks, Hardie & Walsh.

We are failing to score, which is more of a concern than our defending imo as Ayr have only scored 2 more goals than us and are 11 points ahead.

Hardie has failed to live up to expectations and is due back in January anyway. I think this is potentially where we have room to bring someone else in. Walsh has been ok, though id rather we kept playing our own youngsters with even McLear getting his chance from the bench over Walsh.

Shanks has proven in the past he can score at this level, though the jury is also out on him this season. If this Irish fella can show anything from now up till the start of the transfer window that he can offer some firepower then why not.

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Apparently scored a hat trick against Thistle for Cowdenbeath on trial then turned down a deal with them. Ex Man Utd youth.

No need for more strikers though, unless we punt Shanks, Hardie & Walsh.

We need to improve the team. Safe to say all areas could do with improvement. Up to Ross to decide which strikers he keeps and whether he wants this boy in.

Shanks is a season loan deal, cant see Aberdeen wanting him back on the wage bill before then.

Surely we don't need Aberdeen's permission to terminate a loan deal? We've terminated several in January over the last few years.

Caprice, Plummer, Drury to name but a few.

17 hours ago, buddiecat said:

He left Portadown over a season and half ago and has played little first team fitba at any of his clubs

Non starter

Shanks contract runs out at the end of the season with Aberdeen. We have him till the end of the season as such I would keep him young player who is capable of putting the ball in the net. If and I write if he comes good then we could sign him as our own player. Personally I think we should keep him and work on him there is a striker in there. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Shanks contract runs out at the end of the season with Aberdeen. We have him till the end of the season as such I would keep him young player who is capable of putting the ball in the net. If and I write if he comes good then we could sign him as our own player. Personally I think we should keep him and work on him there is a striker in there. 

How many

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Given Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan seem to allow hingin maybe we should apply to these leagues and play there, a bit like the bigot brothers applying to England to play in their league!

We'd have more chance of getting the gig though.

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

How many

Goals ?  How many did Archibald score point being you need to create chances for strikers to score. Big Sutton will score goals if you have high balls coming from the flanks with Malian just sitting behind the strikers. Goals will come that way. Ross has said we are weak on the left so let's see what happens when the window opens. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Goals ?  How many did Archibald score point being you need to create chances for strikers to score. Big Sutton will score goals if you have high balls coming from the flanks with Malian just sitting behind the strikers. Goals will come that way. Ross has said we are weak on the left so let's see what happens when the window opens. 

I think the question was, "HOW MANY STRIKERS ARE IN THERE"?, given his increasing bulk over the last few months.

53 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Surely we don't need Aberdeen's permission to terminate a loan deal? We've terminated several in January over the last few years.

Caprice, Plummer, Drury to name but a few.

Only if he is injured long term, or Aberdeen agree to cut the deal short usually. Maybe they might if asked.

i thought the previous manager got sacked for having an imbalanced squad, i.e. Too many strikers etc..?

Ross hasn't thought this one through.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Only if he is injured long term, or Aberdeen agree to cut the deal short usually. Maybe they might if asked.

i thought the previous manager got sacked for having an imbalanced squad, i.e. Too many strikers etc..?

Ross hasn't thought this one through.

You obviously don't read the management comments.  Ross said the squad I'd  ( imbalanced ) in particular  the left side. So expect  a few changes  in January.  Hope this helps you misjudgement.  

2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

He left Portadown over a season and half ago and has played little first team fitba at any of his clubs

Non starter

I thought that but seems he returned to Portadown on a one year contract in the summer. Either way it seems he's not good enough for them :unsure:

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You obviously don't read the management comments.  Ross said the squad I'd  ( imbalanced ) in particular  the left side. So expect  a few changes  in January.  Hope this helps you misjudgement.  

Sorry but the Chairman made these comments which were widely quoted (see evening times below) about too many strikers that cant get a game, and as you say lack of left back. My judg  is crystal, non-selective and factual.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14784198.Saints_chairman_welcomes_new_boss_but_admits_he__39_s_giving_him_an_imbalanced_squad/?ref=arc

Need someone to work of Sutton how many times has he set up clarkson Hardie and shank's with sitters and they blow it. need someone to mop up the knock downs I agree that shanks could be a great player.if we could sign him permanent that would be great.with john signed for another season he could learn from him and play the roll Sutton plays.